Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2018 8:52:15 AM EDT
Been looking around for a new Colt and the Rail guns have caught my eye.
Would like black finish but everywhere I look I get conflicting info.
Is there a 70 series Rail Gun?
I thought if model was 1070** it was 70 series but not according to Bud's or some other on-line sellers.
Can't find any local (Florida) or work state (ND)
Help or links or knowledge appreciated in advance.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The rail guns are all series 80.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Darn
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
You can always mod the gun.  You just need a conversion shim.

Link Posted: 3/29/2019 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can always mod the gun.  You just need a conversion shim.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/DY4AAOxy63FS0YWd/s-l300.jpg
View Quote
I did some looking regarding the shim option. What I discovered was that the shim's original purpose was for test-fitting for gunsmiths. To that end, shimmed 1911s end up peening at the shim holes after so many hundred(?) rounds that the shim requires removal for periodic touch-up filing to restore a smooth flat edge. My line of thinking is that if it peens at the holes after X rounds, the holes will egg eventually after Y rounds, leaving the shooter to decide between adapting the shim as a limited service life part (like a shok buff) or accepting the Series 80.

Given the recoil characteristics of the 10mm and the chance of using it for defense, I opted to content myself with the Cylinder & Slide Series 80 kit I already had on it and accept my Delta for what it is, Series 80 and all.

Keep in mind my internet "research" was performed recently, not 10 years ago. I would hope that information in contradiction or in supplement to what I read would have been readily available and discoverable... Maybe I missed something. If you are looking at a shim for a "business" platform, I would research the topic along these lines and see if a heavy duty shim has since been developed for extensive use.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Darn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Darn
[Independence Day Quote] That's not entiiiiirely accurate... [/Independence Day Quote]

If this thread is alive in 3 weeks I'll post one.

S/F
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Necropost, and one of my last on this site.

Forgot about this!

Attachment Attached File

Colt CAN do Series 70 rail guns through the CCS. You have to ask specifically for one though.

The above is an example of one - basically my rendition of what the M45A1 should have been. That's also the only recessed and hidden Bo-Mar cut Colt out there - I think a standard model like that would be a huge seller, like the Springfield TRP railed Operator.

Anyways, enjoy fellas. Figured you'd want to know that they do exist.

S/F
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet looking pistol!
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top