Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2020 9:43:30 AM EDT
In ammo famine times when ammo of choice or need is hard to find at any price, good judgement rather than $dollar profit is sometimes in order.

This is especially true depending on your relationship to the needful guy.  Friend-coworker-neighbor-boss-underling-veteran shooter-beginner.

The recently locked thread from a Supervisor making a big score on an underling/friend's newby kid is an example.

With a stash of low cost 7.62x39mm, available more expensively at lots of places today, based on the claimed relationship with the father, just giving the kid some would have been better judgment.

Recently, having neighbors new to firearms buy things for which no ammo was available and having a CCW class to go to, I sourced some ammo for them from my shooter friends at old "normal" prices.  No added "handling" fees.  Another guy neded "X" and I just gave it to him with a "F-it," who cares.  (What I normally shoot is reloads.  They needed factory 9mm and CCW .38.)

"Trading" cheap old Short Russian for high dollar Police/LEO ammo not available outside unauthorized re-allocation from another police department to the underling father AND then posting your "score," gets that Supervisor the no friend of mine limp tool award.

Not saying frequently, not saying any/every one, but saying use some judgment and be kind, especially to the actual crop of 8,000,000, Eight Million, first time gun owners this year in what's left of the USA.  Come the Re-Volution, they may be standing beside you.

For the now ballistic Supervisor melting down in the other thread, that's a guy who values the score.

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a tech forum. Shouting at clouds belongs in General Discussion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top