Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/1/2020 12:04:59 AM EDT
Have at it guys...

17 round VP9/P30 magazines
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesomeness. Ty.

Going to try one with an hkparts +2 extension using OEM spring and see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks OP.  I can’t decide if I should pull the trigger on two or not. Kind of trying to save up for another pistol
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Awesomeness. Ty.

Going to try one with an hkparts +2 extension using OEM spring and see what happens.
View Quote
Let us know how that works out. I haven’t had the greatest experiences with the HK Parts extensions myself. I picked up 3(two +5, one +2) extended mags from them. As soon as the mags were added to my range magazine rotation, I started experiencing malfunctions. Nothing extreme but from a pistol that had been literally 100% reliable, a stoppage stood out. I noticed that every time they happened, it was one of the extended mags. I removed them from the rotation and have been back to 100% reliability using just HK mags.

Quoted:
Thanks OP.  I can’t decide if I should pull the trigger on two or not. Kind of trying to save up for another pistol
View Quote
The good news is they’ll be available in the future! Likely for less money too.....

I’ve been dying to get my hands on a few ever since I heard they existed. I couldn’t wait and grabbed a couple so I can start testing ASAP.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks OP. Glad to see these are available now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:57:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks OP. Glad to see these are available now.
View Quote
You’re very welcome!

I’m somewhat surprised to see they are A) still in stock after 4 days with what was originally being reported as only 1K available and B) the relative lack of interest across various online forums.

I’ve seen this sale mentioned on 3 different sites including here and the main HK forum. Each thread only has a couple of responses. I figured there were a lot of folks like myself just waiting to buy these! I guess I was wrong
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 6:25:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I still still have the 4 15 rounders that I got cheap on Black Friday still in the ziplock bag they shipped in.  The 2 extra round capacity isn’t that big of a deal to me.  Eventually I might grab a couple
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#7]
When I eventually get a vp9 I'll get more 1u rounders. Did just get a 1e round vp40 mag to make 3. I know I need more and will eventually get more.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 11:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]
OUT OF STOCK currently....
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a chance to test out my new 17 rounders today, putting 400 rounds through 2 of them. Flawless function as I expected. Smooth loading and no matter how goofy I intentionally was while stuffing in rounds, I couldn’t induce any sort of jam.

There might be a slightly stiffer feel while loading but I’m not 100%. It could’ve been because they were new?

The only other thing I noticed was getting the last round in while using a UpLula magazine loader was difficult or impossible. I guess with everything squeezed in there, there wasn’t room for the mag loader “arm”. I don’t think it’s a big deal, just something I noticed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I missed this.  How much were they?
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
They were $49 with 10% off,

so $44.10 each in the cart.

They’ll be cheaper in the future for sure.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They'll be cheaper in the future for sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I found these but OOS.  Still it is a good sign that they are listed.

https://www.crosscreekguns.com/mag-hk-p30-vp9-9mm-17rd-blk

I've been eyeing an optics cut vp9 at the LGS.  It has 2 17 rnd mags.  $680 plus tax.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:21:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks.

I've been eyeing an optics cut vp9 at the LGS.  It has 2 17 rnd mags.  $680 plus tax.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Here’s a couple of other places I’ve found showing them OOS but allowing you to sign up to be notified when them get them in.

Grab A Gun

Edit
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here's a couple of other places I've found showing them OOS but allowing you to sign up to be notified when them get them in.

Grab A Gun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Here's a couple of other places I've found showing them OOS but allowing you to sign up to be notified when them get them in.

Grab A Gun
Just so you know, G&R tactical is on the naughty list around here.  You might want to delete the link.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:28:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just so you know, G&R tactical is on the naughty list around here.  You might want to delete the link.
View Quote
Ill take your word for it.(just did a bit of research to validate removing the link, you were correct)
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-/118-291813/?

I’ve never heard of them, they just popped up in a search.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Shoulda bought one of these when I had the chance. Saw OP's post when HK Shop had them but thought $45 was a bit steep... didn't know they'd disappear off the interwebs! Shoulda bought at least one for carry.

Ah well...
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ill take your word for it.(just did a bit of research to validate removing the link, you were correct)

I've never heard of them, they just popped up in a search.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never heard of them, they just popped up in a search.
Yeah, just a part of arfcom history.

I hope these hit the market strong at around $35.  I'll buy some but much more than that and I'll hold off for used.  The 15 rnd ones pop up lightly used around $25 all the time.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 8:25:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Are the 17rd mag bodies longer than the 15rd mag bodies or are they just using a different follower in a 15 round mag body?
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are the 17rd mag bodies longer than the 15rd mag bodies or are they just using a different follower in a 15 round mag body?
View Quote
They appear to be the same size....I did not see a difference on the ones i handled.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
The bodies are the same size. Other than the two extra holes and an “HK” logo near the “Made in Germany” writing on the front, they appear the same.

