Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2024 10:23:16 PM EDT
Greetings, I have a 3913 with a stock trigger. Thinking about sending it to S&W for an action job and to add a 5906 hammer. Anyone send in a 3rd Gen to the PC for a smoothing? If so, what are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:47:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not even sure S&W works on the 039/59 series guns anymore.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
On the S&W page under products and then specialty services it shows the still do.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:55:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4BlackRifle] [#3]
I have a half dozen of used 3rd Gen S&W, and one has a really sweet trigger compared to all the rest.    I would send one of yours in for some loving care.

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have heard mixed opinions on the current work done by S&W on 3rd Gens. They do still offer PC trigger work and refinishing per their site

A shop that specializes in 3rd Gen work like S7 Customs or BMCM will do a good trigger job, or a skilled pistolsmith like Mk3 Firearms
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:05:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dwb1987] [#5]
The "performance center" hasn't really existed for quite some time.  Nowadays its just a name engraved on some guns.  Id wager the guys that were experienced on 3rd gens retired several years ago.

I would recommend signing up on www.smith-wessonforum.com and posting there for recommendations.  There is a user there that works on 3rd gens, can't remember what his name is but seems highly rated.

ETA: its BMCM mentioned above.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 4054.  The gun had a trigger weight a few pounds too heavy for a Dao.  This was rectified by a main spring change.    A couple of pounds lighter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top