Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2023 9:53:38 AM EDT
These damn things are like gremlins....they just seem to multiply on their own.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you found any of the 18rd PDP pro mags for sale?
I emailed Walther and never got a reply back.  Ive seen every version for sale except the 18rd with the baseplate.   I normally buy at least 10 extra mags for a pistol I plan to keep so I'm kind or annoyed
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mc556:
I emailed Walther and never got a reply back.  Ive seen every version for sale except the 18rd with the baseplate.   I normally buy at least 10 extra mags for a pistol I plan to keep so I'm kind or annoyed
View Quote

In stock as of this post.  $79.90

https://waltherarms.com/pdp-compact-pro-sd-magazine-18rd
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Those are really sharp looking pieces OP!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By justanothercro:

View Quote

These PDPs look great. The magazines are seriously expensive. I mean these are more expensive than MP-5 magazines. Sheesh.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Double check this, but I believe Canik mags fit the PDP. If you have the compact then their standard 15 round (compact)and standard 18 round (full size) magazines should fit. Canik mags have been made by Mecgar, and are typically right around $30-$33.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ceskaz:
Double check this, but I believe Canik mags fit the PDP. If you have the compact then their standard 15 round (compact)and standard 18 round (full size) magazines should fit. Canik mags have been made by Mecgar, and are typically right around $30-$33.
View Quote

From what I understand is that they fit and function.  However, they can fail to lock the slide back on empty. In a @mrgunsngear video on the PDP-F, he demonstrated this and I think he put the number at 50% failure to lock back. Meh, not a great option.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Spatten:

From what I understand is that they fit and function.  However, they can fail to lock the slide back on empty. In a @mrgunsngear video on the PDP-F, he demonstrated this and I think he put the number at 50% failure to lock back. Meh, not a great option.
View Quote

Correct.  I dont see them a great option either except for range use.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Just buy regular 18 rd PDP mags and then add the baseplate of your choice that fits.  I really like my Taylor Freelance baseplates.

The regular PDP 18 round mags are much, much less expensive.

$36.99
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I had a feeling that they would be available since I didn't check before posting.   I was hoping they would be a bit cheaper $79 is $$$$ but it is what it is
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#10]
How does the Pro SD Compact compare against the Q4 SF? Have a full size PDP now and have been thinking about picking up one for carry.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]
How do they run suppressed?

I am loving my 4” compact PDP + Aimpoint Acro. Going to sell two Glocks because of it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ebolamonkey3:
How does the Pro SD Compact compare against the Q4 SF? Have a full size PDP now and have been thinking about picking up one for carry.
View Quote

Apples and oranges to a degree.  The Q4SF feels different than anything out there as I am not aware of any other striker fired gun with a steel lower.  Pussy cat to shoot due to the weight.  The PRO SD feels almost like a toy next to it due to the weight difference and the machining quality of the Q4SF.  But the compact shoots very well.  Although I think the FS PRO SD to be the best shooter between it and the Compact.  The Q4SF is superior to each.

The Q4SF is a heavy gal.  But she carries just fine with the right holster.   In the below pic, I'm printing a little as I did not shift the holster inboard enough.  But you get the idea.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By themao:
How do they run suppressed?

I am loving my 4” compact PDP + Aimpoint Acro. Going to sell two Glocks because of it.
View Quote

Have not run either suppressed.  I run the FS PRO SD in weekly USPSA matches.  Zero issue.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice to hear. I just picked up a Q4 SF from the forum here, really looking forward to it. Always liked the feel and heft of steel frame guns, so this should be good.

How do you like that T-Rex holster?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ebolamonkey3:
Nice to hear. I just picked up a Q4 SF from the forum here, really looking forward to it. Always liked the feel and heft of steel frame guns, so this should be good.

How do you like that T-Rex holster?
View Quote

My bet is you will really like that Q4SF.  The pride of ownership is incredible given the evident quality.

I like the holster.  However, I like it much better without the mag carrier.  It is just too much for me to carry appendix. So, I stripped it off and carry a spare mag in my pocket if I want.  Much better and much less bulk.

Also, make sure your belt is stiff.  If you can carry a 1911, the Q4SF will be right at home with you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top