Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Wow! You missed the part where i mentioned that i handled one with Novak sights today......I win !

I guess I was confused. I think I read it as you saw the standard Parked Loaded. In that case, color me impressed for Springfield actually listening to their customers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit, if they have a fixed sight version, I've got a new X-Mas gift!
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Shit, if they have a fixed sight version, I've got a new X-Mas gift!

+1
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Gun #3 Novak Combat night sights,strong side safety,SS Match bushing,one mag,standard markings....Price $779.99

What was the model number on this one?  That is even cheaper than the PX9109LP...which is similarly equipped.

How is Springfield offering 'TRP' fit models at a lower price than a similarly equipped Loaded?

The One with Novak Combat Nightsights(Carry Fixed Sights) was Model #PX9109LT

The others with Bomar Target sights were model #PI9128LP

That is a parkerized Loaded and not the Range Officer model
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a parkerized Loaded and not the Range Officer model

Loaded is PX9109LP. Slight difference, but it's different.

The only signifgance I can find is that NO current Springfield model on their site bear the LT at the end of the part number. Every one of them is LP. This could very well be the new model, but the number will lead to some confusion.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]
IIRC, the "P" on the end just indicates that it's the "Package" which includes the cheap plastic holsters.

if it was a RO with fixed sights, it would have a different model number, not just a change in the last character in the model number from a "P" to "T"

Link Posted: 11/13/2010 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#7]
So I found this 1911 searching for 1911's on Gunsamerica today. I then came over here to read up on 1911's - low and behold, this thread was at the top of the page.
I've been wanting a somewhat plane-jane reliable 1911 for a few years now. My AR building just keeps getting in the way.
I just almost clicked the button on one of these - any reason you all think I shouldn't? I've looked at all sorts of 1911 models - and was thinking about the Colt 70 series government model - or whatever else seemed to be a good deal for what you get. I've shot many 1911's....my favorite was a SA TRP operator. I mainly looking for something reliable - and somewhat accurate (at a $500-$800 range).
Thanks in advance - (sorry to hitch-hike on the detailed conversation)

Link Posted: 11/13/2010 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I just looked at three of these Springfields at Randall's in Phoenix....two had bomar sights,one with strong side safety,the other with ambi safety.The third one had Novak nightsights with strong side safety.

The fit is much much better than loaded models,there was no play what so ever between slide and frame in any direction on all three guns.Workmanship is on par with the TRP's,just less bells and whistles.Trigger pull on two of the guns was 4lbs,the third gun trigger pull was 3.5lbs.

All  three of these guns were "NM" frames and the fit is superior to any loaded or Milspec pistols i have ever seen.

Slide and frame fit is as tight as my Browns,Wilsons and Springer TGO's....

If anyone is interested in a Springer 1911,i recommend wait till you feel one of these....for under $800 possibly out the door,it's a lot of Pistol.

Gun #1 Bomar sights,strong side safety,3.5lb trigger,SS match bushing,two mags,marked "1 of 500" on dust cover......Price $759.99

Gun #2 Bomar sights,ambi safety,4lb trigger,one mag,SS Match bushing,standard marking....Price $749.99

Gun #3 Novak Combat night sights(Carry Fixed Sights),strong side safety,SS Match bushing,one mag,standard markings....Price $779.99
You're the man. I'm going to order one of the novak models asap if that's indeed the new gun.

Link Posted: 11/13/2010 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I just looked at three of these Springfields at Randall's in Phoenix....two had bomar sights,one with strong side safety,the other with ambi safety.The third one had Novak nightsights with strong side safety.

The fit is much much better than loaded models,there was no play what so ever between slide and frame in any direction on all three guns.Workmanship is on par with the TRP's,just less bells and whistles.Trigger pull on two of the guns was 4lbs,the third gun trigger pull was 3.5lbs.

All  three of these guns were "NM" frames and the fit is superior to any loaded or Milspec pistols i have ever seen.

If anyone is interested in a Springer 1911,i recommend wait till you feel one of these....for under $800 possibly out the door,it's a lot of Pistol.

