Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2018 9:00:22 PM EDT
I've been shooting my g19 with a red dot in carry optics and ended up getting rid of both my limited and open race glocks.

So of course I'm looking for something else to blow money on. That whatever it's called above looks like it might be a cool glock that's not a flock. So I'm wondering if anyone has any experience. For what it's worth I'm not a fan of flat blade glock triggers
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 2:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to see one in person. LGS has some flyers on it but when I asked to see one they didn’t have anything in store. They also weren’t very keen on when they would even see them in the store either. I believe they are coming in 800-900 and supposedly made in Germany without the mim parts of the last gen. I assume they will go under the radar as there are a lot of striker fired guns with good history or pedigrees from big manufacturers for a lot less. The problem is what little info that is out there for them sounds a little ridiculous. I am not sure I could find the place but it was called a itliaian made Russian special forces gun produced in Germany. At that point I just put it in the back of my mind and said when they ship I will take a look again and I don’t think they have yet.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I've only held and dry fired the first of the guns sold by Arsenal. It felt kinda cheap, the trigger was okay, and the bore axis looks a little lower, but it's nothing ground breaking. If they could sell them for five to six hundred instead of eight or nine it might be worth it. They're competing in a very crowded market.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 4:07:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've only held and dry fired the first of the guns sold by Arsenal. It felt kinda cheap, the trigger was okay, and the bore axis looks a little lower, but it's nothing ground breaking. If they could sell them for five to six hundred instead of eight or nine it might be worth it. They're competing in a very crowded market.
View Quote
Well, dang. It does look pretty blocky.

Maybe I'll hold out for the glock 46
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well, dang. It does look pretty blocky.

Maybe I'll hold out for the glock 46
View Quote
What about the gun attracts you?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I shot the Arsenal Strike 1 and loved it. It was a great shooting fullsize pistol. I say fullsize because it was by no means small, which was nice for my big paws.

I definitely wanted one, but didn't like the rear sight being part of the slide plate at the rear. There was an option with the sight cut machined into the slide but I never got my hands on one.

At the NRAAM I had a good talk with the STRYK guys and will give the STRYK A a good look when their import starts. The STRYK pistols feel better in hand compared to the original STRIKE versions.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I really want one of these.

Anyone know if they have been released for sale?
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#7]
No one??
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Not yet.  Expect $800+.  I like the low bore line.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you like the low bore, check the steyr L9-A1. Just picked up another today. Awesome gun with a low bore
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you like the low bore, check the steyr L9-A1. Just picked up another today. Awesome gun with a low bore
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Steyrs are great guns.  Owned one in 9mm; still have an M40.

Any news on the stryk pistol?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry "Archon" pistols, now made in GERMANY by RUAG - and allegedly available "end of August" (today is the last day of August):

https://www.rain6.com/archon-type-b

We will soon see if the guns are actually available as forecast, or if there's going to be yet another delay (hope it's the former; seems like a great design).
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Vapor ware.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Haven’t seen or heard anything. Also can’t find it for sale anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#14]

@cj3waker
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:07:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like Tim had some light strike issues with both types of ammo.  Hope it's not indicative of a major problem.  That really is a nice looking pistol.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#16]
How long has this thing been “coming soon” now?
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks like Tim had some light strike issues with both types of ammo.  Hope it's not indicative of a major problem.  That really is a nice looking pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Tim is an honest guy.

As far as Fiocci ammo, it's primers are as hard or harder than CCIs (ie - really stinkin hard!).

The weird thing is:  Federal primers are - by far - the easiest to set off (and the gun had one light strike with Federal, although it was super hot at that point).

Interesting to see what happens when Tim tries out the 2nd gun he mentioned in the video.

Also - the gun comes with FOUR (4) magazines!  It is a designated competition gun.  The trigger is built for combat pistol competition.  I only use Federal primers in my guns with tuned competition triggers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Tim is an honest guy.

As far as Fiocci ammo, it's primers are as hard or harder than CCIs (ie - really stinkin hard!).

The weird thing is:  Federal primers are - by far - the easiest to set off (and the gun had one light strike with Federal, although it was super hot at that point).

Interesting to see what happens when Tim tries out the 2nd gun he mentioned in the video.

Also - the gun comes with FOUR (4) magazines!  It is a designated competition gun.  The trigger is built for combat pistol competition.  I only use Federal primers in my guns with tuned competition triggers.  
View Quote
Agree 100%.  Tim, Mrgunsandgear and Honest Outlaw are really the only Youtubers I pay much attention to.

