Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2020 11:53:44 AM EDT
If so, how do you like it? Any drawbacks?

Thinking about getting one for the wife, but I can’t find any around here to try out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
@SSST

I've shot a full sized LEM P30, l liked how it shot.  LEM seemed a little different than what I'm used to (DA/SA, and Striker fired), but I could certainly get used to it.  P30s are nice though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If so, how do you like it? Any drawbacks?

Thinking about getting one for the wife, but I can’t find any around here to try out.
View Quote
I recently acquired one and so far so good although to be fair I've only shot it once and carried it a few times. The main drawbacks I see are (1) it's a little thick and heavy, relatively speaking, and (2) the constant voice in my head telling me to send it to LWG for some wallet-lightening work. On the other hand, the compatibility with P30/VP9 mags is really convenient, especially for range time.

As far as the LEM, you really need to try it to know what it's like. If you're in Louisville, I'd be happy to meet you at Louisville Armory sometime and let you and/or your wife try it out - just PM me and we'll figure out the details.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I recently acquired one and so far so good although to be fair I've only shot it once and carried it a few times. The main drawbacks I see are (1) it's a little thick and heavy, relatively speaking, and (2) the constant voice in my head telling me to send it to LWG for some wallet-lightening work. On the other hand, the compatibility with P30/VP9 mags is really convenient, especially for range time.

As far as the LEM, you really need to try it to know what it's like. If you're in Louisville, I'd be happy to meet you at Louisville Armory sometime and let you and/or your wife try it out - just PM me and we'll figure out the details.
View Quote
I appreciate the offer. Although we will probably make a decision before the next time we are in Louisville.

The weight and thickness are concerns for me. I’m trying to find the sweet spot between capacity and concealment. I have a VP9 and VP9SK, both of which she likes, but I can tell she’s not completely comfortable with a striker action yet, so I thought LEM might be a good option.

I’ve thought about a Walther PP2MS for her. But then we’re back to striker with even less capacity and no mag commonality between us.

Decisions.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a PPS M1 and the trigger was pretty terrible compared to the PPQ M1, VP9, and my LEM pistols. The PPS is really small, though.

The P30SK slide is a bit shorter than the VP9SK but it's marginally wider and heavier overall. The LEM trigger is *sort of* striker-like in feel but not exactly so it's hard to say whether she would like it or not. There is also the P200SK v2 with LEM.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#5]
My first Hk was vp9. Which I feel is a great transition from Glocks. I recently bought a p30sk with lem. Just dry firing I wasn’t sure about it. It’s so light up to the break. After a couple mags to get the hang of it I really like it. I take comfort in riding the hammer down as I re holster for extra safety.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both the P30sk and VP9sk.  Love them both, and they are essentially the same size, same manual of arms.  The lem trigger takes more dedicated range time for me to be accurate vs the VP.  When I plan on carrying it I try to get some range time with it.  My P30 will go to my kids as a first carry gun.  Between the external hammer and lem trigger I feel it offers the best chance to eliminate an ND for a new shooter.  Of all my pistols the P30sk is the one I trust most to go bang every time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have both the P30sk and VP9sk.  Love them both, and they are essentially the same size, same manual of arms.  The lem trigger takes more dedicated range time for me to be accurate vs the VP.  When I plan on carrying it I try to get some range time with it.  My P30 will go to my kids as a first carry gun.  Between the external hammer and lem trigger I feel it offers the best chance to eliminate an ND for a new shooter.  Of all my pistols the P30sk is the one I trust most to go bang every time.
View Quote
Interesting. Why so?
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Got one on trade for a S&W442.  Hated the LEM trigger.  Flipped it with the quickness.  Never again.  LEM is garbage unless you like a mile long takeup with no weight or feel to it.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got one on trade for a S&W442.  Hated the LEM trigger.  Flipped it with the quickness.  Never again.  LEM is garbage unless you like a mile long takeup with no weight or feel to it.  
View Quote
Regular LEM is super long. Match hybrid LEM is awesome with about a 1mm reset. Trigger on mine breaks at 4.5lbs and is super smooth.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top