Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2024 8:02:52 PM EDT
Can the new 92GTS be carried cocked with the safety on?
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By seabass25:
Can the new 92GTS be carried cocked with the safety on?
View Quote

It has an ambidextrous frame mounted Type G configuration lever for safe hammer decocking (Type G – Double Action/Single Action, Decocker Only). It features a twin sear design that allows the end user to decock the hammer to a half-cocked position safely each time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the market for a new 92.  I think I've narrowed it down to a 92 GTS or the 92xi.  I was underwhelmed with the 92xi when I handled one, so I'm really hoping the 92 GTS is well received.

I'd much rather make a DA shot from half cock than 100% hammer down.  The other option is to get a 92xi and hope that the trigger can be improved.

Excited to see what the hive thinks about the GTS and how it compares to the XI.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MKEman:
I'm in the market for a new 92.  I think I've narrowed it down to a 92 GTS or the 92xi.  I was underwhelmed with the 92xi when I handled one, so I'm really hoping the 92 GTS is well received.

I'd much rather make a DA shot from half cock than 100% hammer down.  The other option is to get a 92xi and hope that the trigger can be improved.

Excited to see what the hive thinks about the GTS and how it compares to the XI.
View Quote

The 92GTS is basically the same as a 92XI with the exception of the 92GTS being DA/SA w/ a frame mounted 92G type de-cocker and the 92XI being SAO with a frame mounted safety. Both have the X-TREME S trigger. I know that LTT can do a trigger job on the 92XI, but it needs to be sent into them. Not sure about the GTS just yet, but I imagine that LTT could do a trigger job on it once they get their hands on one to see what has to be done.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MKEman:

View Quote

The 92xi has a great trigger, it's the firing pin block that's the problem.  Remove the firing pin block, file down about .002 on the front and back sides of the block and cut two coils off the spring.  It's amazing what that does.  Seems like the firing pin block is just oversized compared to the hole dimension in the slide, and creates way more trigger resistance than it should.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top