Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2018 6:41:40 PM EDT
i thought I would mention this here as well in another thread in the Armory section where we were discussing these threaded barrels.

Everyone was very excited to see an affordable threaded barrel for the BHP.  Unfortunately, some buyers found that the barrels would drop in to most slides and lock up nicely, but when the slide is placed on the frame the slide stop will not fit into the cut on the slide nor will the safety engage the cut to lock the slide back.

In my case my barrel would fit some of my BHPs but not others.

When I took a look at the threaded barrels and compared them to my factory Browning barrels I noticed that AW/LW barrels engage the frame's cam pin just a little too soon and prevent the slide from going back far enough on the frame to allow the slide stop to fit and the safety to engage the slide lock.

All it took to remedy the situation was a few strokes of the correct size file.  My barrel required very little adjustment.

I haven't tried them on all my BHPs but the threaded barrel fits on the five I did try.

Hope this helps you guys.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you have to file?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

I guess I got lucky, my barrel fit perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
That pistols looks great; what picatinney rail is on the dust cover?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Delete
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, it’s from Jim Garthwaite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top