Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2022 10:01:01 AM EDT
Thinking about picking one up, haven’t been able to shoot one. My question; does the comp drastically increase the db level like a comp on a rifle?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Whoops. Misread as it decreased the dB. Would also like to know the difference in dB at the ear between the normal and comp.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]
FWIW I ran a ported shield with about the same specs for a few years. The volume wasn't noticeably louder and the fear of hot gas coming straight up was pretty over blown. If you want it, go for it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thinking about picking one up, haven’t been able to shoot one. My question; does the comp drastically increase the db level like a comp on a rifle?  Thanks!
View Quote

not really. TFB did a video where they show the flash and stuff in the dark too. It doesn't seem to make much difference on flash or debris shooting up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't notice it at all. And I'm super sensitive to noise due to my tinnitus. I wear good earpro (and even double up most days), but I can still hear the noise levels.

I shot Federal American Eagle 124gr, S&B 124gr FMJ, and Federal HP 115gr+P+ through a P365 & a P365 Spectre Comp. I noticed no difference in sound.

I will say that the difference in recoil with the 124 FMJs was barely noticeable--not enough to matter. However, the 115+P+ shockingly felt softer than the 124 FMJ range ammo.

However, as a guy who likes 22 and 380, I think I've decided to go with the 365-380 instead as a way to reduce recoil. I think I must be sensitive to flinching because I can shoot a G42 380 way better than any small 9mm Glock.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

not really. TFB did a video where they show the flash and stuff in the dark too. It doesn't seem to make much difference on flash or debris shooting up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember if it was that video or one from the list when I searched, but someone even went so far as to show it's safe to shoot in a retracted body position, as long as it's not within about 6-8 inches of your face.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been looking to buy the same pistol but no luck yet.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:13:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have been looking to buy the same pistol but no luck yet.
View Quote

I put a deposit on one at a Sig Elite dealer two months ago. Still waiting.

One of the Sig reps said on another forum that they're making them, but demand is still really high.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Any luck finding one yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top