BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#1]
My read is that since they are still shipping bad barrels seen in LGSs

And

Since no one has ever had a good barrel sent by customer service as a replacement

Taurus as yet cannot make a normal quality serviceable barrel.

4GeddaAboutIt.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My read is that since they are still shipping bad barrels seen in LGSs

And

Since no one has ever had a good barrel sent by customer service as a replacement

Taurus as yet cannot make a normal quality serviceable barrel.

4GeddaAboutIt.
View Quote
I'd qualify that statement slightly (and I'm sure it's what you mean here) by saying that they 'cannot make a normal quality serviceable barrel' in their US production facility.  I've never had problems with barrels in Brazilian manufactured Taurus handguns...

Forrest
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm having the same barrel experience as member ftierson.  Sent it in for warranty repair and got a barrel with a bore just as bad as the original. Plus the my rear sight would not hold an elevation adjustment when firing...they sent me a replacement sight and the same thing.

The original barrel.

very poor machining

https://www.snapagogo.com/images/2019/04/13/TX22-Barrel-Rifling4.jpg

notice the chamber is not concentric to the bore

https://www.snapagogo.com/images/2019/04/12/TX22-Barrel-Rifling.jpg

Barrel replaced under warranty

https://www.snapagogo.com/images/2019/05/03/New-Barrel-Muzzle.jpg

https://www.snapagogo.com/images/2019/05/03/New-Barrel-Muzzle-Deeper.jpg

https://www.snapagogo.com/images/2019/05/03/New-Barrel-Chamber_2.jpg

https://www.snapagogo.com/images/2019/05/03/New-Barrel-Chamber.jpg

barrel leaded up

https://www.snapagogo.com/images/2019/05/02/TX22-leaded-barrel_2.jpg

pile of lead cleaned out of bore

https://www.snapagogo.com/images/2019/05/02/TX22-leaded-barrel.jpg
View Quote
Any way you can re share those images? Was in the market for one but after seeing this thread will hold off.

And I have a M&P22c and it too has poor rifling and is a known issue with them as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I was lazy and slow to email Taurus but finally did so. They were also slow returning email, taking about two weeks. They promised to ship a new barrel when it is off of backorder and throw in a couple magazines for the trouble.

It’s certainly not a perfect pistol but I think it would be fantastic for my elderly mother with diminished hand strength and arthritis. Presently she has a 357 magnum that she’s scared of and won’t carry anywhere.  I put laser grips on it trying to help her out but she’s just too afraid of the recoil even with 38s. She’s giving it to me and getting a TX22 herself.

My eight-year-old loves it and has no trouble running it well. Maybe they’ll be popular enough for somebody to make a match barrel.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was lazy and slow to email Taurus but finally did so. They were also slow returning email, taking about two weeks. They promised to ship a new barrel when it is off of backorder and throw in a couple magazines for the trouble.

It’s certainly not a perfect pistol but I think it would be fantastic for my elderly mother with diminished hand strength and arthritis. Presently she has a 357 magnum that she’s scared of and won’t carry anywhere.  I put laser grips on it trying to help her out but she’s just too afraid of the recoil even with 38s. She’s giving it to me and getting a TX22 herself.

My eight-year-old loves it and has no trouble running it well. Maybe they’ll be popular enough for somebody to make a match barrel.
View Quote
I'd settle for a usable barrel...

Just sayin'...

Forrest
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a customer order a TX22 through the range where I work. He came in and picked it yesterday. I looked at the barrel and I would say it was about 80%, mostly ok but there was a small amount of chatter in a few places in the bore. Not as bad as the one in this thread, but not as nice as the one we got in our range gun. He promptly proceeded to shoot 10 boxes of Armscor 22 ammo downrange. It ran 100%. Zero malfunctions and he had 90% of his shots in about a 6 inch circle @ 10 yards. He wasn't really trying to shoot a match,rather this first outing was a function test, which he said the pistol passed with flying colors.

Taurus has a decent gun goin on here if they get the barrel issue taken care of, which it seems like they are trying to do. Its a great practice gun for shooters of striker fired semi-autos looking for cheap practice.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe I am the above mentioned customer.

I started shooting about 5-6 years ago with a '60's vintage High Standard Sharpshooter.   I have put rounds down range through most all of the popular (and not so popular) .22 handguns out there and own a few myself.

