Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2020 3:50:40 AM EDT
Does anyone know if the spring and follower are available or going to be made available instead of buying new magazines?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Frankly, if two rounds make a difference (15 vs 17),there's a whole bunch of WTF happening for you.

30-round VP9/P30 mags

Run the 15s, and use the big boys for HD or when you're someplace hunkered down.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#2]
To answer your question OP, I haven’t heard of them doing that yet. I’m sure the new parts will come in eventually, but it may be a while before supply catches up with demand. I know I have a bunch of mags I wouldn’t mind upgrading.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
No one has heard for certain that I have read about.  I would imagine the parts would be available at some point but you know everything will go to new production for the near future.  I would guess the aftermarket would probably step up and copy the 17 round follower before HK gets around to selling mag parts.  You can always get some Xtech Tactical mags.  David
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are looking for new 17rd mags, Aim Surplus has them for $39.95 in their weekly email today.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I sold all my 15 round mags for like $38 locally and bought all new 17 rounders for just under $33 per mag.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 4:58:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sold all my 15 round mags for like $38 locally and bought all new 17 rounders for just under $33 per mag.
View Quote

Where did you find 17rd mags for $33 each?
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lanbos Armory has them for $33
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

A local dealer sells em for cost to LEO.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
does the new magazine follow the Glock and Mecgar model of removing all space for the spring and compress the hell out of it when fully loaded?  Also removing any give when fully loaded and making it difficult to insert a fully loaded mag on a closed slide?

If you compare old school Sig and Beretta mags to their new counterparts that often hold +2 more rounds, you will see the follower leg has been eliminated or even hollowed out.  Usually resulting in the mag spring being compressed to an inch of its life.

Now granted, I haven't seen too many of these springs go to failure, but have seen the follower seems less stable in its stack.   They are definitely harded to insert when fully loaded compared to their old school brethren.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top