Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2022 4:33:07 PM EDT
I just found one listed for $160.

Never heard of them but it looks decent.

Any help be welcome.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It goes boom.  Pretty much every time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I worked at the LGS for several years and sold a lot to them.  Nothing fancy, but generally reliable.  We sent one back for warranty repairs on the fire control.  SCCY replaced all the internals and returned the gun in 7 days!
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 7:32:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mudholestomper] [#3]
The only thing worse than that gun is a hipoint. And only just barely.

Have some dignity and sense and save up $300 for a Gen 1 Shield.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:43:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lin1958] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

View Quote

Haha.

Already got G21 and Beretta 92f.

Usually most ppl who trash Hi Point never even shot one.

Seen ppl trash Phoenix Arms .22lr Pot Metal with 12
safeties. Yet it is more reliable than Glock 44.

Thanks for the reply though.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Longlegs:
View Quote

And that is all that matters in the long run.

TY for the reply
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Fbuckshot:
I worked at the LGS for several years and sold a lot to them.  Nothing fancy, but generally reliable.  We sent one back for warranty repairs on the fire control.  SCCY replaced all the internals and returned the gun in 7 days!
View Quote

Thank you for this information. It Really helps especially since you actually seen quite a few.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry mine every day.

Every time I pull the trigger, it goes bang.

The frame roll pins tend to walk out during long range sessions, but they can be tapped back in easily.

Trigger pull is looooooooong.

It's a tool, not a showpiece.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 7:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#8]

View Quote

The HiPoints likely have a better trigger.  OP, I'd suggest a Taurus G2C or 3C in that ballpark, if only b/c you can run high quality SIG P226 mags.  The SCCY is cheap, but the mag is an orphan.  Or the HiPoint, at least you can get a carbine that runs the same mags.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 4:40:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#9]
They are a decent gun for the money and I thought about getting one for a vehicle gun, but the grip/frame is pretty big/large. They have a similar feel/trigger mechanism to the Kel Tec guns but are a little more refined on the outside. Buds Guns has them nib for only $190 shipped and they have a rebate so it comes out to $160 new afterwords.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 2:06:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm thinking about getting some sort of sccy just because of the rebate. I've got a store near me that sells them real cheap anyways. I mean it'd be dirt cheap after the rebate.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 3:24:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I've  never had it jam , the trigger is super long on the reset is dog shit.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 4:11:33 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

lol

Link Posted: 12/4/2022 11:48:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one last year. Could not get it to run on FMJ. Then the trigger went dead.  Bought it from Academy.  I had vídeo where I would pull the trigger and the hammer would hang and a second later drop.  Not too inspiring.  
I will give SCCY this.  They are top notch customer service. They answered the phone.  No auto machine. The guy that helped me was awesome.  Sent them the videos of the malfunctions.
They sent it back to me in a week.  Still would not feed 115,124 round nose FMJ.  Would not feed 115 JHP or 147 Ranger T.
I was disappointed.  I will admit.  It was extremely accurate when it worked.   The magazines also leave a little to be desired.  I know they make theirs in house but I wonder if Mec-Gar magazines would solve the problem. Great warranty too
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Get the striker fired version if you can much better trigger. The double action trigger will take some time to master. They have a good lifetime warranty too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 4:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11C1P] [#15]
Originally Posted By Lin1958:

Haha.

View Quote

Yeah, I have a Hi-Point carbine in 40 cal which I love & the whole family does.  I have 2 pistols (40 & 380), & while they function fine & are reasonably accurate, I wouldn't want to carry one, very heavy & unbalanced.  My only knock on the carbine is the mag capacity.  If they had more capacity (especially if they accepted Glock mags) I'd buy a couple more & would really like to get one in 10mm.  I also had a Phoenix arms, but sold it many years ago, worked fine, but was more finnicky than my Hi-points.  I don't have a Glock 44 but I've heard they are a bit more hit & miss with what they like to eat.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 11C1P:

Yeah, I have a Hi-Point carbine in 40 cal which I love & the whole family does.  I have 2 pistols (40 & 380), & while they function fine & are reasonably accurate, I wouldn't want to carry one, very heavy & unbalanced.  My only knock on the carbine is the mag capacity.  If they had more capacity (especially if they accepted Glock mags) I'd buy a couple more & would really like to get one in 10mm.  I also had a Phoenix arms, but sold it many years ago, worked fine, but was more finnicky than my Hi-points.  I don't have a Glock 44 but I've heard they are a bit more hit & miss with what they like to eat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lin1958:  Haha.

ProMag makes 15 round mags in .40 S&W for the 4095 & JCP.  I just sold a customer 4 of em, I'll post up if he has any trouble w/ em.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

ProMag makes 15 round mags in .40 S&W for the 4095 & JCP.  I just sold a customer 4 of em, I'll post up if he has any trouble w/ em.
View Quote

Yes, I have 2 & as it still is a single stack it sticks out about a foot past the bottom of the grip, hence why it would be great if it took Glock mags (those are double stacked).  I could get 16 rounds out of an ETS mag that still fits in the grip, or if I did get a stendo that sticks out a foot like some retarded wannabe gangsta, then I'd get one that holds 32 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Yes, I have 2 & as it still is a single stack it sticks out about a foot past the bottom of the grip, hence why it would be great if it took Glock mags (those are double stacked).  I could get 16 rounds out of an ETS mag that still fits in the grip, or if I did get a stendo that sticks out a foot like some retarded wannabe gangsta, then I'd get one that holds 32 rounds.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  ProMag makes 15 round mags in .40 S&W for the 4095 & JCP.  I just sold a customer 4 of em, I'll post up if he has any trouble w/ em.

It is extremely unlikely HiPoint would significantly revise their design to take Glock mags when they're already selling everything they can make.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 7:28:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#19]

TY for the reply
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Longlegs:

TY for the reply

Mine jammed, constantly.
Sent it back for warranty, they were good about that.
New Internals, and it still jammed.

I wanted to like it.

Also the front sight is a joke. It was a pressed in piece of plastic that flew off on the same range trip. I think I modified a glock front sight to work

IIRC I lost both my front and rear sight on that range trip
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

It is extremely unlikely HiPoint would significantly revise their design to take Glock mags when they're already selling everything they can make.
View Quote

Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's not a ding in the "cons" column.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  It is extremely unlikely HiPoint would significantly revise their design to take Glock mags when they're already selling everything they can make.

Sure.  I'll posit the SUB-2000, the Ruger, the Beretta, and AR-9s are more functional PCCs, but at significantly higher cost.  Now shop for a .45 ACP carbine - very few others on the market, again, at a much higher price.  Now step up to 10x25mm Norma.  There's a handful of much more expensive competitors.  Now find a .380 ACP carbine...
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#22]
The early ones (mine included) came with bad magazines that caused constant malfunctions. SCCY quickly replaced them and it ran great ever since.  I suspect much of the hate is from those who got bad mags, immediately blamed the gun because they are inexpensive, gave up on it and have bashed them ever since.  For sure there were legitimate turd guns that were sold (like every brand) but the magazine issue was a big part of the current bad reputation.

They have a heavy DAO trigger which makes accuracy difficult for anyone who's not learned to shoot DA (that's most people today).  If you can shoot DA well it's no problem but let's face it, lighter triggers are more popular for a reason so there's that.  

They make good back up guns, tackle box guns and stuff like that.  There are better options for a primary carry gun but it's not a terrible choice if it's all you have.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I have seen more of the SCCY's go back for service than anything else. Well maybe turkish shotguns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top