After a roughly two year dry spell I have been able to start getting back to the range and enjoying shooting again.  I have been looking for something inexpensive, reliable, easy to shoot for all levels of experience, comfortable and not finicky about ammo in a .22 combat style handgun for a while now.   I came really close with my S&W full size M&P .22 pistol a few years ago.

A friend and .22 fanatic I know called me up to tell me about the Taurus TX-22 he had just purchased and invited me to check it out on the web and then come with him to the range when he tried it out himself for the first time.  I did and was seriously impressed.  Enough that I decided then and there that I would find a way to get one myself.

That happened yesterday.  When I came in to pick up my new toy and run through the paperwork, one of the range staff took my firearm over to the bench and began to field strip it.  When I asked about it he said he was inspecting the barrel because Taurus was having some issues with them and he wanted to make sure mine was a good one.  He then said it wasn't perfect and that I should pay attention to how it shot and look for any leading issues, but that it was likely to be fine.   When I looked at it, while it was far from the condition of the barrels pictured in this thread, I honestly was disappointed in how poor it appeared to be and was skeptical on how it would perform.  I decided since my friends TX-22 worked so well (although I had never looked at the barrel to know how it compared) and if it did shoot poorly I could warranty it, to go ahead a see what it would do.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#8]
So, ten minutes later I'm in the range and pulling the trigger.  I am blessed with being able to shoot at an indoor range that will allow you to shoot at whatever pace you feel comfortable with that still allows you to control your firearm.  Since my goal was to have a .22 pistol that I could shoot with impunity and not have a jam, mis-feed, failures to eject, be ammo brand/type limited, need to have the chamber cleaned every 50-100 rounds, etc.  I decided to punish the TX-22 and see what happened.

With no intent other to aim at the center of the target, I started off with a cadence of about two shots a second for about 250 rounds with the only pauses being to load the magazines.  I then ran another 50 rounds through in two shot pairs as fast as I could pull the trigger with about a one second pause between each pair.  The next hundred rounds were a mix of pairs and cadence firing followed by the last hundred being mostly mag dumps as fast as I could pull the trigger.  The back of the slide was hot to the touch for most of the time and at one point the range owner came in and turned a fan down range because the smoke from the Armsacor .36 high velocity ammo i was shooting was getting dense enough it was obscuring vision down range to the target.  I am not a marksman (ask anyone who knows me  :), but it seemed almost effortless to keep everything basically in the center of an 18 x 24 (I think) silhouette target at a bit over 7 yards while I was doing it.  I have shot worse when I have had my "game face" on and was trying for bullseyes.

End result...   500 rounds down range.   Not a single issue.  NONE.    That's a first for me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Now for the aftermath.

Did a cursory visual on the Taurus later last night before field stripping it for cleaning.  There was muzzle blast an inch and a half back from the front of the slide and a nice ring of it around the ejection port as well, plus some crusties around the breach and down into the top of the mag well thanks to the Armsacor.  After wiping everything down I noted a few small shiny spots on the slide rails and the "ears" of the barrel as to be expected.  I ran some patches down the barrel and it came clean after about half a dozen total with the first one having a few tiny flakes of lead on it.  And on top of that, the barrel seemed to have visibly "smoothed up" a bit after the 500 round "break in".

If this is a bad pistol, I'll take any one that you want to throw away.  Especially if the barrel is even close to as "bad" as mine is.  This is my new "go to" gun for sharing with new shooters, working on my fundamentals of shooting and just plain having fun putting rounds down range.

If by some chance Taurus contacted me and offered up a new barrel I would take it in a heartbeat of course, but if my TX-22 keeps performing for me like it has so far, I likely won't give it another thought if they don't.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to ARFCOM.  Got any Legos?

Thanks for posting.  Sounds like you have a winner.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I believe I am the above mentioned customer.

I started shooting about 5-6 years ago with a '60's vintage High Standard Sharpshooter.   I have put rounds down range through most all of the popular (and not so popular) .22 handguns out there and own a few myself.

After a roughly two year dry spell I have been able to start getting back to the range and enjoying shooting again.  I have been looking for something inexpensive, reliable, easy to shoot for all levels of experience, comfortable and not finicky about ammo in a .22 combat style handgun for a while now.   I came really close with my S&W full size M&P .22 pistol a few years ago.

A friend and .22 fanatic I know called me up to tell me about the Taurus TX-22 he had just purchased and invited me to check it out on the web and then come with him to the range when he tried it out himself for the first time.  I did and was seriously impressed.  Enough that I decided then and there that I would find a way to get one myself.

