Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2023 8:44:36 PM EDT
Just like the topic asks. Share your life experiences with them. Pros/cons ? I don't want or need to hear about anything other than the acro P2. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2.

1 of them has about 3000 rounds on it on my direct milled G17.

I like it, carry it for work. It really is easier to keep clean of daily dust and grime and cookie crumbs. I’ve been a long time RMR user historically. Also quite like the clear non distorted view through the Acro.

Link Posted: 3/28/2023 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 4. I carry one on a g19 every day.  I’ve got probably 10,000 rounds between the 4. Best pistol optic option there is.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 10:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 2.

1 of them has about 3000 rounds on it on my direct milled G17.

I like it, carry it for work. It really is easier to keep clean of daily dust and grime and cookie crumbs. I’ve been a long time RMR user historically. Also quite like the clear non distorted view through the Acro.
View Quote

Is there any issue with it fitting in holsters compared to other optics? I have RMR and have not had any problems yet. Thinking of an ACRO but not wanting to go through another holster hunt.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is there any issue with it fitting in holsters compared to other optics? I have RMR and have not had any problems yet. Thinking of an ACRO but not wanting to go through another holster hunt.
View Quote

@RockNwood

No it’s pretty much the same frontal profile of the RMR and pretty close in length of where it sits on the slide.

I use a Safariland 6390RDS and 6354DO.  Depending on the 6354DO you may have to do some very minor trimming  on the kydex shell
Or something.

Mine are irons forward direct milled  and I have a Mac Defense Industries FPOP g45 too. I’ve also tested it with an MOS 17 with an acro.

Also have a couple other kydex IWB holsters like Harry’s Holsters and Desantis, no mods required.

So long story short, holster fit shouldn’t be a problem. Worst case scenario some minor trimming.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the replies. ACRO P2 ordered. :-)
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
They're definitely great optics, but I admit that when I got my first one I was a bit underwhelmed with the size of the window. But my only previous closed emitter MRDS was a Holosun 509T.

I really tried to like them on handguns, but they are just awkward to me due to their size. All have been relegated to long guns now.

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They're definitely great optics, but I admit that when I got my first one I was a bit underwhelmed with the size of the window. But my only previous closed emitter MRDS was a Holosun 509T.

I really tried to like them on handguns, but they are just awkward to me due to their size. All have been relegated to long guns now.

https://i.imgur.com/MDMzl5F.jpg
View Quote

Well, if you're not happy with them, I'm sure you could get more than you paid for them, back out of them. Majority of places, including Aimpoint, are out of stock. Places can't keep them on a shelf. You can order for MSRP, and wait for a year, sometimes. Many are being sold for more than MSRP, if, and when, you can find them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:30:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an Acro P2 direct milled onto a G17.5 by Jagerwerks

Just over 2k on it and I’d say it’s... ok

Significantly prefer the Holosun 509T which I have a couple of.

For work I carry a G17.5 direct milled for 508T. Enclosed is easier to keep clean.

Overall the P2 is a solid choice in my opinion.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:58:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I have two.  I also have 5 RMRs.

The ACRO is easily better than the RMR.  Glass quality, distortion, amongst other things is way worse on the RMR.  Plus closed emitter and all that jazz.

If they weren’t impossible to find and extremely expensive when you randomly do, all of my RMRs would be swapped out.

To add, my current 2 are piggybacked on scope mounts on long guns.  Very good compromise between the RMR and an AP Micro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top