Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2021 10:05:10 AM EDT
Freinds, can somebody school me on the 3032 in 32acp of course.
Lgs has a couple with threaded barrels.
Final price is in the $560 area by the time I walk out.
Are tiny little cans available to put on these threaded models?
Accuracy from that little thing?
Is the slide cracking I hear about still a thing?
Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've owned 3 of these Tomcats, and like them.

First one was when they first came out - it had some jamming issues, so I sent it back to Beretta, and they replaced it with a later model that has had no issues since then (1998 time frame).

This second one is decently accurate - no issues hitting a 6 inch plate offhand at 15 yards if I do my part.  Have not bag tested it for accuracy.

Bought an AlleyCat version maybe 5 years ago - it was the one with a large front night sight.  The issue I found was that it made you shoot low, and I wasn't a good shot with it, so off to the chopping block it went.

As for the cracking issue - I though it was the frame that would develop, in some cases, slight cracks.  I've not had any issues myself with mine, but I know other's have.  There have been some posts on here about it with pictures and locations of where they crack.  It's my understanding that the cracks do not impact performance or safety - it's a cosmetic only crack.

For a suppressor, you may want to hunt for a VZ61 Skorpion style can, made for .32 ACP.  9mm cans, while they would make it very quiet, are going to look big on it, if they are the more usual 1.5 inch diameter can bodies.  Plus really obscure the sights and want you're aiming at.

I like mine, and it's a nice step up from a .22 or .25 small pistol. I'd say buy and blast.  Beretta's keep good value so you can always sell it off, espcially the threaded version as they have just come out.

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the INOX one and it is a hoot to shoot. I haven't tested for accuracy but it seems to shoot where I point it. So far, out of a few boxes of ammo, it has been 100% reliable.
The frame issue was resolved with a thicker slide but there have still been some reports of them cracking, I think, I can't really remember. They crack at a pretty much non-critical area, kinda like the old Colt Delta Elites. If mine does develop the crack, I'll just cut the little piece off and drive on.
Fun little guns! I also have the .22 version, the model 21A.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the info.
I just blew my wad though on a total impulse purchase.
cz p10f in .45 acp.

I still want one however.
If I get my puddenhead stimulus, and they still have the Beretta, it will be hard to not get one.
There isn't going to be any ammo behind the counter for a gun purchase in 32acp however.
Good thing I load for the 32.

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Beretta if memory serves has stated ammunition used in the Tomcat should be 129ft lbs and lighter.  This means that many of the European manufacturers will not be recommended to run through as it increases the chance of the crack.  

Accuracy is "good enough" as in I doubt anyone is bench resting it and checking for groups at 20 yards or something.  It's a "get off me" sized gun, so it can hit center mass across the room, (and unless there's a defect in the sights/barrel it should be) you're good to go.  

They're cool little pistols, I would recommend one to anyone although it has been arguably surpassed by newer designs in capacity, weight, and even caliber.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I like mine

no one makes .32 scale cans, and 9mm ones are gigantic on such a small gun

The Pearce pinky grip extensions completely change the feel of the gun and make it amazing
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#6]
For a can, maybe consider a Dead Air Odessa in a shorter configuration.  Otherwise there's always form 1.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I don’t remember if it was the slide or frame, but I bought a new one in 2007, blued, cracked, first time it ever jammed was when that happened.  Beretta sent me a new inox model to replace it for free.  I would like to know if they ever did fix them since then so the blued models don’t crack.  I like the looks of those threaded barrel guns with the wood grips.  If I see a threaded 21a I will be picking it up for sure.  The 3032 sure is a sweet gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked up the FDE threaded barrel version yesterday.  They also had the FDE 21A so had to get that one too.    

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picked up the FDE threaded barrel version yesterday.  They also had the FDE 21A so had to get that one too.    

