BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Note on the White Poly80 frame. They yellow with age. Keep out off the sunlight. If you are hanging it up in your office. That is why I Dyed mine in Blue.
View Quote
Thank you for that tip. I will hang it so the sun does not hit it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:31:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Are there any kits that have a g19 sized frame with a 17 or 34 length slide?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are looking for a P80 940CL but unfortunately I'm pretty sure they are discontinued.

MidwayUSA was the last I'm aware that had any but showing out of stock now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:09:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I was bored today and had a muzzle device laying around so I opened it up for 9mm and put it on one of my polymer 80. Not sure if I will keep it on this or move it to my sub 2000.

I really need to find another project.

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I've always hated the Glock 20 grip so I figured I'd give the PF45 a try in 10mm.  Glad I did.  It is MUCH better than the factory Glock grip.

Attachment Attached File

Rockslide slide, OEM barrel, Zev Fulcrum trigger, OD green RMR, Ameriglo sights, Vickers mag catch.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wish that Polymer 80 would bring back the 940CL frame. One has so many options with that frame. I have built several of them. The 940CL is also the easiest frame to modify for a Gen 4/5 slide to fit too.

Here are a couple of my 940CL builds. The FDE frame has a Polymer 80 brand slide and the Cobalt frame has a G34 Goon slide from 80P Builders. Both have Swampfox Kingslayer red dots.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:22:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wish that Polymer 80 would bring back the 940CL frame. One has so many options with that frame. I have built several of them. The 940CL is also the easiest frame to modify for a Gen 4/5 slide to fit too.

Here are a couple of my 940CL builds. The FDE frame has a Polymer 80 brand slide and the Cobalt frame has a G34 Goon slide from 80P Builders. Both have Swampfox Kingslayer red dots.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/101824/CL_with_Kingslayer_jpg-1825969.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/101824/Cobalt_G34_jpg-1825970.JPG
View Quote

that bottom gun is what I want plus a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:13:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Any slides or parts to avoid when building out a gst 9? I bought one on a whim and just want to make sure it cycles properly. I was planning to add an agency barrel PMM comp, and an rmr.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any slides or parts to avoid when building out a gst 9? I bought one on a whim and just want to make sure it cycles properly. I was planning to add an agency barrel PMM comp, and an rmr.

Thanks!
View Quote
Yes there is. avoid anything from Rock Slide USA/RWG along with the Ebay seller ammomagusa. Unless of course you like to gamble because you have about a 50/50 chance of actually getting a slide from Rock Slide that actually works and doesn't break on you within the first 200 or so rounds.

I made the mistake of getting one of their G23 slides and it was out of spec, burrs everywhere, and excessive Cerakote that had to be cleaned up. I had to open up the front of the slide for the recoil spring assembly to fit along with the firing pin hole in breech face since it was too small. I had to deburr the firing pin channel, extractor groove and extractor plunger channel. I had to remove excess coating on the breech face. And I have yet to get any aftermarket barrel to work in the slide without issues. It will only function reliably with an OEM barrel.

Others have had their slides break right at the slide stop notch or at the nose where guide rod hole is.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes there is. avoid anything from Rock Slide USA/RWG along with the Ebay seller ammomagusa. Unless of course you like to gamble because you have about a 50/50 chance of actually getting a slide from Rock Slide that actually works and doesn't break on you within the first 200 or so rounds.

I made the mistake of getting one of their G23 slides and it was out of spec, burrs everywhere, and excessive Cerakote that had to be cleaned up. I had to open up the front of the slide for the recoil spring assembly to fit along with the firing pin hole in breech face since it was too small. I had to deburr the firing pin channel, extractor groove and extractor plunger channel. I had to remove excess coating on the breech face. And I have yet to get any aftermarket barrel to work in the slide without issues. It will only function reliably with an OEM barrel.

Others have had their slides break right at the slide stop notch or at the nose where guide rod hole is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Great, thank you
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Great, I just built a 10mm with a Rockslide slide.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I put together a  .45ACP with a Rockslide slide as well. Haven't had time to shoot it yet but everything fits properly.

