Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2022 1:52:42 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to purchase a lightly used Kimber Custom Lightweight in 45ACP for a good price.
Are there any known issues/problems with these pistols?  
I have not purchased a Kimber pistol for about 20 years so I know very little about their quality these days.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a lightweight 9mm that has run flawlessly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the 45s ramped or non-ramped?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You will find that light weight Kimber, Colt or any other alloy frame 1911 Commander type pistol will be more sensitive to limp wrist hold and produce the expected failure to eject/feed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mindless:
You will find that light weight Kimber, Colt or any other alloy frame 1911 Commander type pistol will be more sensitive to limp wrist hold and produce the expected failure to eject/feed.
View Quote

Yes I agree but it couldn’t be any worse than my Ultra Carry II which I have no problem with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top