Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2024 5:37:28 PM EDT
Been waiting for one of these for a long time.  Anyone get their mitts on one yet?  How are they?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Put 250 rounds of various types through mine today. It was 100% reliable as expected. Mags were initially a bear to load on the 10th round but they are getting better.

I don't have any previous gen 30 models to compare but the trigger was OK. I honestly don't see much improvement in gen 5 triggers but to each their own.

I wear an xl glove but found the grip very comfortable with no backstrap attached.

I shoot a decent bit of .45 but the recoil impulse on this little guy was surprising. Some combination of the grip shape and recoil spring made for a very comfortable gun to shoot. Kind of makes me want the 10mm. Actually prefer it to my 21.

The online reviews lament the lack of an optics cut but I don't miss it. Reddots on pistols might be better in every way imaginable - I don't have the energy to argue - but they drive me nuts.

Still working on finding a holster I like.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the mini review.  I’m heading to a local shop today and will pick one up if they’re in stock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
hard to justify it even though I am eligible for blue label.  Like new 30s police trade ins are like 350.  Maybe if I could get 350 for my 30s (I do like the s models more, but i would like to ditch the finger grooves).
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ajacobs:
hard to justify it even though I am eligible for blue label.  Like new 30s police trade ins are like 350.  Maybe if I could get 350 for my 30s (I do like the s models more, but i would like to ditch the finger grooves).
View Quote
@ajacobs, Link to $350 police trade in 30S pistols?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:30:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ajacobs] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SmokeEater2:
@ajacobs, Link to $350 police trade in 30S pistols?
View Quote
I will list mine in the equipment exchange if you want it.  My local Blue Label Distributer doesnt' really have an online presence but sells some stuff through gunbroker. Last I was there he had a couple hundred .40 calls for 249-299, gen 5 glock 19's for 399 So far from a deal although the one I looked at was minty and had night sights, glock 21's but I don't recall the price, 40 cal 320's and tons of sig 22x pistols that I didnt bother to look at.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#6]
MY 30 G5 Is my first G30.  I have a few hundred rounds through it so far and it has been fine.  The trigger guard hits my middle finger knuckle a little bit, but it is bearable.  For some reason it is a little less comfortable than by 29G4 with full power loads.  Not sure why.
I picked mine up from the LGS a little before they were announced at shot show.  The 10 rd mags are really tight, to the point where I can't seat it with 10+1 easily.  Not sure if this is a G30 norm or not.  
It's definitely not as soft shooting as my 21G4, but it isn't too far off.  Very accurate with everything I have shot through it.  Don't regret the purchase, but I'm not sure if I will keep it long term.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top