Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2019 3:41:32 PM EDT
So the first time someone makes a hicap 22lr pistol! I was wanting to hear any news about it! I'd like to buy one but want know I'm not buy a keltec fantastic gun that looks cool but does not work.

No flame on the company they have a few nice guns like the sub-2000 they just need to make it in 10mm or 45 acp!
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Handled one at the store, looks great but mag is TIGHT in the grip
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a few Kel Tecs including a PMR & CMR 30. The PMR was fussy during break in but never had issues with the CMR carbine, either with the broken in PMR mags or the new ones that came with the CMR.

The mag design is pretty clever but does take some patience to load properly. A good speed loader helps immensely.

Accuracy on my PMR isn't great, the lock up on the barrel is loose which I think hurts accuracy. The CMR with a fixed barrel shoots tight. The CP33 is supposed to have a fixed barrel as well so I'm gonna be curious to see what everyone reports. If accuracy is your primary goal I think there's probably gonna be better options but I agree, finally having a handgun sized platform with 30 rounds of capacity is fun.

I think they were smart to come up with a fresh design rather than just make a .22lr version of the PMR. I'd like to see a brace as well in the future.
I'd assumed with the length of the receiver they were either making a design that works as a pistol and a carbine or making a 'brace friendly' setup.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up a couple of CP33s.  I have shot several mags through one of them and its probably my favorite 22lr pistol.  Round loading is pretty easy and I followed 22 plinskter's advice to load a round and push it in with the base of the next round until it meets the back of the mag.  No rim locks using this method.  It is very accurate.  Easily hitting 6 inch metal targets at 25 yards.

I own many Kel Tec products including the PMR and CMR.  The PMR is ok, but not super accurate.  I have an early'ish one and I think they have fixed the issues.  Fun, but not my favorite.  The CMR is much better although I had mine fire out of battery blowing out the magazine and splitting the grip.  Kel Tec repaired it and it works well.

The CP33 is awesome. While still early, I am impressed.  The mags are very tight in the mag well.  When shooting suppressed, this seemed to get a bit worse with blow back and crap getting in the magwell.  Simply wiping down the mags and running a rag through the mag well and all is well again.  Cleaning is super easy.  Same single pin removal and it comes apart.

I recommend them if you can find them.  I had to go through Gunbroker.

Feel free to ask me any questions.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine, have close to 1000 rounds through it with only a couple of malfunctions. Mags are tight in mine as well I just wish they weren't $50. Trigger is surprisingly good for a Kel-Tec product. Not a huge fan of the charging latch, feels a little flimsy and the shock buffer already is looking sad, I bet it dies in another 1-2k. The part looks 3d printed and holds two rubber buffers, the sides are beginning to split.

Got it stupid cheap, $385.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top