That happened yesterday.  When I came in to pick up my new toy and run through the paperwork, one of the range staff took my firearm over to the bench and began to field strip it.  When I asked about it he said he was inspecting the barrel because Taurus was having some issues with them and he wanted to make sure mine was a good one.  He then said it wasn't perfect and that I should pay attention to how it shot and look for any leading issues, but that it was likely to be fine.   When I looked at it, while it was far from the condition of the barrels pictured in this thread, I honestly was disappointed in how poor it appeared to be and was skeptical on how it would perform.  I decided since my friends TX-22 worked so well (although I had never looked at the barrel to know how it compared) and if it did shoot poorly I could warranty it, to go ahead a see what it would do.
View Quote
Yes I do believe you are the guy I was referring to
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, I received the replacement barrel from Taurus today.

The grooves in the bore are better than the last three.  There is still chatter on the surface of the lands, although not as bad as the others.

I'd feel even better if the chamber was concentric with the bore...

I'm not sure where I'll go from here.
View Quote
Well, I finally got the time to take this out to the range on Tuesday (24SEP2019).

I fired 300rds throught it (100 ea of CCI 36gr Mini-mag HP, CCI 40gr AR Tactical and Win. 40gr Dynapoint HP), all with copper washed/plated bullets.

I had three jams (stovepipes) that were clearly magazine related (I was using two magazines, and one has a 'sticky' spot about five rounds from empty).  I don't blame the gun for this, as this design is clearly superior in terms of reliability.

Even with the 'better' replacement barrel (the third one, of new, 'fixed' production), the barrel leaded up pretty good.  I was able to clean it out without using mercury (like was required with the original barrel), but still...

So still crap barrels that some of you might be happy with, but I'm not.  Just sayin'...

I also noticed a scratch/crack line on the right side of the polymer frame.  It starts back just above the rear of the trigger and runs forward to about a 1/4 inch from the front of the frame, exiting at the top of the frame, and runs through the dished in area above the trigger and through the TAURUS logo.  It looks like a scratch (I tried flexing it to see if it was a crack), but I can't figure out how it got there since it wasn't originally there (and, believe me, I would have noticed).  Just something else to keep an eye on, I guess...

Forrest
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Welcome to ARFCOM.  Got any Legos?

Thanks for posting.  Sounds like you have a winner.
View Quote
Thanks.  But of course, I had enough as a kid that I built a fort I could fit in.  :)

And yes, it appears that I have managed to come out ahead on this one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Forrest,

If I had found this barrel in a Buckmark, Ruger Mark, Sig Mosquito, etc.  Believe me, I would have thrown a rod half way across town regardless of how it shot in the pistol.  On the other hand, I had a blast firing a Jiminez $89.00 zamac framed "pistol" that key-holed 75% of the rounds with a barely on the paper group at 5 yards...  Maybe I'm truly that pragmatic, or maybe I'm just a moron....

I had to struggle with accepting my new pistol after first seeing the barrel, but decided to go ahead and give it a try.  In this instance, for me, I'm glad I did.  I managed to put another 250 rounds through it today and with a little concentration was able to keep 15 rounds in 2" groups easily at 7 yards with no malfunctions other than two dud rounds that did not go off even after multiple strikes.    And when I cleaned it earlier this evening it had no leading in the barrel.  When I look down the bore while I am cleaning it, I am still not happy with the bore, but when I am on the range, I totally forget about it.  From a shooting standpoint, my particular example of the TX-22 happens to meet all my expectations and more.  If my pistol happens to be the exception rather than the rule, I guess I'll live with being lucky for once.   I'm sorry that luck didn't fall your way too, and hope that you finally can get a barrel from Taurus that passes muster.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, its been over 4 months and about 1000 rounds since I got my TX 22.

Still having fun with it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I picked one up last Saturday at a local gunshow...   as of this morning I am over 1000 rounds, No issues at all with several kinds of ammo in my "asst" box.   It obviously does not cycle with "light" loads ,  I have the Non-manual safety model and my serial#  is low  1PT000XXX, I do have the lands and grooves "chattering" as  shown in other posts...  my first two days I ate up a box(500) of Thunderbolts and had  some very minor lead build-up, got it clean with a brass bore brush and some elbow grease.
I then ran a cloth bore mop with Flitz back and forth through the barrel about a hundred times... I could still see the "chatter" but it was alot smoother and shinier.
This morning I shot about 350 rounds....Remington golden bullets 36 gr,  federal Champion 36gr, and Remington thunderbolt 40 gr.  I came home and stripped the gun down to clean it and to my suprize just a few swipes with a cotton patch and Hoppes  9  and the bore was clean and free of any lead build-up.