The only Fiocci I have ever shot was 300 Blk and I had to send it back after only 10 rounds.  So hot I lost 8 primers of the 10 rounds fired. .  I have never tried it again.

I always wanted one of the original Stryke One guns.   Maybe if this one pans out and becomes more available and proves to be reliable I can add it to the collection.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I really want to like this gun.  Everything about the design seems like it win big in competition.

But there seems to be a flaw with the current batch:  another reviewer encountered light strikes (even with Federal ammo he tried):

Archon Type B 9mm Pistol: What A Disappointment
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Tim is an honest guy.

View Quote
You are 100% right! Fiocci uses super hard primers. Federal primers are the absolute softest and most reliable primers made! I own two custom revolvers in 38/357 that have insane trigger jobs and were made to only function 100% with ammo using Federal primers. Any other primers would not be totally reliable. In those guns Fiocci and Magsafe ammo would touch off about 50% of the time. Federal has never failed once in those guns. Speer ammo seems to use Federal primers as well. Same owner.

SO if you a gun and you are getting light strikes with Federal ammo, there is DEFINITELY a problem with the gun. Though I have no doubt in this case they will work it out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Tracking one down until the light primer issues came about.  Wait and see...
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What about the gun attracts you?
View Quote
@kwisak

glock 19 with what gen 5 ergos minus the stupid front cut out, and the radial action vs browning title might make it shoot even flatter, plus maybe allow for an ultralight suppressor without a booster?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Here is  the MAC Channel gauntlet test on it.  Did really well.

Archon Type B Gauntlet Test!
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:04:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Called Archon, more coming in this month.  They only have four back with light primer strikes.  They are evaluating those.  Guns have lifetime warranty.  Many more being shipped and made overseas without issue.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#25]
UPDATE:

Problem solved / some Type B pistols had no issues:

Arsenal Archon Type B - Light Primer Strike Update

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4NPUrOeaZZo
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I handled an Archon yesterday.  Ergonomic improvement on the Strike One.  Trigger guard was large enough not to crowd my finger.  Good sights and trigger pulll. I didn’t like the large basepad that forms part of the grip, those designs seem to be Pinch City with fast reloads.  Pass for me at $800.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Bump for anyone who has bought one, shot one, or noticed any showing up at a local match.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#28]
A friend of mine has one that I got to handle, but not shoot.

I have small/medium sized hands and liked how it felt. The trigger was pretty good from what I could tell by dry firing.

He put 100 - 150 rounds through it in his initial range session w/no issues. I don't recall what ammo.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 1:13:35 AM EDT
[#29]
800 seems a little crazy.

I think I'll spend half on a blue label G45
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Bumping this back up to see if anyone else has bought/shot one of these recently.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:29:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Let's not let this thread die.

Plus, there must be someone out there who's recently picked one of these up.

What'd you think of the gun so far?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Just picked one up yestereday at my local archon dealer. i bought the last one they had, hoping to put some rounds thru it and report when i get back home from the holidays.
so far the fit and finish are superb, i really like the round steel mag release and flat aluminum trigger.  Ergonomics are really good as well, remind me of a CZ . i am really looking forward to putting a couple of hundred rounds thru it and see if the "hype" is real! i hope so because it was not a cheap purchase

Link Posted: 1/2/2019 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Thanks - that is a really sharp looking pistol!

Good photography too; the European "CIP" marks are crystal clear.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Just encountered one of these at the range.

For the first time in my life, I have interest in a striker-fired gun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Was it a range rental? If so, where in TX are you? What range?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Was it a range rental? If so, where in TX are you? What range?
View Quote
No.  Just a guy that was there shooting one.  He came over to ask me about my suppressor and I noticed he was shooting something weird I'd never seen before.

