Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2020 2:33:54 PM EDT
I bought one years ago second hand because it was cheap. I think I've put 2 mags through it. Doesnt seem like a bad gun. Mags a stupidly expensive. Why aren't they more popular?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two of them.  One I run suppressed in .45 and the other is a .40 and they both have worked just fine for me.  Mags can be expensive but I got lucky and got a great deal on the .40 mags and a decent deal on the .45 mags.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine, also bought cheap a few years ago. Use it as sort of a truck gun (really bike gun).

To me it's a modern HP with DA, decocker, and poly frame.

Mag prices do suck -- I heard once that FNS mags fit it??
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
My first handgun was a FNP-9.

It’s been a solid gun and I trust it with my life. I do enjoy the DA/SA.

FN updated them soon after, which was disappointing; my only gripe is the grip texturing which was greatly improved on the FNX, FNS, and the 509 series that followed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had a FNP40 for years great shooter reliable and accurate. If you got a 40 shoot me a IM about mags.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:51:51 AM EDT
[#5]
What is supposed to be the difference between an FNP-45 and an FNX-45

Seen some for good deals used, especially the FNP-45, been thinking of trying .45  I don't have any plans to suppress or optic it up so non tactical for me

and mags are not interchangeable?

Wondering too how hugely different a grip angle from glocks these are (moderate, tremendous?)
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:42:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought an FNP-Tac when they first came out. I loved it, I wanted to love it. But FN abandoned it, mags were unobtanium, and after 100rds there was no more finish left on the top of the barrel. I was able to get out of it then they launched the FNX.

Fuck FN pistols.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:35:40 AM EDT
[#7]
FNP 40, I picked it up at a great price and it fits my hand very well.

Just hard to find any accessories for it but I use it for a vehicle gun most of the time anyway.

I take it to the range every few months and it's a great shooter, but I shoot an X5 Sig for competition and I added a P365 for carry so the FNP gets neglected now days.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I decided id hang onto it. Midway has fnp mags on sale right now if anyone is interested
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Have a recently retired FNP9.  Its frame is cracked.  I suspect that it happened because it needed a new recoil spring. The thing is that I was looking for a new recoil spring on and off for the past year and a half.  So FN sucks for FNP aftermarket support.  Also, the mag floorplate design sucked.  Otherwise, I really liked the gun.  I'm guestimating that it had between 8k-10k rounds through it. It got replaced with a G19.

Update: It's actually the fire control housing that cracked.  Here's a thread from '07 where more than a few people had the problem. @mk4dubbin

https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnp/2216-fnp-9-trigger-group-crack.html
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Fnfnp tactical in .45- can’t stand the trigger pull, total mush
Wish it were better, I would not have sold it
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an FNP-45. I tend to shoot it slightly better than my HK45C V3 but I don’t have a lot of practice time with either. I like the FNP but am trying to sell it to find other projects.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top