Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2022 8:41:10 AM EDT
I now, they're under warranty.  I sent them back because I couldn't see the amber dot model at night anymore and the green dot model was so dim I had to convince myself it really was the green dot.

They sent them back to me with "no repairs needed".  Hey, I know they work great in the daytime or a lab/work room with lights on.  That was not the issue.

So, rather than piss back and forth with Trijicon I figured I'd make them range pistol optics.  

But, then I remembered replacing the worn out tritium vials in an old SUIT optic on one of my AR15's with a tritium vial used for fishing poles (stick it to the end of the pole and in the dark you can see the light bob when a fish starts mouthing your bait).  That worked great.

So, my idea was about replacing the tritium vials/source in a dual illuminated RMR on my own.

Anyone done it?  Anyone take one apart?

No, I'm not sending them back to Trijicon again.  If I can't fix it myself they stay range gun optics.

Thanks for any helpful advice on make repairs to them myself.

If you can't resist making unhelpful comments feel free to vent if it makes you feel better.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be pissed and keep hassling them. It's ridiculous that they think it's fine and are refusing to fulfill the warranty.

Do they care about their reputation or not?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Got some of those little tritium vials off e-bay several years back.

Doesn't look like they're available anymore.  If I can't find some the RMRs will stay on the range guns.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#3]
@M1A4ME  Tearing apart something that small to fix seems like a bad idea to me (but I'm a ham fisted gorilla) with high risk & low reward.  If I was you I'd sell the dual illums & get a normal RMR.  

If you can fix them that'd be pretty cool though; start a thread & post pics please.  I wish Trijicon would do fiber/battery operated optics that would use a small led to light up the fiber on both pistol & rifle sights.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Dual Illuminated RMRs with the Amber Triangle.  It's about a decade old.

These days it is almost useless unless under bright light like sunshine.

Back when I first purchased it from Trijicon, it was... just as useless.  

There is a reason experienced people try to steer folks away from this version of the RMR.  They suck indoors and under anything other then very bright light.  The Tritium is almost worthless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top