Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2020 11:37:58 PM EDT
I just bought a Sig P365 last week.   It came with 2 10 round mags and I bought an additional 15 round mag for it but DAMN $49.99 is expensive for 1 damn mag.

I see Pro mag makes mags for the P365--here!

Anyone have any experience with the Pro Mag mags?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Sig mags are the way to go. Search the bay, Gunbroker, and the EE. You will find factory mags for less than retail.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:25:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Friends don't let friends buy promag. (Except maybe their AK mags, trashcan mags for trashcan guns )

Save up for OEM and shop around. I think gunmagwarehouse had 15rd mags for $45-ish when I checked last week. Check gun.deals and wikiarms.com regularly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:12:24 AM EDT
[#3]
If money is an issue, I would gladly take 1 factory mag over 50 pro-mags.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:20:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shadowblade232:
Friends don't let friends buy promag. (Except maybe their AK mags, trashcan mags for trashcan guns )

Save up for OEM and shop around. I think gunmagwarehouse had 15rd mags for $45-ish when I checked last week. Check gun.deals and wikiarms.com regularly.
View Quote

THIS...

Friends don't let friends buy promag

Pro-Mag is usually less than Dog Sh!t...   Seriously, make a mag out of dog sh!t, bake it in your oven, and then compare it for function to a Pro-Mag...   I'd bet that Dog Sh!t wins...
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:29:09 AM EDT
[#5]
No, just no.  Factory mags for pistols.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't put a ProMag in a Hi-point.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:13:29 AM EDT
[#7]
The only non-sig marked mags I would trust are Mec-Gar, because Mec-Gar is one of the OEMs for Sig mags. Wouldn't trust promag unless that was the last option.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:37:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By firepyro515:
The only non-sig marked mags I would trust are Mec-Gar, because Mec-Gar is one of the OEMs for Sig mags. Wouldn't trust promag unless that was the last option.
View Quote

+1 on Mec-Gar.   Mec-Gar actually makes the "factory" magazines for several of the largest & reputable established gun makers.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#9]
OK, I guess Promags are out because I do HATE HATE HATE mags that don't work properly.   I have a Ruger Mark I or II that I don't shoot just becasue I always have issues with the mags...even the damn factory mags...but it was my dads so I don't want to get rid of it.

Thanks for the advice to stay away from Pro Mags.

I do wonder though...why is it so hard for them (pro Mag) to make mags that actually work?   You would think that a big business like that should be easily able to reverse engineer a simple mag and be able to make it work for less money then the OEM becasue I am sure a lot of the $49.99 for the SiG mag is just for the name and fancy packaging.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#10]
The only thing I can recommend about Pro-Mag are the 10/22 conversion rifle housings. They are solid as a rock but I doubt Pro-Mag makes them but are only contracted out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't even toss a Pro Mag in a recycle bin.
I would be disrespecting all the other recycle items.

ETA
$40 if you buy 3+
12rd - $42.99
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Covid-20:
I wouldn't put a ProMag in a Hi-point.
View Quote

Way back, when I was not smart about guns mags, I purchased some Promags for my Para P-12 and they were absolutely terrible, wound not lock in, would drop out after a few rounds....

What I dont understand is the company has got to know they make a crap product....do something about it

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kjk200:
OK, I guess Promags are out because I do HATE HATE HATE mags that don't work properly.   I have a Ruger Mark I or II that I don't shoot just becasue I always have issues with the mags...even the damn factory mags...but it was my dads so I don't want to get rid of it.

Thanks for the advice to stay away from Pro Mags.

I do wonder though...why is it so hard for them (pro Mag) to make mags that actually work?   You would think that a big business like that should be easily able to reverse engineer a simple mag and be able to make it work for less money then the OEM becasue I am sure a lot of the $49.99 for the SiG mag is just for the name and fancy packaging.

View Quote

The mag you are speaking of is a marvel of engineering.   It may look simple to you, but it’s basically a man made miracle, where everything from the springs, to the coatings, to the geometry etc has to go exactly right.    
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:

What I dont understand is the company has got to know they make a crap product....do something about it

View Quote

They make their money on new guys bumbling around looking for a deal on mags.

Link Posted: 6/10/2020 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#15]
UPDATE:  

Thanks for the advice on staying away from the Pro-Mags.    

I was actually able to get another 15 rounder and a 12 rounder for $38.60 from MidwayUSA.com using my "Birthday Discount".  

Now I just have to carry the 365 with the 12 rounder and see if it will conceal as well as the 10 rounder and then find the best way to carry the spare mag!

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Double tap. Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#17]
ProMag is hot trash.

I'd trust ETS over ProMag, and ETS isn't much better...
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Great for malfunction drills, and the extended magazines make great vice blocks
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

THIS...

Pro-Mag is usually less than Dog Sh!t...   Seriously, make a mag out of dog sh!t, bake it in your oven, and then compare it for function to a Pro-Mag...   I'd bet that Dog Sh!t wins...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By shadowblade232:
Friends don't let friends buy promag. (Except maybe their AK mags, trashcan mags for trashcan guns )

Save up for OEM and shop around. I think gunmagwarehouse had 15rd mags for $45-ish when I checked last week. Check gun.deals and wikiarms.com regularly.

THIS...

^^^^^

ProMag metal shapes are only good for things other than feeding ammunition into your firearms.

They are the flagship of gunshow-grade garbage that are better used for sledgehammer practice.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I am considering buying one to remove the spring and follower, fill 3/4 of the way with epoxy and fishing weights, and use for dry fire practice.  Seems a waste to spend $40 on an OEM mag for that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Pro mag is total fucking garbage. I bought several of their shit mags during the assault weapons ban because high cap supply was limited. Never buy their trash again. I would rather have a pile of 10 rounders then anything Pro mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top