Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2021 10:29:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: getchasum]
I just picked up a new Anaconda today. I really didn’t look at the serial numbers until I got the firearm home. It’s AC0025xx, which I’ve heard is a pre-production model, for whatever that details.  I was actually surprised that it seems to have a have clunk when I double action the gun and what I mean by that is, It seems when cylinder spins and locks up on the next bore, that you actually get a small jolt from the firearm when cylinder stops rotating.....If that makes sense. My older Anaconda had a totally different feel, as well as my 2020 Python doesn’t have the hard lock up on the cylinder. Have any of you notice anything like that....a hard stop of the cylinder rotation right before the hammer falls with your big bore revolvers?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By getchasum:
I just picked up a new Anaconda today. I really didn’t look at the serial numbers until I got the firearm home. It’s AC0025xx, which I’ve heard is a pre-production model, for whatever that details.  I was actually surprised that it seems to have a have clunk when I double action the gun and what I mean by that is, It seems when cylinder spins and locks up on the next bore, that you actually get a small jolt from the firearm when cylinder stops rotating.....If that makes sense. My older Anaconda had a totally different feel, as well as my 2020 Python doesn’t have the hard lock up on the cylinder. Have any of you notice anything like that....a hard stop of the cylinder rotation right before the hammer falls with your big bore revolvers?
View Quote

I have one.. similar serial... and it locks up very tight. Feels goods to me. Its a different feel to a smith.. sure, but nothing I would worry about until you've shot it a bit.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I may attempt to do a small video. What I think is, it’s such a hard stop (creates a little jolt) of firearm that it would cause you to pull off target every so slightly. My early anaconda was much smoother than this one. Anyone know details as it relates to the pre-production models.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have noticed that if I pull the trigger quickly to stage it for a DA shot on my 2018 production Cobra, the hand will kind of throw the cylinder into the bolt to lock it up. If I pull it smoothly and slowly it doesn't happen.

It doesn't really seem problematic to me; I definitely see how it would be more noticeable on an Anaconda with its much larger and heavier cylinder though. IIRC the new Colts all use similar lockwork.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 2:10:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AK-12:
I have noticed that if I pull the trigger quickly to stage it for a DA shot on my 2018 production Cobra, the hand will kind of throw the cylinder into the bolt to lock it up. If I pull it smoothly and slowly it doesn't happen.

It doesn't really seem problematic to me; I definitely see how it would be more noticeable on an Anaconda with its much larger and heavier cylinder though. IIRC the new Colts all use similar lockwork.
View Quote

You need a longer hand, that would help to properly lock up your revolver.  Unfortunately, unlike on an S&W I do not believe a factory made part is readily available at places like Brownells.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Surfgun:

You need a longer hand, that would help to properly lock up your revolver.  Unfortunately, unlike on an S&W I do not believe a factory made part is readily available at places like Brownells.  
View Quote

It does lock up properly, the hand doesnt hold the ratchet until the trigger is released like some of the old Colts
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Just saving this dying thread.

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mclark202:
Just saving this dying thread.

https://i.imgur.com/SG0cTvJ.jpg
View Quote

I'm looking at one as we speak at the lgs. They want 1599 and have 44 in stock.

I was holding out for a python but am tempted
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jkitchen:

View Quote

They ship?
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#9]

They ship?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They ship?

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:19:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#10]

They ship?
View Quote

Only to their other stores.

What part of the country do you live.

Edit- 44 mag in stock not 44 guns
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
I'd bite in a heartbeat for $1599!
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Only to their other stores.

What part of the country do you live.

Edit- 44 mag in stock not 44 guns
View Quote
Does the new one come in a .45 version like the original?

Nick
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Commando_Guy:

Nick
View Quote

It's not on Colt's website in .45 Colt.

I had one back in the day.   One of the guns I wish I had kept.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Commando_Guy:

Nick
View Quote

No, at least not yet
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top