The follower, spring, retaining plate and baseplate are all a new design. The baseplate is ever so slightly thicker....so slight that unless you’re comparing the two side by side, you wouldn’t notice.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#21]
We need some side by side photo's...
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
The only differences you see from the outside are a small HK logo in front, 2 extra witness holes in the rear and a barely noticeable thicker baseplate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Internally you can see everything is slightly different (not my picture)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#24]
It just now occurred to me that these 17 round mags, being the same size as the previous 15 round mags, will fit in my USP Compact using the Xgrip spacer and allow for a fairly low profile and reliable way to get 17+1 into the otherwise relatively low-capacity USP Compact....
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 2:43:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It just now occurred to me that these 17 round mags, being the same size as the previous 15 round mags, will fit in my USP Compact using the Xgrip spacer and allow for a fairly low profile and reliable way to get 17+1 into the otherwise relatively low-capacity USP Compact....
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2020 2:51:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'd be more curious to swap the internal parts into a compact mag body and see what it does.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Will HK ever offer retrofit kits for the 15rd mags? I would much rather convert the half dozen mags I already own.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Will HK ever offer retrofit kits for the 15rd mags? I would much rather convert the half dozen mags I already own.
View Quote

Most likely, for a couple dollars less than the cost of a new 17 round mag
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember reading the kits were their last priority.

1st was supplying new pistols.
2nd was selling 17 round mags
3rd was upgrade kits for 15 rounders
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#31]

I had ordered some of the standard 17 round mags earlier today, as they showed in stock but the link now leads to a 404 missing page. Hopefully they will swap my order to the new one posted and don't cancel my order.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Came here to post they're back in stock. Ordered a pair.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Still in stock although the 10% discount is gone.

Delivered the price is just over $60 for one. Yikes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#35]
My 17 round magazines came in today, decided to try out a random idea.

I pulled the follower/spring plate/ floor plate from a 17 round magazine and the spring from a 15 round magazine.

I pulled one of my 13 round magazine USPC bodies and threw in the items listed above and was able to load 15 rounds.

The USPC was unable to work with the magazine though as the floor plate is too thick and contacts the front of the frame on the USPC. I swapped the floor plate of the setup to a flush fit USPC floor plate and found I could load 14 rounds into the magazine. Was able to hand cycle and it did lock open on last round.

Probably could shave the 17 round floor plate down to fit into the USPC but I'm betting the 15 round spring is over compressed, with 15 rounds in a USPC body.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:55:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I’m very interested in seeing how far HK takes the magazine round count expansion...

I’d love to see some 12 round flush VP9SK mags...13 rounders turned to 15s, 15s into 17s

Will it spread to the USP line? I bet they could make some serious $$ just in magazine or conversion kit sales alone
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#37]
I ordered one with the red follower yesterday $49.00 each, $59.89 tax/shipping. It states 7-10 days shipping, I'm curious to see how long it takes in light of the current situation.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I ordered one with the red follower yesterday $49.00 each, $59.89 tax/shipping. It states 7-10 days shipping, I'm curious to see how long it takes in light of the current situation.
View Quote

They're shipping them Fedex 2-day.  I ordered 3 on Friday, got them this morning.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They're shipping them Fedex 2-day.  I ordered 3 on Friday, got them this morning.
View Quote
Did you get any shipping notification?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I received emails to the address I entered when I placed the order.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did.  Receiving a couple more today that I ordered on Sunday.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I took apart one of the 17rd mags and installed the follower/spring/locking plate into a 13-rd VP9SK mag.  I can now easily load 15rds into it and it still has about 5mm of leeway when pushing down on the 15th round.  I'm pretty confident that it will work perfectly but I'm still going to test it out when I can get to a range (that's open).
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Got mine today. Holy hell, the 17th round is a bitch to load!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is a noticeable increase in the amount of pressure needed to fill it up. Also a Maglula won’t load that last round...not enough room for the “arm” and round #17 to fit at the same time.

One good thing I noticed about the stronger spring though. I frequently have failures to lock back the slide on an empty mag due to my hand contacting the slide release lever. I don’t ride my thumb on top of it, more like sideways pressure. The last time I went to the range though I only used the 17 rounders to test them out and had ZERO failures to lock back. Time will tell if that continues but so far for me that has been a big plus. I read someone else report this as well...
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I took apart one of the 17rd mags and installed the follower/spring/locking plate into a 13-rd VP9SK mag.  I can now easily load 15rds into it and it still has about 5mm of leeway when pushing down on the 15th round.  I'm pretty confident that it will work perfectly but I'm still going to test it out when I can get to a range (that's open).
View Quote

Im looking forward to hearing your results...
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There is a noticeable increase in the amount of pressure needed to fill it up. Also a Maglula won’t load that last round...not enough room for the “arm” and round #17 to fit at the same time.

One good thing I noticed about the stronger spring though. I frequently have failures to lock back the slide on an empty mag due to my hand contacting the slide release lever. I don’t ride my thumb on top of it, more like sideways pressure. The last time I went to the range though I only used the 17 rounders to test them out and had ZERO failures to lock back. Time will tell if that continues but so far for me that has been a big plus. I read someone else report this as well...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've noticed on empty, the pistol ejects the mag with a bit more force than the 15 rounds. Probably goes into what you're talking about.

I have yet to have any issues loading the 17th round though, both of my mags are easy to load the last round.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

I’m guessing you’ll receive your shipping notification(FedX 2 Day) today or tomorrow if you haven’t already
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm guessing you'll receive your shipping notification(FedX 2 Day) today or tomorrow if you haven't already

Yep, FedEx delivered it today. I went and ordered 2 more
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Botach has them for $35.98 and 494 in stock as of this post.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top