Gun #1 Bomar sights,strong side safety,3.5lb trigger,SS match bushing,two mags,marked "1 of 500" on dust cover......Price $759.99

Gun #2 Bomar sights,ambi safety,4lb trigger,one mag,SS Match bushing,standard marking....Price $749.99

Gun #3 Novak Combat night sights(Carry Fixed Sights),strong side safety,SS Match bushing,one mag,standard markings....Price $779.99

Quick question- did the one with Novaks have front cocking serrations? And it only had the strong side saftey- not ambi?

Weird they have such a close model number to the loaded model.

Link Posted: 11/13/2010 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hmm...built with the same precision as the TRP?  So we can expect one piece barrels, tighter slide to frame fit than the Loaded, NM numbered frames?

Looking at it another way, if this is a basic TRP with a standard GI bushing, parkerized finish and no front strap checkering, forward cocking serrations or ambi-safety, I'm definitely interested.  The listed price point (TRP quality at a lower price than a Loaded?) has me skeptical.  That'd be a great base gun for a customized build.

Definitely need a fixed sight version with the Novak cut.

You can't get tighter than a NM Loaded, I 've got a couple thousand rds thru mine & the barrel still has NO PLAY between it & the bushing. I think they are just hyping up a different pistol (name) for the money by compairing it to the TRP which I have also. MY TRP is no tighter nor accurate nor dependable than my NM Loaded target. What's the difference ???.....$$$$$ And a little more frill's & that's it.

Think about it how do you get more sales & attention? With a NEW MODEL, good lower priced & compare it to a higher end TRP. It's working look how many post & how much attention it's already got. SMART ADVERTISING!!! For those like me who own both the TRP & the NM Loaded Target. Is your TRP really worth the extra extra money they charge for the TRP? Mine is not!! it's just more frill's & fancy.
My Loaded Target is as perfect & dependable as my Wilson & Nighthawk etc...

Make's me want to cry sometime to think how a lower priced 1911 is as good as my high end 1911's. I'm not including MIM part's etc. compared to bullit proof on the high end's....just accuracy & dependable overall quality on a lower end 1911.

I would bet it's nothing more than a loaded without front serration's & one sided slide safety & a standard guide rod.OH & a brand new name<<< SMART ADVERTISING!!! >>>
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
To whoever said their dealer was gonna sell them for just over $700, go look on Gunbroker.

The buy-it-now's on the 2 there are right at $1000.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Springfield Armory Hand Guns (Pistols)
SPRGFLD RANGE OFR 45ACP 5'' 7RD BLUE
Product ID: 501496
MFG ID: PI9128LP
$681.99
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#13]
The one on guns america is less than 800. Gunbroker seems to be on crack sometimes. New model=insane prices.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmm...built with the same precision as the TRP?  So we can expect one piece barrels, tighter slide to frame fit than the Loaded, NM numbered frames?

Looking at it another way, if this is a basic TRP with a standard GI bushing, parkerized finish and no front strap checkering, forward cocking serrations or ambi-safety, I'm definitely interested.  The listed price point (TRP quality at a lower price than a Loaded?) has me skeptical.  That'd be a great base gun for a customized build.

You can't get tighter than a NM Loaded, I 've got a couple thousand rds thru mine & the barrel still has NO PLAY between it & the bushing. I think they are just hyping up a different pistol (name) for the money by compairing it to the TRP which I have also. MY TRP is no tighter nor accurate nor dependable than my NM Loaded target. What's the difference ???.....$$$$$ And a little more frill's & that's it.

Think about it how do you get more sales & attention? With a NEW MODEL, good lower priced & compare it to a higher end TRP. It's working look how many post & how much attention it's already got. SMART ADVERTISING!!! For those like me who own both the TRP & the NM Loaded Target. Is your TRP really worth the extra extra money they charge for the TRP? Mine is not!! it's just more frill's & fancy.

Make's me want to cry sometime to think how a lower priced 1911 is as good as my high end 1911's. I'm not including MIM part's etc. compared to bullit proof on the high end's....just accuracy & dependable overall quality on a lower end 1911.

I would bet it's nothing more than a loaded without front serration's & one sided slide safety & a standard guide rod.OH & a brand new name<<< SMART ADVERTISING!!! >>>

Very good point. If and only if this new model, with some better attention to detail and a solid barrel along with minus the front cocking serrations then it would truly be a very good buy.  Currently, some of the best buys are SA Loaded, Kimber Custom, and SA G.I. and Mil-Spec. All have had great fitting of parts and slide to frame fit and all perform even with MIM parts.

