Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like a .30 cal carbine?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Walther made a PDP F, or a PPS chambered in 30SC I'd be hard pressed not to pick one up.

How about a light, handy carbine chambered in it?  That would work.

Like a .30 cal carbine?

A B&T MP9 with 40rd mags the same length as a 30rd 9mm mag, is what I think would be optimal.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:30:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

A B&T MP9 with 40rd mags the same length as a 30rd 9mm mag, is what I think would be optimal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Walther made a PDP F, or a PPS chambered in 30SC I'd be hard pressed not to pick one up.

Like a .30 cal carbine?

I would think those big straight mags would hold a pile. I'm sure people will make machine guns in this caliber too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I would think those big straight mags would hold a pile. I'm sure people will make machine guns in this caliber too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  If Walther made a PDP F, or a PPS chambered in 30SC I'd be hard pressed not to pick one up.

Like a .30 cal carbine?

The French kinda already did.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Well there is/was the M2 Carbine, select fire version of the M1 Carbine.

Link Posted: 10/17/2022 1:29:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like a .30 cal carbine?

30rd 7.65x20 French mag vs 30rd 9mm mag; 30rd mag is about the length of a 22-25rd 9mm mag. So a 30rd 9x19 length mag should fit around 40rd.

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 4:29:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The shop I used to work in stocked them. Pretty sure we had a stainless and black for the almost three years I was there.
View Quote

Yeah, I don’t think they moved a lot of them, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
30rd 7.65x20 French mag vs 30rd 9mm mag; 30rd mag is about the length of a 22-25rd 9mm mag. So a 30rd 9x19 length mag should fit around 40rd.

https://i.ibb.co/0Dsm7L4/Screen-Shot-2022-05-31-at-1-13-42-AM.png
View Quote

Regardless of the size of the mag, there comes a point where drag, curvature and spring rates makes mags progressively more problematic. 35~40 rounds is generally a range where issues start creeping in.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top