Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2018 7:44:27 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Picked up first ever pistol back in 2013, froglubed the hell out of it.  1st, only and last firearm I ever put the stuff on.  I want to strip it (reacts poorly with petro based I hear) and use normal type CLP etc.

Any advice on what to use to remove it that will power through the "gumming up" when exposed to petroleum based products?

Totally don't recommend it for any firearms.  Pulled the pistol out today and noticed a sticky goop all over.  Began heating and wiping for now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Brake cleaner will work depending on your guns finish it can ruin it though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I went all in on frogjizz about then.  Tried it for a few months on one gun, and it worked great.  Started using it on others, including my edc. Still worked great for a year or two.   Then one day at the range I got a click, not bang.

I mucked out all FL with a can of aerosol gun blast stuff.  It must have worked, no more frogmush bs.

It just works BS I bought into. Never again.  Wish it had worked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top