It's funny how things ebb and flow. Before it was all about front cocking serrations and full length guide rods. Then the issue of MIM vs. forged. If this gun does have some key quality parts with better fit and combat sights it would be be a very good value. That being siad there is still plenty to change...Ah the 1911. A great tool and a great gun to tinker with...

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 6:00:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Funny thing I noticed from the ones online. They're all marked "1 of 500".

How much you wanna bet there will be a bunch of people that buy these thinking they got some super collectable pistol #1.

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm...built with the same precision as the TRP? So we can expect one piece barrels, tighter slide to frame fit than the Loaded, NM numbered frames?

Looking at it another way, if this is a basic TRP with a standard GI bushing, parkerized finish and no front strap checkering, forward cocking serrations or ambi-safety, I'm definitely interested. The listed price point (TRP quality at a lower price than a Loaded?) has me skeptical. That'd be a great base gun for a customized build.

I dont know if they made a Brazilian target model or not. When I sold guns the only thing was the Trophy Match in the lineup. But I just want to be clear, the Loadeds Im talking about that just look like shit lately are the Brazilian guns. I mean the ones I pick up and look at in the guncase are all kinds of F'd up.

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmm...built with the same precision as the TRP? So we can expect one piece barrels, tighter slide to frame fit than the Loaded, NM numbered frames?

Looking at it another way, if this is a basic TRP with a standard GI bushing, parkerized finish and no front strap checkering, forward cocking serrations or ambi-safety, I'm definitely interested. The listed price point (TRP quality at a lower price than a Loaded?) has me skeptical. That'd be a great base gun for a customized build.

I dont know if they made a Brazilian target model or not. When I sold guns the only thing was the Trophy Match in the lineup. But I just want to be clear, the Loadeds Im talking about that just look like shit lately are the Brazilian guns. I mean the ones I pick up and look at in the guncase are all kinds of F'd up.

You right I have a friend who has the loaded without the NM prefix it's lose, sloppy & the finish has tool mark's. He looked & held & shot mine & wanted to cry. That extra hand fitting they do here in the US make's one hell of a difference. From the one's I've seen anyway.
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#19]
My loaded target has a "NM" prefix on it and it is tight and well made as I would ever want.

It is interesting that some are mediocre and some are so good.

Patrick
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#20]

tag.

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quick question- did the one with Novaks have front cocking serrations? And it only had the strong side saftey- not ambi?

Weird they have such a close model number to the loaded model.

I stopped by the fun shop again today and looked at the Three Springers mentioned above,the one with the fixed sights did in fact have front cocking serations,the other two with Bomar Target sights did Not have them.I compared the three Springer pistols to all the other 1911's they had in stock,to include other model Springers,Kimbers,Para's,Sig's and one Colt.
The three Springers mentioned above were tighter than all the 1911's that this fun shop had in stock-Regardless of Price !!!
I will say that the slide to frame fit of these  Springer 1911's was Equal to my Les Baer 1911-I had my Les Baer with me for comparison.
I do not know if the barrel is a two piece barrel ,sales person did not know either,and did not want to dissasemble the new Springer,the new owner would have that privelage.
In comparing the different 1911's to the Springers,i learned something new about Para's latest 1911-they are now forged frames/slides and not cast !!That is the U.S. made models...(yet still had the crappy MIM parts,been here,wont do it again,learned my lesson.)

Again,the Springers mentioned above were finished slightly different than the regular Loaded springers that this fun shop had in stock.The salesperson said that these have been the most impressive 1911's in fit that they have ever received from Springfield-they immediatetly saw a difference in build quality.And also were very impressed.Especially for the price....
Again,very impressed here with this sub $800 1911.
I currently own Wilsons,Ed Browns,Baers,Springfield TGO,Colt Special Combats and others,I generally look at higher end 1911's and not so much any of the more affordable models,but i am quite impressed with the Springers mentioned above.
Never know,may add one just for the hell of it and run it thru it's paces cause it's alot of 1911 for the price.....Am curious of how it will perform....never know....

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Did the one with carry sights have the Milspec style "classic" serrations, or the wider serrations like the Loaded and TRP?  If they're the "classic' style I think I may just have to start saving pennies again...

