Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2024 9:21:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kokopelli]
Does Antoine or anyone else have knowledge in what the new Colt will be putting out in the near future?

I’m wondering if the XSE line will return, specifically, or something equivalent.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By kokopelli:
Does Antoine have knowledge in what the new Colt will be putting out in the near future?

I’m wondering if the XSE line will return, specifically, or something equivalent.
View Quote

Don't know who Antoine is, but the Competition series pretty much IS the XSE line.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:

Don't know who Antoine is, but the Competition series pretty much IS the XSE line.
View Quote

Antoine is in charge of auto correct…
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Colt is so bad at updating their website and announcing new products in general, we wouldn't know about any new offerings until they randomly started showing up.

It baffles me how they get away with having such a terrible website. It's embarrassing and their entire marketing department should be fired.

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheRedBaron:

Colt is so bad at updating their website and announcing new products in general, we wouldn't know about any new offerings until they randomly started showing up.

It baffles me how they get away with having such a terrible website. It's embarrassing and their entire marketing department should be fired.

View Quote

Truth.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TheRedBaron:

View Quote

How do you mean?

What production line guns does Colt make that isn't on their website?

Not Custom Shop small runs, but core parts of their lineup.

I see the 1911C and the 70 series repro in their Traditional series, the Competition series, the Commander series, the Combat Elite series, Defender, Delta Elite, Gold Cup, Combat Unit...the only thing there that I haven't seen in a while is the Wiley Clapp series. I don't know if they're dead, or if they're going to come back at a later date. I also see a handful of things under Custom Shop, the only one of which I think was discontinued was the CQB...everything else I've seen recently. And even then I don't know if the CQB was discontinued or if it just hasn't come up in the rotation for production again yet.

Either you guys don't actually look at other manufacturers websites, or you're holding Colt to some impossible standard...
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:

How do you mean?

What production line guns does Colt make that isn't on their website?

Not Custom Shop small runs, but core parts of their lineup.

I see the 1911C and the 70 series repro in their Traditional series, the Competition series, the Commander series, the Combat Elite series, Defender, Delta Elite, Gold Cup, Combat Unit...the only thing there that I haven't seen in a while is the Wiley Clapp series. I don't know if they're dead, or if they're going to come back at a later date. I also see a handful of things under Custom Shop, the only one of which I think was discontinued was the CQB...everything else I've seen recently. And even then I don't know if the CQB was discontinued or if it just hasn't come up in the rotation for production again yet.

Either you guys don't actually look at other manufacturers websites, or you're holding Colt to some impossible standard...
View Quote

Start here: https://colt.com/category/revolvers

Colt offers 5 barrel lengths in the Python. 2 1/2, 3, 4 1/4, 5, 6. Keep in mind this is their flagship revolver.

How many do you see listed on the site? I'll save you the time and tell you it's three. Where are the others?

Did you know they offer the Python in a bead blasted finish? It's also not listed on their site.

Did you also know they released the Python Elite in 3"? You wouldn't if you just checked their website.

This is just the Python line I'm referring to, I could keep going.

All this not to mention the basic website layout issues. Look at the descriptions of each model. Do they look uniform and consistent to you?

This is the basic standard, not a high one.

Link Posted: 1/12/2024 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Colt runs one of THE shittiest web sites out there, never mind the gun mfgrs.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By USPguy:
Colt runs one of THE shittiest web sites out there, never mind the gun mfgrs.
View Quote

I think they fired the guy with the passwords about 6 years ago…
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd love to see a railed gun back in production.
I've only seen 4 models of 1911s for sale regularly .
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top