Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2021 10:07:22 AM EDT
I bought a 2016 VP9 Tactical this weekend.  I debated getting a newer OR tactical and that brought up a question.

If I send my slide to be milled for an RMR, do I still need a mounting plate.

Doesn't the RMR mount directly to the slide in that case, sitting lower than on an OR slide that requires a mounting plate?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought a 2016 VP9 Tactical this weekend.  I debated getting a newer OR tactical and that brought up a question.

If I send my slide to be milled for an RMR, do I still need a mounting plate.

Doesn't the RMR mount directly to the slide in that case, sitting lower than on an OR slide that requires a mounting plate?
View Quote

There are different options, but check out places such as Primary Machine. Their cutting allows  direct mounting of the optic.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There are different options, but check out places such as Primary Machine. Their cutting allows  direct mounting of the optic.
View Quote

Which is actually better as long as you don’t want to switch optics. Direct mounting allows you to mount the optic significantly lower.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Which is actually better as long as you don’t want to switch optics. Direct mounting allows you to mount the optic significantly lower.
View Quote

That's precisely what I'm after. Seeing the guys with OR slides trying to find a #2 rmr plate is part of why I went with the older gun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's precisely what I'm after. Seeing the guys with OR slides trying to find a #2 rmr plate is part of why I went with the older gun.
View Quote

I’m one of them I’d even go with a DeltaPoint Pro if I could find a #4.

There is an aluminum plate manufacturer(EGW?) that looks pretty good but I’m still holding out for a factory plate. I’m sure HK will flood the market with an ample supply soon enough.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Just sent my VP9 Tactical off to Primary machine.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just sent my VP9 Tactical off to Primary machine.
View Quote

Are you going with an RMR? It seems like the gold standard and the price isn't much higher or right at any competition. If so, what dot size?

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I have both models and much prefer a direct mill (especially from Primary Machine) for all the reasons given above.  My OR model will have the slightest bit of movement before I tighten down the screws but the direct-mill is rock-sold, even without the screws.  

The only plate you may want is the "sealing plate" which is exactly that.  Because of the VP9s slide bevel, the mounting surface is a little too narrow to seal with the RMRs integral gasket.  Unlike the mounting plate, the sealing plate is paper-thin.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Are you going with an RMR? It seems like the gold standard and the price isn't much higher or right at any competition. If so, what dot size?

View Quote

Going with an RMR (I see it as the gold standard RDS as well).  3.25 dot.
My second choice would have been the Aimpoint ACRO but seems like the battery life isn’t as good on those yet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I ordered my RM06 3.25 this morning. It and the slide will be sent for milling as soon as the RMR arrives. I have a feeling the my USP Tactical slide will be milled before long too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got a order update from Primary Machine.  My slide/RMR is in the UPS system.  I should have it back Wednesday.  It was quicker than I thought it would be.  Can’t wait to see the finished product.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]
How long from sending out to coming back?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How long from sending out to coming back?
View Quote

9 days between the time I got the ‘we got your shipment’ notification until I got the ‘your order has shipped’ notice.  
Shipping has taken 4-5 days via UPS from Ohio to Louisiana and back.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

I’m very happy with Primary Machine!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Did you supply sight or are those the ones they install? Love the camo. I'm debating on.my slide finish.

My RMR came today from euro optic and my sealing plate comes tomorrow. Friday they get shipped to primary machine!
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:07:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Did you supply sight or are those the ones they install? Love the camo. I'm debating on.my slide finish.

My RMR came today from euro optic and my sealing plate comes tomorrow. Friday they get shipped to primary machine!
View Quote

Those are the original suppressor height sights that came on my tactical version.  They co-witness perfect with the RMR.  
Attachment Attached File

This pic is with the brightness turned up as high as it will go.  Makes the dot look much bigger than 3.25 moa.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I shipped my slide, tall sights and rmr to primary machine yesterday. Hoping for a quick turn around.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 4:11:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I shipped my slide, tall sights and rmr to primary machine yesterday. Hoping for a quick turn around.
View Quote

What finish did you go with?
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I just picked black cerakote. I considered a lot of options but the only color I'd want it RAL8000 and would want my frame done too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Went to the range and put 200 rounds through it.  After about 30 rounds I adjusted the RMR about a quarter turn to the right to adjust for the groups I was consistently getting about 2-3inches to the left at about 30-35ft.  After that I was getting pretty good groups.   Better than my skills with standard pistol sights for sure. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Even started aiming at the numbers at that distance for the fun of it
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Under the pistol slide it’s all dark green.  No one asked but here it is anyways
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Another vote for Primary Machine here. They did a bang-up job on my G19 slide. I'll be sending my new VP9 slide to them soon.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top