It's too bad that they have problems. I bought it because I like the way they look.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Just finished another. Strike Industry P80. This one the rails were great. To bad they are discontinued. The black with a Sprinta slide.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Hopefully you guys that bought Rock Slides have good luck with them. You have a 50/50 chance of getting a good or bad slide from them.

What is the problem with Rock Slide you ask???????

There is plenty wrong with them starting with their lack of quality control. Seriously do a search on the forum for Rock Slide and you will see all of the people that have had issues with them. To include the slides breaking.

On my G23 slide, the guide rod hole and firing pin hole were both machined to small and and both had to be opened up just to install parts.

I also had some serious work to do in removing burrs everywhere to include:

1.   firing pin channel
  2.   extractor groove
  3.   extractor plunger channel
  4.   breech face
  5.   back of slide where cover goes.

I also had to excess coating on the breech face and extractor groove (along with deburr) before the OEM barrel would even fit. None of the aftermarket barrels I tried will work with this slide. I even made sure to properly hand fit some barrels and they still don't work.

Rock Slide also does not properly heat treat and temper their slides. We have had many instances where the slides have cracked or broke.

1.   Slide crack/break right at the slide stop lever notch.
  2.   Nose of slide break around the guide rod hole
  3.   Top of slide right in front of barrel break and peel like a banana.

9 times out of ten when someone has an issue with their build and they used a slide from Rock Slide, it has been found that the slides are out of spec.

Also their customer service is very lacking when it comes to taking care of customers that receive bad slides.

So yes there is a definite and legitimate reason why people do not like anything from Rock Slide USA and why we tell everyone to stay away from them

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#16]
The last thing I would want is for my handgun (where I cut corners to save a few $$$) to blow up in my hands.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hopefully you guys that bought Rock Slides have good luck with them. You have a 50/50 chance of getting a good or bad slide from them.

There is plenty wrong with them starting with their lack of quality control. Seriously do a search on the forum for Rock Slide and you will see all of the people that have had issues with them. To include the slides breaking.

On my G23 slide, the guide rod hole and firing pin hole were both machined to small and and both had to be opened up just to install parts.

1.   firing pin channel
  2.   extractor groove
  4.   breech face

I also had to excess coating on the breech face and extractor groove (along with deburr) before the OEM barrel would even fit. None of the aftermarket barrels I tried will work with this slide. I even made sure to properly hand fit some barrels and they still don't work.

Rock Slide also does not properly heat treat and temper their slides. We have had many instances where the slides have cracked or broke.

9 times out of ten when someone has an issue with their build and they used a slide from Rock Slide, it has been found that the slides are out of spec.

Also their customer service is very lacking when it comes to taking care of customers that receive bad slides.

So yes there is a definite and legitimate reason why people do not like anything from Rock Slide USA and why we tell everyone to stay away from them

View Quote

100 rounds through mine so far with zero issues so fingers crossed...

It functioned great right off the bat, bone dry without lube.  I know cracks will take time to appear, if they happen.  Hopefully the beefier 10mm slide won't have the same issues.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

1.   firing pin channel
  2.   extractor groove
  4.   breech face

View Quote

Thanks. I hadn't noticed any of the bad reports before buying the slide. If Lone Wolf had 21 slides in stock I'd just buy one and sell the Rock Slide on ebay. The way things are now, I guess I will be giving the Rock Slide a chance. It's too bad because I think they make a great looking slide.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Unfortunately I had to do quite a bit to mine before I could even install any parts. And others have had theirs break between 100- 250 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Unfortunately I had to do quite a bit to mine before I could even install any parts. And others have had theirs break between 100- 250 rounds.
View Quote

It must be luck of the draw. Mine went together just as easily as my other slides. The breaking issue is concerning though. Maybe I will back order a 21 slide elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Looking for some help here, I’m in the process of building my Strike80 frame but can never seem to grab the strike80 mag wells when they restock. Is anyone using a mag well OTHER than strike industries on their strike80?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Looking for some help here, I’m in the process of building my Strike80 frame but can never seem to grab the strike80 mag wells when they restock. Is anyone using a mag well OTHER than strike industries on their strike80?
View Quote

Nope. I'm waiting for three of them to come in stock as we speak.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looking for some help here, I'm in the process of building my Strike80 frame but can never seem to grab the strike80 mag wells when they restock. Is anyone using a mag well OTHER than strike industries on their strike80?
View Quote
The only other option that I have seen were some aluminum mag wells on Ebay for $65 or more.

