Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2019 10:04:59 PM EDT
I recently picked up a used Italian Inox 92FS Brigadier.  It has a bunch of Wilson Combat parts.  It feels great and has the best trigger of any 92 type I have.

Upon shooting it, it shot around 4 inches low at 50 feet.  To shoot to POA, I had to bisect the front red dot roughly halfway through it.  The front sight's height off the slide is .152, and the Rear is .204.  These appear to be the factory red dots.  WC offers high rear sights, both .280 and .290, which should do the trick, but I'd lose the red dots.

Anybody else had this experience?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an Italian 92F that shoots low as well. I use just the front sight but it is annoying as hell.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I recently picked up a used Italian Inox 92FS Brigadier.  It has a bunch of Wilson Combat parts.  It feels great and has the best trigger of any 92 type I have.

Upon shooting it, it shot around 4 inches low at 50 feet.  To shoot to POA, I had to bisect the front red dot roughly halfway through it.  The front sight's height off the slide is .152, and the Rear is .204.  These appear to be the factory red dots.  WC offers high rear sights, both .280 and .290, which should do the trick, but I'd lose the red dots.

Anybody else had this experience?
View Quote
Measure the entire rear sight. Should be around .270" They have a note on their website:

NOTE: For Beretta 92/96 models with front sights integral to the slide select different rear heights to modify your pistol’s point of impact. Raising the height of your rear sight by .010” will raise your point of impact approximately 1.7” at 20 yards.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Battlesight-Serrated-Blade-290-Beretta-92FS_96FS/productinfo/632/

So I would go with the .290" to raise it 3.4" at 20 yards.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Before we get too carried away here, what ammo are you using, OP? 115gr? 124gr? Brand?

All those things matter on a 92's point of impact. My first 92FS shot high with 115gr but POA with 124gr.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Before we get too carried away here, what ammo are you using, OP? 115gr? 124gr? Brand?

All those things matter on a 92's point of impact. My first 92FS shot high with 115gr but POA with 124gr.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, if 115gr is low, then you may well need a new sight or two. Have you tried different ammo as well?
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Never Mind
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Back when they were new to the market, I bought a Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox.  It also shot several inches low.  I sent it back to the factory, they replaced the barrel under warranty, and it shot point of aim when I got it back from Beretta.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I had been told that they shoot low out-of-the-box because Beretta intended that the sights not be used in the traditional manner, but using the white dot on the  front sight to be POA/POI.

Dunno if that is true or not, but I changed the rear sight to correct it regardless.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had been told that they shoot low out-of-the-box because Beretta intended that the sights not be used in the traditional manner, but using the white dog on the  front sight to be POA/POI.

Dunno if that is true or not, but I changed the rear sight to correct it regardless.
View Quote
What did you change it to?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Wilson Combat rear.

IIRC, they have various heights available.  Do some math, and figure out what size rear sight is needed.

ETA>having a set of calipers handy to make precise measurements of the current sights was invaluable in this regard.  The math was correct-  the new rear sight made it POA=POI at the distance and load that I desired.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#12]
In didn't remove the sights, but I did my best to measure them on the slide.

Front: .225
Rear: .295

I was playing with it at the range today and it would  be on target if the front was .155. I'm estimating that I was holding the front sight .07 higher than the plane of the top of the rear.

That seems like a giant number.

Edit: I'm aware that it's the rear that will vary in the aftermarket, but with my aging vision I've got a better chance at doing the estimates off the front.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Recent pic of the patient.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top