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 3:34:58 AM EDT
[#23]
The two piece barrel can be seen through the ejection port. There's a seam towards the front of the barrel hood. Most likely, since it's a US finished gun, it will be one piece.

Since you just stated that it has front cocking serrations, it looks like you saw the Loaded. Maybe they are revamping them and changing them up a little, but it makes sense since the part numbers are basically the same.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 5:13:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The two piece barrel can be seen through the ejection port. There's a seam towards the front of the barrel hood. Most likely, since it's a US finished gun, it will be one piece.

Since you just stated that it has front cocking serrations, it looks like you saw the Loaded. Maybe they are revamping them and changing them up a little, but it makes sense since the part numbers are basically the same.

I did look for the seam on the barrel thru the ejection port and could not see one,i am assuming it is a one piece barrel,but not 100% sure.
I also thought maybe the one with fixed nightsights might be the loaded model,possibly built to a higher quality level than previous loaded models.
Sales person said they recieved the three pistols mentioned above together.All three are Identical except for sights-thumb safety-fcs.
Front cocking serrations are the wide TRP style on the model that had them,that was the fixed sight model.

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:27:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like an "NM" framed Loaded.  I've seen a couple parked Loadeds on "N" frames recently that have been a little rough, rougher even than the "N" framed Milspecs, so the one with carry sights could just be an "NM" framed Loaded, I picked one up myself not too long ago, and it's a great, solid pistol, compares very favorably to my TRP.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Just got off the phone with my store's springer rep.

The Range officer with Adj sights is going to be the only model in this line.

It has the same barrel and frame as a TRP, just without the fancy additions. The slide comes off the same line as the trp parts and will be fitted to the same level of care as the TRP.

Retail is $940 and Suggested dealer is $704

As to what guns are made in the US etc, the TRP, Trophy, MC operator and occasional loaded and mil-spec models are made in IL. The Loaded models flip back and forth between brazil and US manufac depending on parts supply. One month it could be Brazil and the next US. He stated that the vast majority of loaded models are shipping with the one piece barrels these days.
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It has the same barrel and frame as a TRP, just without the fancy additions. The slide comes off the same line as the trp parts and will be fitted to the same level of care as the TRP.

As to what guns are made in the US etc, the TRP, Trophy, MC operator and occasional loaded and mil-spec models are made in IL. The Loaded models flip back and forth between brazil and US manufac depending on parts supply. One month it could be Brazil and the next US. He stated that the vast majority of loaded models are shipping with the one piece barrels these days.

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the info

And when springer lets me buy it with my gun a year deal in Jan, I'll be getting one and adding the harrison sight you posted

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Disappointing that they're not taking the model one step further and having one with Novak sights. This thread has obviously shown a want/need/niche` that can be filled.
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Disappointing that they're not taking the model one step further and having one with Novak sights. This thread has obviously shown a want/need/niche` that can be filled.

if they offered it and people would want front strap checkering and night sights, which would come full circle to a TRP
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The way it was explained to me was that it was too much like the loaded parked nightsight model to justify. Their goal was to have a basic gun that would be legal for a lot of types of pistol comps that a guy could get into without having to have a custom one done.

While I'd like a fixed sight model, I see their point. Now that I know there is no plan to do so, I'll happily get the range officer and some replacement sights.

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if they offered it and people would want front strap checkering and night sights, which would come full circle to a TRP

But, they would have needed to buy it (or have a party interested in Springfield) to figure that out. At which point, that could very well spur on sales of both pistols from 2 areas.

1. From people that want a pistol that's fit that well, but is rather plain so they can mod it as they see fit

and

2. People that just don't want to drop $1400 on a 1911 to get one that's going to be accurate.

I personally fall into the first group. They are actually targeting the people in the second group with this, in my opinion. It's for people that are looking to save money, but still get a decent pistol for competition. If they would market one for carry, they'd sell a whole stinking bunch of them. As of right now, I'm not considering one because of the rear sight (and because I don't like the bulkiness of the Harrison). They are going to limit the numbers of people that want the pistol with the rear sight choice. This very well could be their intent though. They don't have a huge shop in Geneseo, so I doubt they want to have to invest more in workforce and more space to complete a pistol that they can't be making a bunch of money off of in the first place.

