Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2018 1:45:17 PM EDT
Thinking of getting one of the 92D's from Sportsmans Guide and sending it to Allegheny for the following work-

Barrel Cut even with slide
Novak Rear Sight, New front Tritium
Trigger Job
Single Action Trigger/Safety Conversion
Vertec Grip Modification
Machine Checkering

Thoughts? Why do I WANT this gun? Better place to find a better Base Gun for reasonable money?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Thinking of getting one of the 92D's from Sportsmans Guide and sending it to Allegheny for the following work-

Barrel Cut even with slide
Novak Rear Sight, New front Tritium
Trigger Job
Single Action Trigger/Safety Conversion
Vertec Grip Modification
Machine Checkering

Thoughts? Why do I WANT this gun? Better place to find a better Base Gun for reasonable money?
View Quote
You might be able to save money by finding a D slide and vertec/M9A3 frame for sale separately which would save you the frame work you wanted to have done.

It is a cool project I’ve thought about a few times, but I prefer DA/SA for carry and enjoy shooting them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You might be able to save money by finding a D slide and vertec/M9A3 frame for sale separately which would save you the frame work you wanted to have done.

It is a cool project I’ve thought about a few times, but I prefer DA/SA for carry and enjoy shooting them.
View Quote
Too Late. I think I've bought a D model! $350 for the complete pistol, very clean, dead Night Sights but a nice gun. I can still maybe sell off the frame if I found a good deal on a Vertec frame I guess? Meh, see what happens....
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Too Late. I think I've bought a D model! $350 for the complete pistol, very clean, dead Night Sights but a nice gun. I can still maybe sell off the frame if I found a good deal on a Vertec frame I guess? Meh, see what happens....
View Quote
Did you go with Sportsmans or did you find one used in your area? I'm weird and like to hear about other people's gun buying stories, helps feed the addiction
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did you go with Sportsmans or did you find one used in your area? I'm weird and like to hear about other people's gun buying stories, helps feed the addiction
View Quote
Found a guy that had one, very clean, doesn't appear to be a cop gun.$340 and ship. Seemed like a better deal than the SG cop guns, I think those could be pretty rough.....Sent Email to Allegheny to see what the whole project will run....
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Nobody else has one or is thinking about building one?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one. Josh did a great job and the pistol was posted on their website for some time. I think I was into it for about 1,200 all said and done.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have one. Josh did a great job and the pistol was posted on their website for some time. I think I was into it for about 1,200 all said and done.
View Quote
Yea, mine should be close to $1,100 if I have things calculated right not including the base gun. Not bad for a "custom" gun. Hell, I've seen guys pay that and more for a Kimber "Super Thunder Chicken Elite Tactical"!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top