This pistol is not a competition gun, but is accurate enough for what it is, I was holding about  1.5" groups at 10 yards.

overall I love the way it feels in my hand, the trigger is amazing...it is a reliable pistol, my only gripe was the dot on the front sight was so small it was hard to see...  I lightly filed the face of the front sight to expose more "white"  and shot it well today. I did order the lakeline FO sight it should be here tomorrow.

if they are gonna make this pistol into a 9mm with this frame I would definitely buy it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have any up dates on new barrels shipping or...?
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Still waiting for mine.  I’d like to wait until they get it right but it’s been over six weeks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 1:30:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I picked one up last Saturday at a local gunshow...   as of this morning I am over 1000 rounds, No issues at all with several kinds of ammo in my "asst" box.   It obviously does not cycle with "light" loads ,  I have the Non-manual safety model and my serial#  is low  1PT000XXX, I do have the lands and grooves "chattering" as  shown in other posts...  my first two days I ate up a box(500) of Thunderbolts and had  some very minor lead build-up, got it clean with a brass bore brush and some elbow grease.
I then ran a cloth bore mop with Flitz back and forth through the barrel about a hundred times... I could still see the "chatter" but it was alot smoother and shinier.
This morning I shot about 350 rounds....Remington golden bullets 36 gr,  federal Champion 36gr, and Remington thunderbolt 40 gr.  I came home and stripped the gun down to clean it and to my suprize just a few swipes with a cotton patch and Hoppes  9  and the bore was clean and free of any lead build-up.

This pistol is not a competition gun, but is accurate enough for what it is, I was holding about  1.5" groups at 10 yards.

overall I love the way it feels in my hand, the trigger is amazing...it is a reliable pistol, my only gripe was the dot on the front sight was so small it was hard to see...  I lightly filed the face of the front sight to expose more "white"  and shot it well today. I did order the lakeline FO sight it should be here tomorrow.

if they are gonna make this pistol into a 9mm with this frame I would definitely buy it.
View Quote
While its not exactly the same pistol, the full-sized G3 in 9mm is close enough that I think you'd be happy with it. I have several posts in this forum concerning my Gen 2 G2 and it is a very solid pistol. And there are some aftermarket options available if you want them. I am actually going the opposite direction though, ie ordering a TX22 to have as a lower ammo cost pistol to practice with.

We have a TX22 at the range where I work and it has been a great gun. A lot of folks that have rented it have really liked it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

While its not exactly the same pistol, the full-sized G3 in 9mm is close enough that I think you'd be happy with it. I have several posts in this forum concerning my Gen 2 G2 and it is a very solid pistol. And there are some aftermarket options available if you want them. I am actually going the opposite direction though, ie ordering a TX22 to have as a lower ammo cost pistol to practice with.

We have a TX22 at the range where I work and it has been a great gun. A lot of folks that have rented it have really liked it.
View Quote
Yeh I held the G3, my son has the G2C and I have shot that...while the G3 feels alright in my hand, I prefer the grip of the TX. if they made it in a 9mm I would not hesitate to get one...  my EDC is a VP9 and I have the grip set up to almost match the TX-22, I can lay one over the other and they are so close in contour...

Link Posted: 11/28/2019 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Funny, I prefer the TX22 grip better than the HK VP9. Something about the VP9 with its harder polymer and texture makes it difficult to get, or keep a grip in humid conditions.

The TX22 has a texture and ergonomics that is perfect for a 22lr handgun for adult sized hands.

I also hope that Taurus comes out with a 9mm with this grip ergonomics.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got a TX22 from Academy from their black friday sale.

The rifling looks good and clean, no chatter marks.

Put a box of CCI standard through it this afternoon, will shoot it some more tomorrow where I can see how it sounds suppressed without ears.

Neat little gun! Its about time someone made a good mainstream .22 pistol with more than a 10 round mag.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Put a box of CCI standard through it this afternoon, will shoot it some more tomorrow where I can see how it sounds suppressed without ears.

Neat little gun! Its about time someone made a good mainstream .22 pistol with more than a 10 round mag.
View Quote
So, how did your range time go?
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great!  I have about 300 rounds through it now I think. A couple of failures to eject, but only a couple. All in all, a great little pistol.  I almost got it to cycle CCI Quiet with the suppressor on.