First I wrote it off as those one of those stupid "custom glocks" retards are paying 2k + for but then got a closer look at it and checked it out, did some research when I got home.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just picked one up yestereday at my local archon dealer. i bought the last one they had, hoping to put some rounds thru it and report when i get back home from the holidays.
so far the fit and finish are superb, i really like the round steel mag release and flat aluminum trigger.  Ergonomics are really good as well, remind me of a CZ . i am really looking forward to putting a couple of hundred rounds thru it and see if the "hype" is real! i hope so because it was not a cheap purchase

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g439/josephgzalez/2ebcdb50-7568-4653-a452-c0959687a1d0.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g439/josephgzalez/IMG_3878.jpg
View Quote
Very nice looking pistol. Hows it shooting? How is the grip texture?
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 3:12:53 AM EDT
[#38]
I recently purchased one for $735 shipped and the FFL threw in a IWB holster by Geronimo kit hoster.  Not a bad deal~  Can't wait until it arrives at my FFL, sending it soon to Rain6 to do an optic cut, upgrade the trigger springs to make it 4lbs pull for competition, sadly Rain6 only recommends to use the Shield RMSc :( the Trijicon RMR tends to hang quite a bit.  Looking to get the new Shield RMSw, which is a ruggedized optic, waterproof, more solidly built.

I fell in love with the pistol after renting one at my LGS ranges and wow, I was "EXTREMELY" impressed super flat shooting, super fast shooting, handles great, awesome ergos, feels like your shooting a .22 caliber.  Man what a great firearm and it will be used for USPSA competitive sports shooting.  I got lucky at $735 pricing out the door, shipped also a holster~  Can't beat that!  I want to post photos but somehow I'm having issues uploading them~ :(
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I recently picked up two of these pistols...both in the mid-3,000s S/N range. Between the two of them, I have about 1000rds fired. Not a high round count by any means, but enough to get a feel for how I like the design.

PROBLEMS:

No light primer strikes. No stoppages of any kind. Caveat, I've only run two types of ammo through them: Critical Duty and Blazer Brass.

The trigger does get warm after a few hundred rounds fired. However, it was never hot enough to actually burn my finger. The grip texture is very aggressive and does cause some soreness after extended firing with bare hands.

SHOOTING IMPRESSIONS

I was able to shoot this as accurately as any pistol I've owned. I'm not sure if its the sights or the flat faced trigger, but I was extremely pleased with how easy it was to shoot out of the box. With my Glocks, I generally have to be very cognizant of my trigger control and finger placement in order to avoid pushing rounds left. But with the Type B, I was putting one hole groups together at POA with very minimal effort. Similar to a 1911 in that regard, even through the trigger isn't as light or crisp.

The undercut trigger guard is really nice, and allows you to take full advantage of the low bore axis. I don't actually think this gun has much lower bore axis than a Glock, but the undercut trigger guard is the real difference between the two IMO. There is recoil, which I would characterize as faster and sharper than my G17...but less forceful (not sure if that makes sense). After firing, the sights just seem to line straight back up where they were with no effort.

I've seen some reviews and advertisements, where this gun is described as G19-sized. I would say that's misleading. The gun is sized somewhere in between a G17 and G19. Probably closer to a G17. I've also seen it described as "fat" because the factory specs state width is something like 1.33''. That is also misleading, because that measurement is taken from the small cage on the frame that prevents accidental mag releases. The actual slide width might be narrower than my G17. It appears very close to the naked eye.

DISASSEMBLY

I haven't tried to disassemble the frame yet. But it appears that it only requires removing two roll pins to get the serialized steel chassis out of the plastic grip shell. Seems similar to alot of the latest "modular" striker guns. Although I've read that the Type B's chassis is actually milled from a solid block of steel as opposed to being a piece of stamped metal like the P320. It also has full length frame rails as opposed to the four small tabs on the P320 chassis.

The slide comes apart extremely easily for cleaning the firing pin and extractor channels. Its an interesting design, unlike any other striker gun I've had. The firing pin spring is actually nested in a separate tube in the slide. It doesn't sit around the striker itself. Additionally, the firing pin safety rotates on a horizontal axis as opposed to the plunger design that most striker guns seem to have.

OTHER THOUGHTS

The sights are cut for Glock sights, which is a nice touch IMO. It also comes with four mags, which helps make the $850 price tag a little more bearable. It also comes with a nice, quality carry case which I could take or leave.

Overall I'm a fan so far. I'm not sure the price tag is justified. Hopefully price will come down as they recoup alot of the initial investment costs. The gun does appear to be well made. All of the parts appear to be well-machined and nicely finished. Nothing about it feels "cheap". Mags are high quality Mec Gar. I believe the finish is black nitride of some sort. I think the gun would be most appropriately priced somewhere around $650 as opposed to $850. Maybe $700 with the fact that four mags are included. Biggest advantages over the Glock IMO is the improved recoil system, quality sights out of the box, replaceable grip shell (for the stipplers out there). Biggest downsides are price, lack of available holsters, and lack of track record.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top