Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2020 5:02:23 PM EDT
Anyone have that issue?

I tried my AAC TI Rant 9m on my 509 T and just get a facefull of gas ? My Glocks and other pistols never have issues , but the FN seems way worse. I have maybe 2000 rds through the 509T unsuppressed with no issues.

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Tried switching up the ammo?

I have the compact and it’s pretty good with blowback.

Artsy photo.

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Was using some AE 147 subs and some S&B 115 and got it with both.  

Used the same ammo with my glock 19 that day and no issues.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Some cans, hosts, and ammo do not mix.  Some have a lot of blowback.  More so with lighter bullets.  Surprised it was with 147 gr.  Try another brand in the same weight.

509T also has a different RSA that came with it.  Have you tried the yellow RSA?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
i get enough blowback to cover the optic pretty bad after even 1 24 round mag.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Very minimal blowback for mine. RMR window is just lightly dusted after a few hundred rounds, still very easy to see out of.

I use the full strength recoil spring, Obsidian 45 can, and 147 grain handloads with VVT N320.

Big bore can and very clean burning powder is a fantastic combo.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I did try the other and same issues.

I pulled the can apart this weekend and gave it a good cleaning. See if that helps along with trying some fiochii 158 subs. It’s just weird as my glocks ,HKs and SIG don’t give me that blast back.

Going to shoot this weekend and will report back.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top