And it sounds great suppressed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Great to hear, I'm looking forward to see what Taurus will bring to the market in 2020.
I hope for more TX22 stuff and a 9mm version.

MAC (Military Arms Channel) just did a review on the TX22.
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 5:00:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Great to hear, I'm looking forward to see what Taurus will bring to the market in 2020.
I hope for more TX22 stuff and a 9mm version.

MAC (Military Arms Channel) just did a review on the TX22.
View Quote
MAC cost me money. Watched that review and ordered one (no safety model). Definitely an impulse buy and gamble that worked out for me. Just got it in today and ran 100% (minus one dud bulk round, good primer strike). I ran around 500 rounds suppressed and unsuppressed. I was shooting CCI SV, Federal bulk, Rem Golden Bullet  and some crappy Thunderbolts. It ate everything no problem. It's a great suppressor host and a fun plinker. I plan on putting it on paper soon to see how it groups. Today was just plinking rocks and small targets. Let my buddy shoot it and he was impressed and said he will most likely get one as well. This is my first Taurus and most likely last. But it's perfect for what it is in my opinion.

Now I just need to locate a few more mags. Seems like nobody has them in stock.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Happy to read that you like your TX22!

I got my mags from ballisticdeals.com, but they are out of stock at the moment. Everyone is looking for mags at this time. I would recommend that you sign up for email notification.

Also try ammoseek.com, worth a try.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

MAC cost me money. Watched that review and ordered one (no safety model). Definitely an impulse buy and gamble that worked out for me. Just got it in today and ran 100% (minus one dud bulk round, good primer strike). I ran around 500 rounds suppressed and unsuppressed. I was shooting CCI SV, Federal bulk, Rem Golden Bullet  and some crappy Thunderbolts. It ate everything no problem. It's a great suppressor host and a fun plinker. I plan on putting it on paper soon to see how it groups. Today was just plinking rocks and small targets. Let my buddy shoot it and he was impressed and said he will most likely get one as well. This is my first Taurus and most likely last. But it's perfect for what it is in my opinion.

Now I just need to locate a few more mags. Seems like nobody has them in stock.
View Quote
@MontuckyMan

And anyone else looking for tx22 mags. Lanbos armory has 10 and 16 rd in stock. I ordered 4  more16 rd myself.  Lanbos is GTG, several orders without issues..

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=47662

SOLD OUT AS OF 1/14. That didn't take long
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 6:25:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
@MontuckyMan

And anyone else looking for tx22 mags. Lanbos armory has 10 and 16 rd in stock. I ordered 4  more16 rd myself.  Lanbos is GTG, several orders without issues..

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=47662
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#30]
My 4 new mags ran great today. As did my second TX22, found a good deal on a FDE version so what the hell, I bought it. Barrel is fine, no chatter marks that I can see, shoots straight, no leading

Having ten mags is much more fun until its time to reload all ten
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone know if they fit in a G19 holster?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Anybody??
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Can't wait till monday be picking up a brand new tx22. My silencerco spectre 2 suppressor is waiting for it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:15:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone know if they fit in a G19 holster?
View Quote
It fits fairly well in the SG Revolution.  Not snug enough for jogging but fine for range time.

@Harv24
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:37:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks Brother!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I picked a tx22 up today. First mag I tried with Win 42g max, it was a single shot, wouldn't feed. I tried some mini mags next and they ran fine. Fed match next and those ran fine. I tried Aguila 38g subsonic and they would not cycle. Next I loaded a mag with 5 fed match, 5 min mags, and 5 Win 42g max. That mag ran fine. I loaded up another mag of Win 42g and it ran fine this time. Barrel seems fine. I still need to try some CCI subs.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#38]
I bought one last year for $257 out the door and then did the $50 rebate. I wanted something sized for an adult in .22 to teach my girls with and after they graduate to their own gun something I can have fun with at the range.

Ergonomics are good to me and the trigger felt great, and thankfully the barrel is smooth and true. Field stripping it is a bit weird but whatever, I'm spoiled by my XD-M's I guess.

I have shot 200-300 each:
CCI Sub-sonic HP 40gr
Winchester Super X 40gr
Aguila "Super Extra" 40gr
Federal Champion 40gr
Winchester (Walmart bulk) 38gr

The Winchester (Walmart bulk) 38gr gives a failure to feed every other mag, no rhyme or reason. Top, bottom, middle of the mag it's done it on each. CCI I got two failure to feed, the other brands have had no issues at all.
It just does not seem to like that bulk ammo, I'm not sure if it's 38gr vs 40gr or what. It has seemed to smooth out a bit, I still run a mag of the bulk ammo from time to time and have not had an issue for a while.

