Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2021 2:44:56 PM EDT
I was at the range with a buddy last week and one of the pistols I brought along was my Witness in 9 x 25 Dillon. We both enjoyed shooting it and he ask me if his large frame Witness which has a 357 Sig barrel fitted could be reamed to 9 x 25 Dillon with a 357 Sig reamer (another buddy has one). I told him I don't know so I thought I would ask here. Measurements on most dimensions look to be just .001 off except for about .125 in length I believe. Again I have no idea.

Steve.........
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
No. The neck and all that shit will be off.
Rent a 9x25 dillon reamer and do it that way.

I found an outfit that sells 9mm barrels for the witness and reamed a 9mm barrel to fit after fitting it to the pistol.
So I have a witness in 10mm with a 9x25 barrel to boot.

4Dreamer rentals.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I was kind of thinking that but wasn't sure and I didn't want to offer him any advice until checking around. About 5 years ago I did rent a 9 x 25 reamer and did my Witness barrel and also a 9mm Blackhawk cylinder I had at the time. It seems really loud in the Blackhawk. I wouldn't mind having a 1911 barrel in 9 x 25 to go in my Delta Elite or Ruger 10 mm.

Steve........
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Well there might be guys that have done a wildcat but then where would you get the dies?
I also read about guys throating the 357sig and loading long.
Then handloading hot.

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:23:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Buddy barely knows how to handload much less do any wildcatting. After the Holidays I will look for a 9mm barrel for my 1911 with the right size hood and rent a reamer and do his barrel at the same time.

Steve.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top