And the Strike 80 is different enough that a magwell for a P80 or OEM Glock frame will not work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just finished another. Strike Industry P80. This one the rails were great. To bad they are discontinued.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Just finished another. Strike Industry P80. This one the rails were great. To bad they are discontinued.

I was curious about this, so I did a quick Google search. Found this on Reddit, posted a week ago:

I saw a post on here earlier saying the Strikes were being discontinued, and that MDX was receiving the last batch.

So, I reached out to Strike Industries for some clarification and an explanation. They were kind of confused as to why I would think this, so I explained that there some talk going around about it. They assured me that is not the case, and the next batch is CURRENTLY in production. We will be seeing the next major restock somewhere between 2-3 weeks, but likely right around the beginning of next month.

Strike Industries claimed the Strike 80 frames are neither permanently nor temporarily discontinued.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You are looking for a P80 940CL but unfortunately I'm pretty sure they are discontinued.

View Quote

Can't you put a 17 slide on a 19 frame with just the addition of the little half moon filler under the front of the slide?  The 34 slide is a little longer than the 17, so couldn't you just find a bigger filler piece?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Can't you put a 17 slide on a 19 frame with just the addition of the little half moon filler under the front of the slide?  The 34 slide is a little longer than the 17, so couldn't you just find a bigger filler piece?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you can not use a Gen 3 (or Gen 4) G17 slide on a Gen 3 G19 or 940C frame. The barrel lugs are totally different between the G17 and G19. Also the front locking block rails on the Polymer 80 904C (G19) and 940v2 (G17) are also different.

G17 barrel above a G19 barrel. Notice the difference in the locking lugs.

Attachment Attached File

940C on left of a 940CL (uses G17 slide). Again notice the difference in the front locking block rails.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No you can not use a Gen 3 (or Gen 4) G17 slide on a Gen 3 G19 or 940C frame.
View Quote
Yes, you can.  You just have to use a Gen 5 17 or an aftermarket 19L barrel.  There will be a gap between the recoil spring tab on the slide and the dustcover on the frame.  LoneWolf makes a piece that fills that in.  Or Brownells makes a 19L slide that is essentially a 17 slide with that area already filled in.  There's also the Glock 47 slide which is the same thing as the Brownells 19L slide, but it's never been released to the public.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No you can not use a Gen 3 (or Gen 4) G17 slide on a Gen 3 G19 or 940C frame. The barrel lugs are totally different between the G17 and G19. Also the front locking block rails on the Polymer 80 904C (G19) and 940v2 (G17) are also different.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/101824/IMG_2133_jpeg-1838397.JPG

940C on left of a 940CL (uses G17 slide). Again notice the difference in the front locking block rails.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/101824/C_vs_CL_FLBR_jpg-1838400.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/101824/IMG_2133_jpeg-1838397.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/101824/C_vs_CL_FLBR_jpg-1838400.JPG

I believe Brownells makes a G19 Long Slide and barrel to solve this issue.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I did a Strike 80. Actually have parts for a 2nd coming too. Going to play around with some multicam urban. Here's my first config:

Then my second:

Really dig the crowned barrel. I'll play around with the parts/colors and see what I like the best, ha.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I believe Brownells makes a G19 Long Slide and barrel to solve this issue.
View Quote
Yes they do.

BROWNELLS - 19LS SLIDE & BARREL KIT FOR GLOCK
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Came out pretty well. Suarez G35 slide coated locally (Battleworn Burnt Bronze), the barrel shown is the .357SIG and the threaded .40 is elsewhere. I enjoy .40 suppressed a lot more than .357 comped, but all that extra weight by the muzzle makes it real easy to shoot.

Swampfox Justice + steel shield works well, though it did catch some soot and lube spray.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Will add a pic later.  Did a Poly 80 940C (19 size) last night to match my 26.  Had lots of trouble.  The jig had the pins being drilled a smidge too low for the rear insert but o filed the insert some to fix.  

