Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2018 2:20:53 PM EDT
Has anyone got some high round count serious practice time on one?

Reliability, shootability, durability?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Unlike a mid to full size service caliber pistol, the tiny pocket gunsare generally carry a lot shoot a little types. If you would believe what you read or hear, pocket guns are hard to shoot and should be practiced a lot, which is the opposite of what most people do. I have about 750 rounds through mine perfectly reliable ( including ammo that made other guns choke) and is actually pretty easy to shoot accurately
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unlike a mid to full size service caliber pistol, the tiny pocket gunsare generally carry a lot shoot a little types. If you would believe what you read or hear, pocket guns are hard to shoot and should be practiced a lot, which is the opposite of what most people do. I have about 750 rounds through mine perfectly reliable ( including ammo that made other guns choke) and is actually pretty easy to shoot accurately
View Quote
Can you compare it to a P3AT or LCP?

Shootability wise?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
great pocket pistol.
Only gripe is I'd prefer higher visibility adjustable sights
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one sitting here - it needs to go back to ruger.  I have given up on it.

I had P3AT, and two LCP's before it that ran great.

This thing has been a turd.  Been in my safe for probably 6 months.  I need to call them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This thing has been a turd.  Been in my safe for probably 6 months.  I need to call them.
View Quote
What happened to it?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What happened to it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened to it?
Can't get through a magazine without malfunctioning.  Its likely the extractor or ejector, it always leaves the case about halfway out, or sometimes all the way out but then sitting on top.  No visible wear or damage on the extractor, everything looks clean.

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#7]
mine runs like a champ

probably 500 rounds or so
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:15:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Can't get through a magazine without malfunctioning.  Its likely the extractor or ejector, it always leaves the case about halfway out, or sometimes all the way out but then sitting on top.  No visible wear or damage on the extractor, everything looks clean.

https://i.postimg.cc/HkCBgXKN/screenshot-484.jpg
View Quote
I'd polish the chamber.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Glock 42 easier to shoot well lcpII easier to conceal a coin toss depending on your circumstances
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 300rds and 2 years of pocket carry with mine. Carrys like a dream but not very pleasant to shoot. Wish it was dovetailed for sights, it does shoot point of aim for me so that is nice.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/HkCBgXKN/screenshot-484.jpg
View Quote
That's what my LCP second gen would do with several types of ammo.

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I have about 500 rounds through mine.
No failures.
The small dimensional differences in the grip and of course the trigger make it much easier to handle than the P38T, and I do have both.
I carry mine a lot.
I did put some High Vis nail polish on the back of the front sight.
Makes a much easier sight to pick up.
It's also been very accurate with Precision 1 .380.

Dave N
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top