Just my $.02. I'm kinda wishing that I didn't have such an aversion to that rear sight, personally. But, what can you do

Quoted:

The way it was explained to me was that it was too much like the loaded parked nightsight model to justify. Their goal was to have a basic gun that would be legal for a lot of types of pistol comps that a guy could get into without having to have a custom one done.

While I'd like a fixed sight model, I see their point. Now that I know there is no plan to do so, I'll happily get the range officer and some replacement sights.

I can see their point. Maybe I'll just have to find a new NM Loaded to make myself happy. My Brazilian finished ones (except for the one I bought new in 2008) have left a little to be desired. Thanks for the info straight from the source. Sure takes a lot of the BS out of the equation!
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Gun #3 Novak Combat night sights,strong side safety,SS Match bushing,one mag,standard markings....Price $779.99

What was the model number on this one?  That is even cheaper than the PX9109LP...which is similarly equipped.

How is Springfield offering 'TRP' fit models at a lower price than a similarly equipped Loaded?

Stopped by a different Fun store today enroute home.At this store they had a PX9109LP -a Loaded Model-in stock,it had the "N" frame.It had the same features as the fixed sight model i mentioned above,But at first glance it seemed the same,so i took a closer inspection.Keep in mind the one i saw at other fun shop was Identical in fit and finish to the two Range Officers in stock and all those three had "NM" frames,only difference being sights-safety-fcs.
This "N" frame model after close inspection has a different finish on the thumb safety,mag release,slide stop.Fit was not as impressive as the other models i saw,play in every direction for slide to frame fit-not too bad though.Trigger was about 6lbs with slight creep,the others were about 4 lbs with no creep.Hammer was blued where as the others had Stainless Delta hammers.And this one was priced at $904.00 !!!!
The only 1911's in this fun store that were fitted as good as the three 1911's mentioned by me at other store,were the Les Baers in this store.
Not sure if i just happen to have stumbled into three Greatly fitted Springers,but somebody at Springfield is doing an awesome job.
Again,very impressive buy at sub $800 for the three 1911's seen.....this "N" model...not so impressive,especially since it's priced more with less quality......

Gonna stop at every fun store i pass during the week and take notes.....curious George now...

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I could be wrong, but I think I remember earlier loaded models being advertised as having the one piece barrels. I know my N numbered 2002 stainless loaded full size has a one piece barrel with a very tight barrel bushing to barrel and slide fit (needed a wrench until I had a few thoussand rounds through it).
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#36]
As far as I can tell, my NM Loaded has the same barrel as my SS TRP, but the fit and finish is a little better on the TRP, particularly the flush extractor and beavertail blending (doesn't really bother me on a working gun, but it is indicative of the effort put into the fitting).  Generally speaking, "NM" framed variants of any of the SA lines seem to be very well built compared to their "N" marked counterparts, though how much of that is "polish" versus "function" is open to debate.  

I understand and agree that an RO with "novaks" would be very similar to the Parked Loaded NS, but I can't help but think that an "NM" framed RO with fixed sights added to the line would go on to outsell the Loaded Parked, again, if for no other reason that what a fantastic base it would make for customer customization, how many times do you see posts like:

"Just got a Milspec, now all I'm gonna do is have the slide milled for sights add a beavertail and commander hammer!"  

Eh, I just wish I could get a good, American-made, forged, parked gun with a Novak cut slide that I could go to town on.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldnt mind a TRP with no FCS and no rollmarks that make me blush at the range. I could live with the 20lpi. I just think it would be nice to have a cheaper/better starting point to send off to the Custom Shop.

Link Posted: 11/16/2010 3:28:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I could be wrong, but I think I remember earlier loaded models being advertised as having the one piece barrels. I know my N numbered 2002 stainless loaded full size has a one piece barrel with a very tight barrel bushing to barrel and slide fit (needed a wrench until I had a few thoussand rounds through it).

I've got one from late 1997-early 1998 that has a 2-piece barrel. Barrel-to-bushing and bushing-to-slide fit sucks. An EGW custom ordered bushing fixed that. My 2008 N-marked Loaded was the exact same story. 2-piece barrel, shitty bushing fit. The 2 GI's I have are the same way.

