Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2020 12:07:53 PM EDT
I have a weird itch for a four inch .32 H&R.   They’re not that common and a lot of them were made with ladysmith marked sideplates.  

I was thinking to myself that sending one back to s&w for a new side plate might be somewhat easier than buying hens teeth .32s.

Edited, as there was a bunch of gibberish instead of smith and Wesson.  No wonder some folks didn’t catch that I would send it to the factory for the side plate.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would you replace the sideplate? Just so it doesn't say lady on it? I buy guns I want and shoot them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a 2 inch 432 PD on gunbroker right now. FYI.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Smith and Wesson revolvers are not erector sets like AR-15s, you don't just pull off one part and bolt on another.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a 2 inch 432 PD on gunbroker right now. FYI.
View Quote

Well cool.  He'd go from changing a side plate to replacing a barrel to get the length he specifically stated he wanted.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Leave it alone. Not all side plates are the same dimensions. They are hand fit from the factory.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a weird itch for a four inch .32 H&R.   They’re not that common and a lot of them were made with ladysmith marked sideplates.  

I was thinking to myself that sending a back to s it’s for a new side plate might be somewhat easier than buying hens teeth .32s.
View Quote

Lady Smiths generally have a frosted finish. Also, sideplates are not drop-in parts.

What's wrong with the gun saying LadySmith on the side? Are you afraid the fellas will make fun of you and call you a girl?

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lady Smiths generally have a frosted finish. Also, sideplates are not drop-in parts.

What's wrong with the gun saying LadySmith on the side? Are you afraid the fellas will make fun of you and call you a girl?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking to myself that sending a back to s it’s for a new side plate might be somewhat easier than buying hens teeth .32s.

Well if two stainless 4” guns in .32 H&R were sitting side by side I would grab the non chick one.  That said if I saw a LS at a bargain price I would fo.
I could tell people it was my grandma’s and I am keeping it for when the right woman comes along.

I would certainly have the factory fit a plate if it wasn’t stupidly cost prohibitive.  

Just thinking out loud.  

The old model 16 4” gun’s are stupid money.

Not really looking for a snub size, just a range toy and field carry gun.  I really have zero need, I have at least five 357s.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Need a special run of Lew Horton .32s.

Yea I know LH is defunct.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well if two stainless 4” guns in .32 H&R were sitting side by side I would grab the non chick one.  That said if I saw a LS at a bargain price I would fo.
I could tell people it was my grandma’s and I am keeping it for when the right woman comes along.
View Quote

The boys are more likely to give you grief over using a .32 than they will over the LadySmith logo.

FWIW, I get it. The .32 is a cool little caliber. I have a S&W 31 in .32 Long with a 2" barrel. Neat gun.

As for the Ladysmith, there were a couple of configurations that can almost only be found as a LS model . . . . AFAIK, the only way to get a 3-inch Model 65 with a ejector rod shroud (like a M66) is to buy a 65LS. They also made a 3-inch Model 60 Ladysmith (an unusual configuration for a M60). If you want a Model 3913 auto without an ambi safety the LadySmith is one way to get it (though they did make some non-LS 3913 that were slabsided on the right but they're not all that common).
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#11]
It’s the diminutive bore that makes it fun.  Prefer 70-90’s Classic looks to the thirties vintage look you get with .32 long or .32-20.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The boys are more likely to give you grief over using a .32 than they will over the LadySmith logo.

FWIW, I get it. The .32 is a cool little caliber. I have a S&W 31 in .32 Long with a 2" barrel. Neat gun.
'
As for the Ladysmith, there were a couple of configurations that can almost only be found as a LS model . . . . AFAIK, the only way to get a 3-inch Model 65 with a ejector rod shroud (like a M66) is to buy a 65LS. They also made a 3-inch Model 60 Ladysmith (an unusual configuration for a M60). If you want a Model 3913 auto without an ambi safety the LadySmith is one way to get it (though they did make some non-LS 3913 that were slabsided on the right but they're not all that common).
View Quote

I had one of the LS Model 65s.  When I carried it, I figured that if I shot someone with it, I'd show them the logo, so they'd know they were shot with a girly gun.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I had one of the LS Model 65s.  When I carried it, I figured that if I shot someone with it, I'd show them the logo, so they'd know they were shot with a girly gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Just FYI yesterday I was quoted a 6 month turnaround for a new side plate on a 442. I imagine it would be same for your lady smith
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top