Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Just bought one. I have the custom but the lcp 2 is sooooo much better. The trigger is perfection.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I really want one.  Gotta wait to get it though as I just ordered a Sig P938.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Well took it to the range for the first time. Trigger pull is short and the break is sharp and clean. The reset isnt nearly as bad as it sounded on the original LCP and after a few shots I had no problem hitting it and getting the following shot off. The sights... well, they are the lone weak spot. Very difficult to find the front sight, its more of a guide than anything. I think ill place a dot of white nail polish on it and see if it helps. Recoil isn't bad at all. I shot both Remmington 90gr and Federal Hydra Shock Low Recoil. Both cycled well and the slide locked back on after the last round each time.

Overall Im happy with the buy and with how small it is I can easily carry it in a pocket or AIWB once I find a suitable holster.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Got mine in yesterday.  I like it.  I had it next to my LCP FDE which is the 2nd Gen.  Better sights than the original but still the same trigger.

Nice gun, shoots well. The trigger is a definite improvement.  

Accurate as it needs to be.  I practice 10 foot drills emptying the magazine.  It will keep all the shots on a sheet of 9x11 notebook paper.  6 shots in about 2 seconds
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Put 100 rounds through it today. Shot it with my lcp custom. Th lcp 2 is much better than the lcp custom. The trigger feel Glock like which is fine.

Just be aware that I had an issue using the original lcp mag in the lcp 2. When I used the 6 round lcp mag in the lcp 2 the last round would not feed properly and jam the gun. No issues or malfunction when using the lcp 2 mag.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone with the LCP2 have the G42 also? The new LCP is taller then the old one so I'm curious to see a photo comparison?

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 2:37:14 AM EDT
[#7]
For those who have fired the LCP 2 and the originals, is it painful to shoot? Looks as though the squared off trigger guard is larger than the original and therefore might not slap the trigger finger?

I traded my LCP for a Beretta Pico because the Pico is not painful to shoot. If the LCP 2 is less painful than the originals, I will get an LCP 2.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For those who have fired the LCP 2 and the originals, is it painful to shoot? Looks as though the squared off trigger guard is larger than the original and therefore might not slap the trigger finger?

I traded my LCP for a Beretta Pico because the Pico is not painful to shoot. If the LCP 2 is less painful than the originals, I will get an LCP 2.

View Quote

Better to shoot with larger hands and a bigger trigger finger.  A smaller trigger guard would cause more slap.

The back of the grip is larger to soak up more recoil than the original LCP.  Much more comfortable

Go to the store and try one. You will like it.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I shot about 50 rounds with my LCP2 and then another 50 out of my XDs9 and didn't have and pain afterwards. I was really surprised about how well the little LCP2 shot honestly. My girl has a Pico and I think the LCP2 is easier to shoot and stay on target for followup shots.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just traded the Pico for an LCP 2, shot 250 rounds without malfunction and without any pain.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Better to shoot with larger hands and a bigger trigger finger.  A smaller trigger guard would cause more slap.

The back of the grip is larger to soak up more recoil than the original LCP.  Much more comfortable

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you. Based on your comment here, I bought one and shot 250 rounds with no failures and absolutely no pain whatsoever. LCP 2 is a winner. Glad I have one.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Played with an LCP2 today at my local gunstore

I like it.

it was $269

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I like it.

it was $269

View Quote

Well, did you FO?

I'm going to as soon as I find time to go LGS shopping.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, did you FO?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like it.

it was $269

Well, did you FO?

not yet.    
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked my LCP II up about 4 days ago, it's a nice step up even over the last LCP Custom I had.

I like the trigger and the slide lock back features the best.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:06:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought another LCP II today and it fired 250 rounds without any failure.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
How is the pounding on your hand?

My P3At was just unpleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I just bought one myself for deep "I'm not supposed to carry at work" concealment.

The trigger is SOOOO much nicer than the original LCP. My buddy has one that I shoot every once in awhile and I hit just fine with it, this one should be even better.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I picked up my Hybrid can tonight and was able to dry fire one, it seemed OK and priced OK at $289.00 but I don't think i'll be replacing my G42 or 43 just yet.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I had no idea these were out in the wild yet...til I saw one for sale at the LGS.

Dry fired it and was very impressed with it.
Much improved trigger and reset over the last gen.
Sights were usable.
As a last ditch/pocket gun, it seems like it will work nicely.

Looking forward to seeing a LC9sII.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Guess I know what I'll be buying next year
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely painless. Similar to a Glock 42.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds great. How do they achieve this? Wider grip?

