Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2022 11:40:05 PM EDT
I recently considered purchasing a Springfield EMP 9 with the 3 inch barrel for a CCW. However, an acquaintance had one and liked it a lot. Except that 50 percent of the time he carried it, he found the safety off when he unstrapped at home. It could be a little unnerving since he was doing the AIWB carry position. Is there anything special that you do to prevent that from happening?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:23:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Certain kydex makers will design a recess that holds the safety in the on position.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 7:38:43 AM EDT
[#2]
The profile of the TS can be reworked so that it takes more effort to disengage.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The first time I took mine out of my belt and the safety was off made me order a single sided version. Hasn’t happened since.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top