Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2020 5:20:42 PM EDT
Picked one up on a wim. If anyone wants one Sportsmanswarehouse.com has them in stock and will ship for free to your local Sportsmans.
Trigger is great. Sights are ok. The  duel springs inside the site pushes one side up slightly higher than the other making it kind of crooked. Tons of tooling marks inside the slide.
But my biggest gripe is the stupid side safety blocks the slide release.  I’m a competitive shooter and I use a stock 92FS and Wilson combat. I love the frame decocker and type G on the Wilson. Don’t know why they decided not to put the safety where it belongs on the slide. Maybe I need to shoot more with it but my reloads are slow now. Anyone else have experience or advice with this gun?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
When you decide to get rid of it, let me know...
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you decide to get rid of it, let me know...
View Quote
Maybe. For me the Wilson is much faster and trigger is about the same.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think anyone has been real impressed with 'em.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine is a GR8 shooter, but the slide stop / release inaccessibility is a biggie. Here's an excerpt from another site I use, none are show stoppers but for the money I think they should have been a bit better thought out and executed.

The button release on the take down lever is scratchy, unlike my many other Beretta's I own or have owned which were like pressing a lubricated glass piston into a glass cylinder.

After the take down lever is forward, the slide stopped dead in its tracks halfway down the rails. I had to give it a forceful bump with my palm to get it off.  
Note: Beretta says this is normal due to the tight tolerances of the X'Perf and only occurs on some pistols. They thought it would self correct itself over time and was not worth their reviewing the issue.

The slide serrations are vertical, unlike my other Berettas which have a slight forward rake. The vertical rake is uncomfortable for me.

The trigger is serrated... I have not had a trigger with serrations on it since I shot bullseye, and I do not like it. At some point I'll either replace the trigger, or grind this one smooth.

It has one major flaw... that being with the safety down, and the slide locked back, the only way to drop the slide is with the LEFT hand thumb. There may be some shooters with a snake like right hand thumb that can manage it, but IMO this wide safety on the left side is a total blunder and about the biggest blaring fault in the X'perf.

The safety also has an odd "feature" With the hammer down fully (or at half cock) the safety can be engaged. Why? As some sort of lawyer imposed safety? I always "thought" that DA mode was a sufficient level of safety. I'd rather have a mag presence safety like a S&W, then at least if someone were trying to get the gun out of my hands I could permanently rather than temporarily disable it. Better still, a (shudder) Taurus decocker built into the safety :-)

Quote off...

After shooting several boxes through it I find that the silly rail bites /scratches me when I rack the slide from underneath it. A rail on such a largish heavier handgun and hanging a doodad light or laser on it seems like putting a ginormous fat guy on a small donkey.

The X'Perf shot like a dream and it should, the weight of an all steel 9 makes that more likely than not. All the issues above are all nits but design committee's and marketers and attorneys are (IMO) designing guns nowadays so I can't expect different.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mine is a GR8 shooter, but the slide stop / release inaccessibility is a biggie. Here's an excerpt from another site I use, none are show stoppers but for the money I think they should have been a bit better thought out and executed.

The button release on the take down lever is scratchy, unlike my many other Beretta's I own or have owned which were like pressing a lubricated glass piston into a glass cylinder.

After the take down lever is forward, the slide stopped dead in its tracks halfway down the rails. I had to give it a forceful bump with my palm to get it off.  
Note: Beretta says this is normal due to the tight tolerances of the X'Perf and only occurs on some pistols. They thought it would self correct itself over time and was not worth their reviewing the issue.

The slide serrations are vertical, unlike my other Berettas which have a slight forward rake. The vertical rake is uncomfortable for me.

The trigger is serrated... I have not had a trigger with serrations on it since I shot bullseye, and I do not like it. At some point I'll either replace the trigger, or grind this one smooth.

It has one major flaw... that being with the safety down, and the slide locked back, the only way to drop the slide is with the LEFT hand thumb. There may be some shooters with a snake like right hand thumb that can manage it, but IMO this wide safety on the left side is a total blunder and about the biggest blaring fault in the X'perf.

The safety also has an odd "feature" With the hammer down fully (or at half cock) the safety can be engaged. Why? As some sort of lawyer imposed safety? I always "thought" that DA mode was a sufficient level of safety. I'd rather have a mag presence safety like a S&W, then at least if someone were trying to get the gun out of my hands I could permanently rather than temporarily disable it. Better still, a (shudder) Taurus decocker built into the safety :-)

Quote off...

After shooting several boxes through it I find that the silly rail bites /scratches me when I rack the slide from underneath it. A rail on such a largish heavier handgun and hanging a doodad light or laser on it seems like putting a ginormous fat guy on a small donkey.

The X'Perf shot like a dream and it should, the weight of an all steel 9 makes that more likely than not. All the issues above are all nits but design committee's and marketers and attorneys are (IMO) designing guns nowadays so I can't expect different.
View Quote
I agree. I need to find a standard take down lever for it. The petal style is retarded and If I could find a smaller safety it would be perfect I think.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Beretta quality has been less than stellar lately. I should have learned my lesson with my M9A3 that had tooling marks. The first M9A3 I ordered went back to the distributor due to scuff marks and too many tooling marks. About a year or so later I ordered a 92X Performance, both my FFL and I had been shocked at the shoddy workmanship. I refused delivery and it went back to the distributor. I will never buy another Italian firearm again. I've had to send a EAA Witness back THREE TIMES. The M9A3 was sent back and I gave up on the 92X Performance for a full refund.

Normally I always suggest quality makers such as Dan Wesson but if someone was looking to buy a 92X Performance, I'd tell them to get a Taurus PT92 and put in a match barrel...and I'm not joking.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got back from the range. Put 250 rounds of federal 115 though it. Shot great. Only had to click the rear site up one click to get it zeroed.
I think if it had a smaller safety it would be a lot better. Hard to reach the slide release.
30 round extendos makes it a real heavy bitch.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Beretta quality has been less than stellar lately. I should have learned my lesson with my M9A3 that had tooling marks. The first M9A3 I ordered went back to the distributor due to scuff marks and too many tooling marks. About a year or so later I ordered a 92X Performance, both my FFL and I had been shocked at the shoddy workmanship. I refused delivery and it went back to the distributor. I will never buy another Italian firearm again. I've had to send a EAA Witness back THREE TIMES. The M9A3 was sent back and I gave up on the 92X Performance for a full refund.

Normally I always suggest quality makers such as Dan Wesson but if someone was looking to buy a 92X Performance, I'd tell them to get a Taurus PT92 and put in a match barrel...and I'm not joking.
View Quote
In my Beretta experience the Italian models are better built than the American models
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Out of stock at sportsman :(
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Out of stock at sportsman :(
View Quote
4 sure, some well heeled cats are paying dealer premiums well over MSRP. Till the pre-release orders are satisfied, expect to see few in the wild.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top