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68932/20210327_083626_jpg-1882612.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68932/20210327_083635__1024x768__jpg-1882617.JPG
View Quote

I love it!
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68932/20210327_083626_jpg-1882612.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68932/20210327_083635__1024x768__jpg-1882617.JPG
View Quote

Sweet. A toofer.
Us made are they?
If I get my finners on that sweet puddenhead money I will get one anyway.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sweet. A toofer.
Us made are they?
If I get my finners on that sweet puddenhead money I will get one anyway.
View Quote

yes both made in TN
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#12]
How much did those run ya?  Is the 22 reliable?  My 21a is hit or miss for reliability, mostly miss.  I've heard running one with a suppressor on it increases the backpressure such that it's reliable.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Ehh so I bought one of the little things.
The black with wood grips, threaded barrel.
Kind of erked that I only got one magazine with it.

Is there a source for higher sites like suppressor types?
How about a spare magazine?
I am assuming Beretta is where to go for the mag.

I might take her apart and work on the trigger a bit.
Seems there is room for improvement there.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I think the rear sight is part of the slide, so you'd only be able to replace the front, and that's if it's the dovetail version, like the old Alleycat.  

From the pictures I've seen, the front sight is part of the slide too.

Besides, on the Alleycat that I had, the front sight was a XS dot style, and while big and easy to pick up, was too high for the rear, and you shot way low on it.  Plus to clear a suppressor, as small as they are, you'd need very tall sights, making it look like a shark fin.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Ehh the front site is milled on the barrel and rear is dovtailed into the slide.
A rear site could be fashioned but the front would require pining a new extended one on.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Well not really an update but anyway.
I had my gut opened up and a big mess of hernias repaired which I am still recovering from.
I have been calling this neat little pistol my Dog Repeller.
Just walking around to exercise I noticed everyone has a gaint assed dog 5mm away from chewing threw a fence and taking a limb off.  As I am restricted in movement or retaliatory actions I deemed it prudent.

The belly band that I am wearing makes a great man purse and this thing slips right in that,  just in case.

I did get in on a Beretta sale and have a couple of spare mags.
That's as far as I've gotten.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Sadly, ran into textbook frame cracking on three 3032's. A blued version which I was honorably refunded purchase price (the cracked frame actually caused the slide to derail when fired)...a used INOX wide slide which I still own and leave in the safe...and a brand new INOX from Gallatin, TN plant. It lasted 2.25 years and cracked and only used PRVI Partisan SAAMI Spec ammo. Beretta replaced the gun (1+2 Warranty) which the store gave me full return applied to purchase of different gun. I see Beretta has the .25acp bobcat back in production.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sadly, ran into textbook frame cracking on three 3032's. A blued version which I was honorably refunded purchase price (the cracked frame actually caused the slide to derail when fired)...a used INOX wide slide which I still own and leave in the safe...and a brand new INOX from Gallatin, TN plant. It lasted 2.25 years and cracked and only used PRVI Partisan SAAMI Spec ammo. Beretta replaced the gun (1+2 Warranty) which the store gave me full return applied to purchase of different gun. I see Beretta has the .25acp bobcat back in production.
View Quote

That's bad about the slide derailing.  It was my understanding that the cracks in the frame were not structural and didn't lead to jams or issues.  Mine's still going strong, so it's hit or miss.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thank you for the info.
I just blew my wad though on a total impulse purchase.
cz p10f in .45 acp.
View Quote

Nice move, you will not regret CZ P10f or P10c
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nice move, you will not regret CZ P10f or P10c
View Quote

Gottem both and the new p10f 45.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's bad about the slide derailing.  It was my understanding that the cracks in the frame were not structural and didn't lead to jams or issues.  Mine's still going strong, so it's hit or miss.
View Quote

Agreed. Safety aside, cannot depend on it if needed. Scored a used 81 (12+1 in .32acp) from Italian Penitentiary turn-in and love it with new wood grips from Beretta...fit perfectly. If you like Beretta, check out beretta.eu site and see stuff you don't see on US site. See if your dealer can get you on list: 81FS, 84FS, 85FS, 21 in .25ACP and an odd looking Stoeger Cougar in 9x21.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top