User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Micro and the 238/938 are really more akin to the Colt Mustang while the EMP seems to really be a scaled down 1911. To be fair, the Mustang is basically a 1911 derivative.
View Quote

Agreed. I've wanted the EMP since they debuted, but was just never willing to part with that much money for one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry OP, I know you asked for models, but I gave up on Kimber many years ago. Have had shorts and 5", got rid of all.

Couldn't get 'reliability'.

Out of any.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There was no combat in WW1, WW2, Korea, and Vietnam?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Custom II has a 17% failure rate with hollow points. Wasn't really impressed, and at this point nothing in their catalog really impresses me to the point of spending money on another one.

As much as I enjoy shooting 1911s, I've been pretty vocal about my skepticism of 1911s are a viable modern "combat" pistol overall. At this point, if I get another 1911 it will be a Springfield Pro Rail, Colt M45A1, or STI 2011. The first 2 are guns issued to organizations who shoot A LOT (and oddly tend to use the Glock over their 1911s), and the 3rd is a 15-26 round double stack 9mm.

There was no combat in WW1, WW2, Korea, and Vietnam?

You must have missed the word "modern" in that red highlighted section... Yeah, things have improved a bit since 'Nam.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Micro and the 238/938 are really more akin to the Colt Mustang while the EMP seems to really be a scaled down 1911. To be fair, the Mustang is basically a 1911 derivative.
View Quote

I believe the Micro has 3 parts that interchange with an actual 1911 platform pistol, which is cool honestly. I think they are the mag catch, slide stop and safety IIRC? At any rate none are 1911 platform, just like a Lllama, Star model B and Ballester Molina aren't. They use majorly proprietary parts and abandon basic dimensions and features of an actual 1911. Browning has the 1911-22 and 1911-380 that they created by scaling down a 1911 80%, in other words "1911" in name only, like the EMP, that Springfield chooses to advertise as a 1911. Shares no parts with an actual 1911. A lot of SIGs are likened to a 1911, but can only be considered 'derived' like the Mustang.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

EDITED-SGB

6.) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative
response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful
manner
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Neither of those are 1911s and have nothing to do with what I was talking about in regard to their 1911 line up. Micro is about as "1911" as a SIG P938 or Springfield EMP. If Kimber wants to expand beyond 1911 pistols more power to them. It is certainly in their best interest to have some sort of niche/diverse line up... They won't get another 1911 sale out of me the way things are but that Micro looks interesting. Not sure how they are relative to a discussion in the 1911 forum though. They can make something that works that isn't a 1911? Hey, cool.

EDITED-SGB

6.) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative
response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful
manner

Lol not even close. Feel free to read again why I won't be buying another one anytime soon. I feel that the money would be better spent elsewhere, on one of the handful of other brands that better supports their products and I feel make a better product to start with. Buy ten Kimbers and piss in ten cereal bowls if that what you're in to. I won't care in the slightest.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:22:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:26:09 AM EDT
[#7]
COC
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top