Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2021 6:26:20 PM EDT
I’m not looking to make my M9 a competition gun. It’s going to remain a nightstand gun.

The accuracy is fine for it’s purpose but it would be nice to improve it a little. 2 inch groups at 25 yards is my goal which is not exactly target pistol territory. I’m sitting at around 3.5 at 25 for the moment.

I’m looking to make only modest modifications to get some improvement. It already has the steel short reach trigger and the D spring.

Admittedly it’s possible I just need to try different ammo and I plan to do that too. However if I do need to do some work I’m just wondering what others have done.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Try different ammo first before you do anything else. I bet you can find a load it likes but that’s perfectly fine accuracy where you’re at.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try different ammo first before you do anything else. I bet you can find a load it likes but that’s perfectly fine accuracy where you’re at.
View Quote

My goal is to achieve minute of beer can at 25. 3.5” is close but not quite there
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The only "light" work I'm aware of is a trigger job.

After that it's a match grade barrel with a barrel bushing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:23:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The only "light" work I'm aware of is a trigger job.

After that it's a match grade barrel with a barrel bushing.
View Quote

I have concerns about this in a defensive pistol. Very tight dimensions is not necessarily a good thing when reliability is paramount.

I think I’ll experiment with different loads before doing anything else.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 3:28:28 AM EDT
[#5]
The LTT TJIB does amazing work on an M9.  So does the beretta performance kit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 4:44:53 AM EDT
[#6]
A old police armourers trick is to slip a 23 lb mainspring from a 1911 into the Beretta.
I have done this on two and the triggers got alot better and we never had any light primer strikes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#7]
the easiest was getting a national match gun smith fitted barrel.

I went with Barsto and it did make a huge difference.

Other was I did a conical bushing conversion for the NM Barsto and both of those made it accurate.

Link Posted: 10/7/2021 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the way, if as you said it's to be a defensive pistol. My M9 is beer can accurate at 25 lol, the trigger jobs are very nice indeed but mine only has the D spring.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#9]
You can do light polishing of the hammer, sear and trigger bar to improve smoothness of trigger.
Take gun apart and look at the wear marks and lightly polish. Be careful not to go too crazy and change the angles of the hammer and sear.
I did recently when I bought the Langdon tactical TJIAB. I saw where they polished it as a reference.
If you must have a lighter pull consider a lighter hammer spring like 14# or 15#. I’ve used the 13# before but I sometimes get light primer strikes with certain commercial ammo(not steel case). The D spring is 16# btw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top