Then the trigger would not release the firing pin.  So I had to remove a little material and it got close but no cigar.  Then I remembered I had a Glock 17 trigger and - connector in my parts bin.  That fixed it but I was really excited for the flat trigger.  Guess I will buy an overwatch.

May order another lower.   Do they sell it without the jig?

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:39:52 AM EDT
[#33]
My new favorite P80
Top pic shows the most accurate color of the slide (metallic gray). The back plate is real silver so it should patina nicely over time.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Here is my contribution, Built it before doing much/any research (especially Rockslide USA though my slide seems fine so far)
The initial plan was econo Gucci after shooting a buddies P80 build with Lighting Tap SPSR trigger by Alpha One from Delta Team Tactical.
Which fixes the biggest complaint I've had with any Glock type pistol for years, making the trigger feel more like a 1911 than the usual cap gun Glock trigger
To date, one range trip 100 rounds down range no malfunctions whatsoever using magazines from
Glock, Magpul and A.C. Unity.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone making a G26/27/33 sized P80 anymore?

EDIT: Found - Clicky

If these auctions dont pan out on GB, Im throwing down. I have 2 G26 frames I am winning on GB now, this would take the place of that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

The PF940SC from Polymer80 is the one I'm aware of that made one in that size, but nobody seems to have them in stock.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The PF940SC from Polymer80 is the one I'm aware of that made one in that size, but nobody seems to have them in stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes the 940SC is the same size as the G26/27/33. Polymer 80 makes their frames in batches. We are all waiting for the 940SC batch to be ran.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 2:21:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Got some upgrades
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 3:08:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Very nice, really like the color combo!
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Only need a Strike 80 magwell, some sights and the droop fix before I'm calling this done...

Attachment Attached File

Also, I've seen a bunch of people asking about holsters.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

UM Tactical. I had to add two additional thin rubber spacers but after that she was good to go.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#41]
600 rounds down range, some stovepipes, BTF and misfeeds in first few hundred rounds.

I changed ejector to Gen 4, realized that the issues were probably related more to weak rounds: Blazer brass and weak reloads. The last 270 rounds ejected strongly and recoil was stiffer, zero misfeeds or stovepipes.

Note the split Glock magazine. It’s one of those non-drop free ones, the plastic overcoat split over the years. It still works, though.

My better Reloads were 147gr Ranier RN, 4.3gr VV N350 done in 2013 at about a dime per round.

Brownell’s slide, Silencerco threaded barrel, Glock slide parts, Rockey Brass frame parts, Brownell’s Coyote Polymer80 frame. Mags used are Glock, Magpul and a couple of no name, no witness hole magazines. I’ll have to try my Osprey suppressor on this.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Think I got my trigger issues figured out.  Thread protector on its way, time to think sights and optic.  This is some what a budget build so maybe Swampfox optic.  Sights I'm clueless on.

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Got my PF45 put together.

KKM .45 barrel+comp is on the way, but using OEM for now.
LWD custom slide with MOS cut
Dawson sights
OPF-G RMR plate with Holosun HE508T-RD X2
Overwatch Precision minus connector and Poly trigger

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#44]
12 rounds of .45 ACP in a Strike80 frame.  Still waiting on a slide and barrel.

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Just a FYI.  If you're looking for a holster that's as custom as your P80,  check out Legacy Firearms Co. It's a bit pricey and the wait is long (about 45 days or so), but the holster fits perfect regardless what you add to it. Most holster companies only accommodate certain brand firearms/optics/lights, Legacy realizes that there are more brands out there then just Glock, Sig, trijicon and surefire.

This holster is custom to my pistol
P80 frame
Swampfox optic
Olight Valkyrie mini2
suppressor height sights

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 3:34:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Finished my first build, and it was a blast.

I may end up having to get one more before they clamp down on these.

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Here is my latest build. It is a Lone Wolf Freedom Wolf 80% frame and a G44 22lr slide. It passed all safety/function tests and hand cycles dummy rounds just fine. I tested it out today by shooting 200 rounds of CCI Mini Mags and about 50 rounds of Aquila Super Extra. It worked great. Now if someone could just make a reliable and functioning optics cut slide for the G44 I would be a happy camper.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:41:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#49]

That's awesome!  Family night!
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#50]
All your P80's belong to Joe!
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top