Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2022 9:06:44 PM EDT
I bought a used Hellcat RDP with the factory Wasp.  When I got it, the red dot was dead, which I thought was a bit strange as it's supposed to have a 5000 hour life or such.  Swapped out the battery, worked fine for 2 months, then dead.  New batter (from the same batch) and still working, but it's only been 3 weeks.

Has anyone else had a Wasp that went through batteries much quicker than claimed?  The light seems to have the dimming aspect when I go from bright light to dark, so it's not running full level all the time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Just ordered a Hellcat wasp so in for info....
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I am going on 9 months for the original batteries in my Wasp on an RDP. I use it as my EDC, so it's not like it's sitting in the safe either.

I'd call Springfield and see if they will warranty it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
6 months and no issue..
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered 2 x WASPs direct from SA in early November of 21. On mine the 2nd battery went out last week.  Wife's first battery was out as well.  Called SA customer service and had a return shipping label for them in less than 5 minutes. Talking to the customer service rep, I got the impression that this was not an unknown problem.  Perhaps some bad boards?????  Anyway, waiting on what will probably be two new ones.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, the WASP eats batteries.  I put a brand new one in on 1 Jan, and now it's dead as a doornail, having spent the last two months in the safe, so on the lowest power setting.  

I need to holler at them and send it back - hopefully it's an easy process and I get a working one back.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Welp....installed mine on the Hellcat February 5th.....pulled it out of the safe today and battery is dead. Damn
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered 2 x WASPs direct from SA in early November of 21. On mine the 2nd battery went out last week.  Wife's first battery was out as well.  Called SA customer service and had a return shipping label for them in less than 5 minutes. Talking to the customer service rep, I got the impression that this was not an unknown problem.  Perhaps some bad boards?????  Anyway, waiting on what will probably be two new ones.
View Quote

Received 2 new Wasps from SA yesterday.  I sent the 2 that were eating batteries in o/a 4 Feb and they received them on 7 Feb. So a 6 week turn time.  I'll report back in a few months on how the batteries are doing on these 2 new ones.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I purchased my Hellcat/Wasp the week of Thanksgiving.  Been carrying it daily since the 2nd week of December and battery is still going strong.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Sent mine in, about 3 week turnaround time.  Very good customer service by Springfield.  Haven't mounted it yet (hope I haven't jinxed it and it's dead from the factory!), but will today and then check on how long the battery lasts.

It's my understanding that you should be able to get a year plus use out of one battery, and more if it's kept in the safe so its running at the lowest power use setting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Got a shipping label for mine and they went out Wednesday…..lets hope it doesn't take 6 weeks
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I put the new Wasp on, sighted it in, things were going good, till it quit working.  Seems like a loose connection, as sometimes it's on, sometimes it's not.

So, back (again) it goes.   I realize the Wasp isn't a 500 dollar Trijicon RMR, but I'm 0/2 for ones that work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Got mine back in 24 day’s.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I got right at 10 months on my first battery, currently at 5 months on my 2nd. Mine leaves the house with me every day and stays in the truck while I am at work and the truck is always in full sun if it is out so I doubt it is at the lowest level.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top