Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 9/9/2023 9:36:48 PM EDT
Anyone experience trigger reset issues? Happens when shooting, the more rounds shot the more frequently it doesn't reset and I need to move the trigger forward manually.

Completely stock and relatively new (purchased in June).
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 4:50:50 AM EDT
[#1]
This happens with mine too, but I thought it was the aftermarket trigger.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:
View Quote

Found a fix at all? Going to be filing a warranty claim with them tomorrow. Hoping FN customer service is better than the claims from most on GD.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

Found a fix at all? Going to be filing a warranty claim with them tomorrow. Hoping FN customer service is better than the claims from most on GD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

No, but I don't think the issue existed before the apex went in I have a NIB 509CT I should break out and see if it has the same issues now that you mention it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Got around to calling them today. Less than 5 seconds on hold and a shipping label emailed to me before the phone call was done. Here's hoping it's an easy fix.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Received an update from them today and they found no mechanical problems. I did notice the issue hit after I used my Octane 9 can on it,  which has ridiculous blowback.

Guess I'll just not use the can though. Meh.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Yours is the first I have heard of a trigger reset problem on the 509 series. My two 509's have very strong trigger reset and the only aftermarket part I have installed is the apex heavy duty striker in both.

Maybe just give your gun a deep cleaning and lubing and see if that helps? I cant see how adding a can would really make any difference as far as trigger reset.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 10:26:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zerlak] [#7]
Originally Posted By Taskmaster86:
Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Yours is the first I have heard of a trigger reset problem on the 509 series. My two 509's have very strong trigger reset and the only aftermarket part I have installed is the apex heavy duty striker in both.

Maybe just give your gun a deep cleaning and lubing and see if that helps? I cant see how adding a can would really make any difference as far as trigger reset.
View Quote

My Octane 9 has horrendous blowback, even on a pistol.  It also has a habit of spitting shit back at the shooter. Probably should do a deep cleaning of the baffles and it might mitigate that.

The first thing the FN smith did was full tear down and a deep cleaning. They were unable to reproduce the issue after that, which leads me to believe the damn can spit something back into the trigger mechanism that was preventing movement.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Came back today and I must admit their cleaning seems to have cleaned up the trigger.

Before there was a bit of friction on the initial takeup (almost like a false wall) and then it would get smoother until it dropped the striker. Now it's smooth all the way through and feels more like the trigger on my 510.

Actually happy I had the trigger reset issue, at this point. Wouldn't have sent it in and gotten it cleaned up otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Came back today and I must admit their cleaning seems to have cleaned up the trigger.

Before there was a bit of friction on the initial takeup (almost like a false wall) and then it would get smoother until it dropped the striker. Now it's smooth all the way through and feels more like the trigger on my 510.

Actually happy I had the trigger reset issue, at this point. Wouldn't have sent it in and gotten it cleaned up otherwise.
View Quote

It's surprising what a thorough cleaning can do for a mechanical device. Some people think basic maintenance like cleaning and lubing is a tedious waste of time and only for looks. Those people are wrong.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top