Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2021 12:29:41 PM EDT
Despite losing a bunch of weight over the past year, I still have a decent gut and "the handles"

I am 5' 11" and down to 200lbs and have been maintaining that weight (plus or minus a few lbs) for over 6 months with a strict keto/intermittent fasting/low sugar diet.

Up until now I have been using a sticky holster with my G43 in my front pants pocket, but I am tired of carrying this way. and the draw is slow and re-holstering requires taking the SH out of my pocket, putting firearm back in and the putting it all back in pocket.

I am still struggling with wearing a CC holster. I have tried some IWB ones from Crossbreed and Galco, but no matter where I put them (tried 1-6 o'clock) they are uncomfortable and/or print badly or both.

I also tried the alien gear shapeshift holster, but again it rides too high and either prints badly or stabs the hell out of my handles.

From youtube I stumbled onto the fat guy holster from JX tactical and is made for fat guys to appendix carry below the gut line, so I thought I might try this.

Before I plunk down another $75 dollars on a holster I want to see if anyone has any experience with this holster, or can point me to some alternatives similar to it that I may have overlooked.

I am still trying to lose another 10bls or so but my body doesn't want to let go of any further weight. Look forward to your input on this holster or similar AIWB holster options for fat guys with a gut.

For belts I am using the blue alpha gear belts which I really like.

Thanks,
Mav

Here's YT video about it. This guys gut is pretty impressive.
The FAT GUY Holster // How FAT GUYS Appendix Carry
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm far from svelte and I carry a shield in a black arch hybrid iwb at 3-4 o'clock and it disappears.

does look interesting though. But I found its difficult to AIWB with a weapon light, and you need a weapon light. so 4 o'clock it is.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your help
Was hoping more would chime in
Oh well. Going to buy it l guess. If it works out I'll post up more about it here .
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
This is awesome
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Looking forward to your feedback.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Honestly as a heavier set guy who hates uncomfortable things and stuff jabbing my softies, I’ve found that anything kydex is comfortable for about 5 minutes and standing still.

I’ve found that the N8 Tactical holster is the most comfortable and following that would be any of the hybrid holsters on the market.

The N8 takes a bit of getting use to, but on a hot, sweaty day, your handles will thank you as do mine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks like your hand will hit your belt when drawing. I hate that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried AIWB with a bigger gun?
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#8]
What is special about this holster that makes it good for fat guys? It just looks like the kydex version of a summer special that Blade-tech and others have been making for decades.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#9]
@StopTheGD

I know he has one for his G20.4
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Have on in a Glock 20. Great customer service and amazing quality! G2G!

Edit: yes it works for me quite well. Currently at work so when I get on break I’ll read the thread more and update for a better response

Edit 2 better response: so it really does ride lower than the other holsters I’ve tried. Only down side is that it sometimes will pinch the fat upon reholstering  (which is only a minor inconvenience). I definitely recommend giving it a try. It does take some getting used to having your gun literally on top of your dick, but hey it also works as a crotch cup
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top