Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2021 5:21:56 PM EDT
OK, so I purchased a Soviet era 1P29 scope but I’m stumped as to what use to protect the optic in harsh weather conditions or in transit. It’s far too big for a neoprene “Scopecoat” and the rubber eyepiece will not allow something like a Butler Creek lens cover. In all the photos I’ve studied with 1P29 scopes on AK-74’s not one shows Russian soldiers covering the optic with anything. I am assuming that when the weather/conditions become inclement the soldiers simply detach the scope and put it in the canvas pouch. Once upon s time I had a K-43 which utilized a wooden plug to protect the scope at one end of the optic and a leather cup to protect the objective end-does anybody know of a similar accessory to protect the 1P29 lenses?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Why are you asking in the Handguns subforum? You’ll probably get more answers faster in the AK section.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top