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I fondled one at a LGS the other day. I really liked it but not for $330 will look elsewhere for a lower price.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#26]
I have the original LCP and really like it for what it is, my pocket gun.

As for the LCP II, I'm now considering picking up a couple for each of my daughters. I think it will be more of a multi purpose gun for them; still easily concealable but also a little more friendly for plinking at the range. If it's the only pistol they ever own, it should serve them well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Any more rounds downrange?

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Gt to handle one today.

The trigger was excellent. Takeup, break and reset. Very controllable.

I liked the sights.

However, the grips at the rear seemed way too square to be comfortable shooting a little pocket rocket like this.

Any comment on this?

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Gt to handle one today.

I liked the sights.

However, the grips at the rear seemed way too square to be comfortable shooting a little pocket rocket like this.

Any comment on this?

View Quote

Yeah! Pocket pistols are just that.  Pocket pistols. They're meant to be carried a lot and shot little.  LCPs are not target pistols. Don't expect it. I'm waiting on the prices of the LCP to bottom out then Ill get one just to have it. The LCP II is a solution to a problem tgat doesn't exist. If you're going to be in the need to dump a mag for a tactical reliad you shoukd be carrying something different in the first place. The II just appeases the couch commandos.

Boy!  That was all jacked up from typing on my iPhone. Not fixing it??
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Gt to handle one today.

I liked the sights.

Any comment on this?

View Quote

Those grips are what makes it possible to shoot it without pain. Those grips are great.

The LCP hurt me to shoot. The LCP II doesn't hurt at all and the trigger guard doesn't slap my finger.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I put 100 rounds through mine this week  it was a mixture of Monarch and Fiocchi FMJ, Monarch steel case, and Winchester PDX-1 hollow points.  It functioned flawlessly, and was a pleasure to shoot compared to my first gen LCP.
It's also pretty darn accurate for a pocket pistol.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Fondled one at LGS earlier today. Price is right ($269). Felt great in the hand. Nice trigger.

I wish the slide/barrel had nitride finish vs. blued. I suspect Ruger will come out with a Stainless slide model.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fondled one at LGS earlier today. Price is right ($269). Felt great in the hand. Nice trigger.

I wish the slide/barrel had nitride finish vs. blued. I suspect Ruger will come out with a Stainless slide model.
View Quote

The first one was stupid because the barrel is still blued...looks half assed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#34]
LCP ll prices seem to be all over the map.
Most local gun shops are out of them in my area but the ones that have them are charging a priemum for them.

I went to a gun show today and hjust thought I might find an LCP ll at a good price.
I did $249.95 and I bought it

Vendor prices were for the most part insanely high.
$350.00 seemed to be the going rate for an LCP ll but one guy was asking ......$485.00 for one
Asked him is that the right price and he said yes $485.00 "You cant get them anywhere, they are all sold out"

If he had walked 75  feet down the isle he would seen them priced at $249.95
Just crazy pricing.

The vendor I bought from made the comment " The way some of these guys are pricing things youd think Hillery won."
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

From the 15 and 25, yes. Would I ever use a 380 that far in real life, hell no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its a pocket belly gun meant for phone biith distance gun fights. I find it funny that folks need sights on these guns.

My original LCP is fine for its intended purpose. It is a 2am Stop 'N Rob gym shorts gun.

Some of us like sights on them as we have to do 15 yard qualifications.
Wait.... you actually use the sight to qual?  

Hell, it's the FDLE mandated course of fire.

From the 15 and 25, yes. Would I ever use a 380 that far in real life, hell no.

Even if someone was shooting at you?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Are Lcp ii's susceptable to limp wristing? I've shot my new gun over the weekend, at least 75 rounds but have gotten failure to extract once every mag (blazer brass fmj).

It could be me as I am a new gun enthusiast, going to go back to the range this weekend with different ammo (geco) with limp wristing in mind.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I handled one of these today................feels good in the hand.................trying to decide between one of these and the Remington RM 380 at the moment for a deep conceal gun
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Mrs. Santa just bought me one

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Picked mine up today at the gun show. 289.00 plus tax 308.10. Okay how about some holster recommendations?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Anybody hear any negatives about these? I was thinking of getting my wife one for Christmas, but found a few posts on RugerForum where people are having FTE problems, triggers not resetting and some other issues. There are some people questioning the lack of a firing pin block, saying the LCPII differs from the LCP in that the hammer is fully cocked on the II with only the sear holding it, so the chance of a AD if it is dropped / bumped is much higher than the original LCP where the hammer was only about half cocked until the trigger was pulled.

