Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2022 12:46:05 PM EDT
Walther’s PDP a groundbreaking achievement in firearms is now tailored specifically to Female shooters with the PDP F-Series pistol. 9mm

https://waltherarms.com/pdp-f-series/
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Same size as a G43x...damn
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Ugly as sin. This coming from someone that owns 3 Walthers.

Eta: After watching the intro video, I guess it's not that bad. Slide serrations are ugly tho
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
NOT DISSING WALTHER.

What is the pistol they made/make that has the cheap shit plastic takedown tool that you use on the rear of the slide? The tool that breaks after 1 or 2 uses?

Please tell me they left that feature off of this gun. Will wait to see if one shows up out in the wild, but anything that gets more women involved in shooting is fine by me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure the PDP is groundbreaking, it's just an updated PPQ that is optics cut. I have both. I do really like them.
I can see the need for the slide to be easier to rack, the spring has a lot of preload. My PPQ Navy came with 2 recoil springs for suppressed and not, both are stiff.
No tool needed to remove slide.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I long lost the ability to track all of Walther's models.  I know P-38/P-1, PP/PPK, P99.  After that it's a complete jumble.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#6]
The side by side video (PDP vs PDP F) on YT shows how much smaller the overall grip and trigger reach really is. I bet these sell like hotcakes to both the ladies and smaller handed men who aren't trying to compensate for something.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NOT DISSING WALTHER.

What is the pistol they made/make that has the cheap shit plastic takedown tool that you use on the rear of the slide? The tool that breaks after 1 or 2 uses?

Please tell me they left that feature off of this gun. Will wait to see if one shows up out in the wild, but anything that gets more women involved in shooting is fine by me.
View Quote

You are speaking of the CCP, a complete POS made by Walther's corporate parent, Umarex, in their Arnsberg plant.  Not really a true Walther, but the product of an air gun maker.

No other Walthers use that takedown method.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember when Walther made beautiful guns?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember when Walther made beautiful guns?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
View Quote

Shit.  I think my PDP Compact is beautiful.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Walther should make a thinner version of their P99 to compete with the Sig 365 and others like it. Or a 10mm P99 would be cool too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I got to handle one of these today. Not as good as I thought it might be. It does not feel as good to as my PPQ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top