Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2018 9:15:00 AM EDT
Please see the link below for a review on the American Rifleman website.

These guns really do seem to be a solid value.  I'm hoping the quality in materials and manufacturing will continue to be good and/or get better with time.  Wishful thinking?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/10/23/tested-tisas-regent-br9-hi-power-pistol/
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting that article as one of these in stainless is on my list of things to buy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for posting that article as one of these in stainless is on my list of things to buy.
View Quote
The C&S gun with the new sights and beavertail looks really good. The sticking point here is the base gun it is built on. Will it retain any resale value? Probably yes if the BR9 was imported by Springfield Armory and bore those logos.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
i got one of these and took it to the range today for the first time. stainless version. i liked it alot. just bought a blued version too.

the trigger was tough. not sure what the weight on it is/was but it was high. smoothed out a bit after shooting some but still higher weight than i'd like. i'll work on that.

but it was much more accurate than i expected. i got better groups at 15 yards with this than i got with a spingfield 1911 9mm shooting the same ammo.

shot about 150 rounds and had zero failures.

the mag springs felt cheap compared to my other hi powers but they functioned fine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i got one of these and took it to the range today for the first time. stainless version. i liked it alot. just bought a blued version too.

the trigger was tough. not sure what the weight on it is/was but it was high. smoothed out a bit after shooting some but still higher weight than i'd like. i'll work on that.

but it was much more accurate than i expected. i got better groups at 15 yards with this than i got with a spingfield 1911 9mm shooting the same ammo.

shot about 150 rounds and had zero failures.

the mag springs felt cheap compared to my other hi powers but they functioned fine.
View Quote
I've seen some conflicting info as far as mags.  Some guns have shipped with a 13rd Mec-Gar and a 15rd Mec-Gar.  Others apparently have shipped with two 13-rounders.  It could be a supply and demand thing with Mec-Gar or it could be that LKCI is "cheapening out" on the costs and going with the slightly less expensive 13rd only.

Either way, I like these guns.  They appear to be a solid value.  Curious to see how things shake out once more gunsmiths get ahold of them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]
mine were 13 round. they worked fine just had cheap feeling springs.

dont get me wrong - no way in hell should someone let that stop them from buying this.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely on my to-buy list. Been wanting a new Hi Power for years but could never bring myself to pay the high price Browning was asking for.

Hoping mine will come with 13-round mags since that is the mag the Hi Power was originally designed to use.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hoping mine will come with 13-round mags since that is the mag the Hi Power was originally designed to use.
View Quote
I tend to agree although the 15rd Mec-Gar mags work good.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I have yet to see a review on Youtube that was not favorable. No mention of mag issues at all. Surely on my buy list even though I have 2 Hi Powers.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered the stainless regent on cyber monday from brownells.  Can't wait to receive it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I just picked mine up yesterday, it came with one 15, and 13 rd magazine.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be curious to see if the folks who did the original testing revisit and check out the parts the factory said they revised after the reports of the few breakages.
Not exactly in the market right now but I am quite partial to matte stainless guns.  What's the cheapest they've been seen? I see $570 at brownells, I think some of their codes would get it to maybe $530 give or take $10
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been following the Tisas Regent BR9 pistol since this summer. Seems like a nice Hi-Power clone. They'll make it I believe. This company offers upgrade kits that may be of interest to some of you who have purchased the Tisas. Plus a nice write up after firing 6,000 rounds. I am not affiliated or associated with this company.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/151-tisas-regent-br9
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll be curious to see if the folks who did the original testing revisit and check out the parts the factory said they revised after the reports of the few breakages.
Not exactly in the market right now but I am quite partial to matte stainless guns.  What's the cheapest they've been seen? I see $570 at brownells, I think some of their codes would get it to maybe $530 give or take $10
View Quote
A slickguns search reveals Gunprime as the cheapest place to get them. I didn't check Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A slickguns search reveals Gunprime as the cheapest place to get them. I didn't check Gunbroker.
View Quote
This is where I just ordered a stainless model from. $519, $19 in shipping/ins, so just under $540 delivered.
...I'm currently trying to decide what grips I want to put on it.  Leaning towards something from LOK as I had a set of his for a CZ and was very pleased.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I really like the LOK's. Plus they aren't assholes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I really like the LOK's. Plus they aren't assholes.
View Quote
Agreed! I just ordered a set of black and red G10 Roughneck grips from them for the BR9. The red is very understated and the example pics and review comments sound exactly like what I'm wanting. Will post pics once they're on the pistol.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I’ve owned FN and BHP’s for over 30 years and love them. Once they stopped production, the current prices have gone through the roof. Tisas does make a really nice clone that with a few small mods is an excellent shooter, and to me, is very comparable to the late model FNs at half the price. Yes it’s made in Turkey, so if you can get past that, it’s a solid gun for the money. BH Spring Solutions has some nice upgrades for these guns. I updated this one with the SFS 2.0 with SFS Ultimate Spring Kit, C&S Wide Trigger, Essential Reliability Kit, 18# spring for my +p ammo.

Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#18]
My stainless BR9 shoots great. Fits my hands wonderfully and groups well.
BUT... extraction issues
With fully cleaned gun it will run without issue for 3-4 mags the start failing to extract.
I replaced the factory extractor and extractor spring with Browning parts, same behavior.

LKCI is sending me a 'updated' extractor but I'm not hopeful since the browning extractor didn't cure it. I REALLY want to get this pistol running 100% as other than the extraction it's a dream gun for me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top