I may hold off on one for now and let the Ruger "Customer QA process" work these over and see if the lack of a firing pin block actually becomes an issue. It seems like the first gen LCP were recalled for that same reason, and I would like to think Ruger would not pull the same stunt twice, but who knows.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Picked mine up today at the gun show. 289.00 plus tax 308.10. Okay how about some holster recommendations?
View Quote

I got a DeSantis SuperFly last week. It has a removable "flap" that breaks up the outline perfectly. It looks like a cellphone in my front pocket. Shot 100 rnds Sat & not one problem. Love the pistol and holster!
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#42]
"Yes, it has a "Glock-style" trigger safety, and is single action"
View Quote

Eh.  I carry Glocks, but they are not fully cocked and have a striker block.  
I'm waiting to see how these do with reliability and some drop testing.
I fell in love with the RM380 and sold my LCP Custom, but at $199 and $219 the LCP gen2 and Custom are great values.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Man... I'm going to have to research pocket holsters to use for gym shorts.

But I HATE how Ruger has to have Read the Instruction Manual on every damn gun.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Ran about 200 rounds through it today

100% reliable.
I like it much better than my old Kel-tec P3AT

This gun is a keeper

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#45]
I picked one up today for $279. My only complaint would be that it needs to come with 2 mags. $32 of a extra mag is just sad.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I picked one up today for $279. My only complaint would be that it needs to come with 2 mags. $32 of a extra mag is just sad.
View Quote

If you dont care about the lock back on the last round I bought a bunch of OG promag LCP mags for $16.99. So you get 2 for the price of 1. I use these at the range and as my back up mag.

LCP ProMag @ Academy
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Anybody hear any negatives about these? I was thinking of getting my wife one for Christmas, but found a few posts on RugerForum where people are having FTE problems, triggers not resetting and some other issues. There are some people questioning the lack of a firing pin block, saying the LCPII differs from the LCP in that the hammer is fully cocked on the II with only the sear holding it, so the chance of a AD if it is dropped / bumped is much higher than the original LCP where the hammer was only about half cocked until the trigger was pulled.

I may hold off on one for now and let the Ruger "Customer QA process" work these over and see if the lack of a firing pin block actually becomes an issue. It seems like the first gen LCP were recalled for that same reason, and I would like to think Ruger would not pull the same stunt twice, but who knows.
View Quote

I spoke with Ruger today and they confirmed that the only safety the firearm has is the trigger bar.  Ruger states that to safely carry the LCP II you should have an empty chamber.

For a range gun a firing pin block isn't necessary, but for a gun that is marketed as a pocket pistol, Ruger has created an accident waiting to happen. I am sure there are thousands of owners out there that will disregard Ruger's recommendation, and when the first one malfunctions they are looking at an expensive lawsuit and recall.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I spoke with Ruger today and they confirmed that the only safety the firearm has is the trigger bar.  Ruger states that to safely carry the LCP II you should have an empty chamber.

For a range gun a firing pin block isn't necessary, but for a gun that is marketed as a pocket pistol, Ruger has created an accident waiting to happen. I am sure there are thousands of owners out there that will disregard Ruger's recommendation, and when the first one malfunctions they are looking at an expensive lawsuit and recall.
View Quote

The firing pin spring is pretty heavy so I'm sure the pistol will pass drop tests.  

I'm more concerned about the new and improved trigger.  It is very much shorter and lighter than the original.  If pocket carry is a requirement some sort of holster that covers the trigger is an absolute necessity now.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The firing pin spring is pretty heavy so I'm sure the pistol will pass drop tests.  

I'm more concerned about the new and improved trigger.  It is very much shorter and lighter than the original.  If pocket carry is a requirement some sort of holster that covers the trigger is an absolute necessity now.  
View Quote

I am not worried about the firing pin slipping forward if it fell against a hard surface, what concerns me is if the sear slips. If the sear slips or malfunctions on impact the hammer falls and the chambered round is fired.  If they had included a firing pin block, then the hammer could fall but the round would not be fired unless the trigger was pulled.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I am not worried about the firing pin slipping forward if it fell against a hard surface, what concerns me is if the sear slips. If the sear slips or malfunctions on impact the hammer falls and the chambered round is fired.  If they had included a firing pin block, then the hammer could fall but the round would not be fired unless the trigger was pulled.
View Quote

I'm no engineer but it looks to me like the LCP hammer is pretty beefy at the sear engagement notch. Also the gun has a half-cock that will catch the hammer if it does somehow get jarred loose.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top