Previously I bought a G2C but got rid of it ASAP due to that horrendous trigger, my buddy loves it go figure. The TX22 is a much better showing by Taurus...at least in my experience. Great little gun I'm glad I picked it up, it really sucks so many people have had barrel issues in the end if they make it right with customers I'd say that's huge.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Rebate?

February 2020?

Ah, last year.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Rebate?

February 2020?

Ah, last year.
View Quote
I got mine late last month.

My barrel is ugly,  but not issues yet. We will see.....I'm in love with these pistols.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Bought one in early December 2019. Liked it a lot. LGS had a moving sale on magazines, so I bought 3 extras. Wife liked it so much I bought a second gun late December. Like all rimmed cartridges, magazines do have to be loaded correctly, but it's not difficult. Picked up 3 more on sale magazines for her. I've put a few thousand rounds through mine and it's been great. Suppresses well. Functions perfectly on SV ammo. Can you tell I like it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Figured I'd give my input. I got mine (the safety version) late in early January. I've only have a few failure to extracts in roughly 4k rounds. They only happened with some american eagle I had but fed blazer, rem gold bullet, winchester high velocity, federal automatch, and cci perfectly. It has developed a little bit of slop in the safety. It will have an audible click between fire and safe but in each position there is a little bit of give. I've noticed a few times when I have it on fire and its not perfectly down (because of a knuckle pressing up on the slop) it will not fire. Looking back if I had seen the non safety version I'd have gotten that. Thats my only gripe.

I see there is also a thread asking about removing the safety in this taurus section and am going to keep an eye out. It probably developed within the past 200 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:54:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Picked one up to day at local farm store for $280. A little on the high side, but I had gift cards to use and I was able to inspect the pistol. I checked the barrel at the counter , guy brought up 3 gun for me to inspect. All showed signs of tool marks and slight chatter , but not terrible. Most 22 bores have some amount of tool marks and chatter if you look hard enough, even my S&W 22A target pistol. I picked the best of the three and was on my way. Got home loaded it up and went from the box to the range. Fired about 150 to 200 rds. of mostly Fed bulk box without a hitch. Accuracy was good but was much better with CCI mini mags. I checked the bore afterwards and while dirty and had some light lead streaking, a few passes of a bore snake cleaned it right up. I'm happy with the gun and think it will get my wife out on the range more. It will make a nice light weight backpack / hiking gun.

One question, it says to dry fire to disassemble, but won't that ding the chamber face , or is it like a 10/22 where it won't hit ?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Who knows? But since you have to pull the trigger as part of the disassembly let's hope. I don't dry fire mine otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Mine loves Mini Mags with the suppressor still quiet as hell. Almost 2k mixed rounds thru it so far no leading in the barrel mine was purchased February 3rd.

Mine was 249 out the door.

Going to order another one next ones going to be their fde / tan one .
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Well an update from Taurus to me after an email to them with serial # and problems noted. Lady was very nice and took all the info.
Asked her some questions about the barrels. She said that the bad barrels were sourced from one supplier and, that the delays are due
to the fact that they have looked for and have another supplier. I was put on the list and, the new barrels will be shipped out as they receive them.
She also noted that a lot of folks are hoping for a version in 9MM. So they are thinking about it. Hope so as I would be interested in it myself.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Picked up a TX22 and finally took some pics of the bore.  What do you guys think?

Btw taking pictures of a barrel bore is NOT easy.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Picked up a TX22 and finally took some pics of the bore.  What do you guys think?

Btw taking pictures of a barrel bore is NOT easy.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/450791/IMG_20200226_200838_jpg-1292642.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/450791/IMG_20200226_201000_jpg-1292643.JPG
View Quote
Looks like shit
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I see waves.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#50]
How does it shoot ? Ya, looks rough and shame on Taurus, but it might surprise you when put on paper. My bore has light chatter on the riflings and some tool mark /scratches in the grooves , but shoots nice tight groups at 10 yds. with no more barrel leading than my S&W 22A. At least Taurus will replace the barrel if you contact them ; buddy just sent a Springfield XD back because the muzzle crown looked like it was chewed by beavers. They test fired it and sent it back with the target and said it was fine. what a joke.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top