Link Posted: 11/16/2010 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So I found this 1911 searching for 1911's on Gunsamerica today. I then came over here to read up on 1911's - low and behold, this thread was at the top of the page.
I've been wanting a somewhat plane-jane reliable 1911 for a few years now. My AR building just keeps getting in the way.
I just almost clicked the button on one of these - any reason you all think I shouldn't? I've looked at all sorts of 1911 models - and was thinking about the Colt 70 series government model - or whatever else seemed to be a good deal for what you get. I've shot many 1911's....my favorite was a SA TRP operator. I mainly looking for something reliable - and somewhat accurate (at a $500-$800 range).

Sounds like you know what you need to do.

Well, I just purchased one.
This will be my first 1911 - hopefully one that treats me well and I keep forever. I've shot a few 1911's....and I have no idea on what I would mod/keep stock.
Hopefully it is reliable - and I can just leave it as is.
Hopefully ships out today.
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This will be my first 1911 - hopefully one that treats me well and I keep forever. I've shot a few 1911's....and I have no idea on what I would mod/keep stock.

PICS when you get it!!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I like it.

The Joe Friday 1911.  All the stuff you need without the front serrations and the foo-foo stuff.

No billboard either.  If I was to build a custom 1911, the RO is pretty close to my ideal gun.  

It needs an ambi-safety, magwell, remove the lawyer lock and it's GTG.

I was looking at another AR at tax time.  If I can find an RO at tax time, I'll get it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

PICS when you get it!!!

You got it.
It already shipped out! That was quick! (paid and shipped same day)
I picked it up from Jims off gunsamerica. Seemed like a really nice guy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#44]
I bought a GI two years ago, and used it for a build.  The RO is what I built.  Its a gun for the working man who wants to do some plinking on Saturday afternoon!!  Good on ya Springfield!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I just got mine and it's marked 1 or 500

time to send it to NH for some work

Nice.
I didn't get any of the 500 lot (all marked 1 of 500...lol...still think that's funny).
The guy had the sale pending on that one when I contacted him. I just get a normal one I guess.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 3:43:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You got it.
It already shipped out! That was quick! (paid and shipped same day)
I picked it up from Jims off gunsamerica. Seemed like a really nice guy.

Hi-jack.....
I'm waiting on a stainless Commander XSE from Jim's. He was very helpful with the logistics.
I'm working out of state and needed it shipped and recieved on a certain day, to be able to pick it up. We exchanged several e-mails and phone calls. He always had time to talk and answer my questions.

a-bare
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, I picked her up tonight. Unfortunately, can't shoot her till this weekend - so don't have too much info.
I have a few pics if anyone is interested. I'm sorry I don't know how to break down a 1911 yet...LOL....I have to do some reading.
I've shot many 1911's before (TRP, SA, Colt, Nighthawk) and this one feels pretty dam'd tight. There is zero frame to slide movement - it feels really, really nice.
The frame serial # is marked NM. The trigger to me - I can not tell if it is great - or so/so. Obviously it feels much better than any of my Glocks.
I'm only used to rifle triggers - and it doesn't feel like a Geissele 3.5 lb in a AR. Maybe like a stock AR trigger re-worked by Mr Springfield would be an equivalence to this 1911's trigger. I'm not used to the 1911 take-up (almost like a 2-stage in a AR). The front site has some paint knocked off from the punch on putting in a roll pin it looks like. IMO - it feels and seems very well machined. The mags insert/drop very nicely - and hold back the slide when racked. The 1911 came in a SA case, with 3 mags a double mag holder and a holster (ordered from Jim's off of gunsamerica - great service - quick response!!!) I won't go on and on - cause I'm new to this breed.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#48]
It looks just like my mil spec did when I put Bo-mars on it with an Ed Brown Safety and had a beaver tail fitted.  

Patrick
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Looking at that extractor fit to the rear of the slide there, I'm voting definitely in the Loaded/Milspec class, not the TRP/TM class for build quality.  

Not to impugn your new pistol, I'd be proud to have it myself!

My "NM" framed Loaded and Milspec both have the characteristic SA "not ground flush" extractor and are still excellent pistols, and still great for the price.

Hope you enjoy it, and don't forget the range report!  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Ahhh - I see what you're talking about - yep, makes sense.
This correct? (flush)
(SA TRP)

Also - I can't find much info on the "loaded" model. Is there a difference in barrels between the loaded and mil-spec? Is the loaded a match barrel?
Thanks!!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top