Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2020 7:45:13 PM EDT
I think I got a good one from the estate of a policeman. Mint 1978 German PPK (not PPK/S) with the plastic box, cleaning rod, spare mag and manual, no test target. Interarms import. I think it's 1of about 1000 imported by a cop after the 1968 GCA. Any idea what it might be worth, and no, it is not for sale. No picture because my cell camera doesn't work but you know what they look like.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
How much did you pay ?
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much did you pay ?
View Quote

$700
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Cops weren’t exempt from the GCA of 68.  Otherwise there would have been thousands of ppks, 1910 Brownings, Walther TPHs floating around.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cops weren’t exempt from the GCA of 68.  Otherwise there would have been thousands of ppks, 1910 Brownings, Walther TPHs floating around.
View Quote

Am I reading this wrong?

82 Stat, ] PUBLIC LAW 90-618~-OCT. 22, 1968 manufacturing, or dealing in firearms or ammunition, or in the course of such business to ship, transport, or receive any firearm or ammunition in interstate or foreign commerce; "{2) for any importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector licensed under the provisions of this chapter to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce any firearm or ammunition to any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, except that — "(A) this paragraph and subsection (b) (3) shall not be held to preclude a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector from returning a firearm or replacement firearm of the same kind and type to a person from whom it was received; and this paragraph shall not be held to preclude an individual from mailing a firearm owned in compliance with Federal, State, and local law to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer for the sole purpose of repair or customizing ; "(B) this paragraph shall not be held to preclude a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer from depositing a firearm for conveyance in the mails to any officer, employee, agent, or watchman who, pursuant to the provisions of section 1715 of this title, is eligible to receive through the mails pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person, for use in connection with his official duty: and " (C) nothing in this paragraph shall be construed as applying in any maimer in the District, of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any possession of the United States differently than it would apply if the District of Columbia , the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or the possession were in fact a State of the United States
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#5]
That’s just the shipping regs.  Has nothing to do with importing pistols that don’t have enough points.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That’s just the shipping regs.  Has nothing to do with importing pistols that don’t have enough points.
View Quote

I think it's pretty clear that Interarms did import a small number of PPK's after 1968 for LE/Gov. agencies. I'd like to see others chime in on whether they think they did or not. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

While I don't know much at all about import regulations, there is a way to import normally un-importable guns for LE. For example, LE agencies and, IIRC, individual Officers with proper documentation, can purchase Glock 28s from Glock, or used to be able to anyway. The G28 is a G26-sized .380. It doesn't have enough "points" to be importable, but LE agencies and Officers can buy them. I don't know why you would want one when the G26 is exactly the same size and capacity, aside from being collectibles, but it is a thing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
What caliber is it?  The 32acp versions are bringing a premium over .380 models.  That said $700 for a Manurhin/Walther PPK is a steal in the current market.

Well bought IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What caliber is it?  The 32acp versions are bringing a premium over .380 models.  That said $700 for a Manurhin/Walther PPK is a steal in the current market.

Well bought IMHO.
View Quote

Marked 9mm Kurz....so .380.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top