Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2021 8:16:48 AM EDT
So I may be trading a my gen 5 g17 for a 92X centrurion. Not sure I will like the Vertec frame as I'm fine with the std M9 frame.
How does everyone like the stock wrap around grips or the G10 versions?
My preference that I have found to like was either the M9 style frame (or M9A1) with either the stock plastic grips or the VZ thin grips.
I hate the Finger groove grips that some of the 92's came with.

Are the wrap arounds similar to the M9/92 frame with stock plastic grips?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The included plastic wraparound grips are much thinner than a standard M9/92 grip.  The G10 wraparounds that Beretta offers are pretty much the same size as the standard plastic grips.  I really wish someone would make a G10 grip that wraps around, but is a bit thinner.  I'm pretty much looking for the feel of and M9A1 with Wilson G10 grips (not the ultra thin version).  Right now that doesn't exist, as far as I know.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the 92x fullsize thinking I would prefer the vertec frame but I ended up putting the wrap around grip set on that more closely matches a standard 92. Just pointed better and as a result shot better. They are still pretty thin and I liked the traction. If I were to do it over again I would buy a different 92 model that retains the standard hump back frame but had the 92X features. If someone would make a set of G10 replacement wrap around grips for the 92X that would be awesome but I have not found them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought the 92x fullsize thinking I would prefer the vertec frame but I ended up putting the wrap around grip set on that more closely matches a standard 92. Just pointed better and as a result shot better. They are still pretty thin and I liked the traction. If I were to do it over again I would buy a different 92 model that retains the standard hump back frame but had the 92X features. If someone would make a set of G10 replacement wrap around grips for the 92X that would be awesome but I have not found them.
View Quote

Beretta sells a G10 wraparound grip for the 92X that makes it feel pretty similar to a standard 92 with stock plastic grips.  Unfortunately, they're currently out of stock.  https://www.beretta.com/en-us/m9a3-vertec-g10-wraparound-gri-m9a3-vertec/eu00083/
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Hogue makes G10 wrap arounds for the Vertec style frames.

Scroll down a little bit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top