Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Has anyone seen a 17 to 19 chop?  Or a 19 to 26?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
So I hate to be that guy, but with these polymer lowers not having the bump on the back of the grip, do y'all's pistols tend to point a little lower than standard Glocks?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I hate to be that guy, but with these polymer lowers not having the bump on the back of the grip, do y'all's pistols tend to point a little lower than standard Glocks?
View Quote
Yes, it points like a Hi Power.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've seen few of the 19 slides on a frame that was cut to a 26, but Polymer80 is releasing a G26/G27 frame in the very near future. Seems a good reason to hold out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't know how a Hi Point points, but I'm going to compare the stock Glock and the Poly80 when I get home tonight. You've got me intrigued now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, it points where it SHOULD... unlike a Glock (which points high). It’s a 1911 grip angle, which is generally considered the most natural grip angle there is.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't know how a Hi Point points, but I'm going to compare the stock Glock and the Poly80 when I get home tonight. You've got me intrigued now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi Power, not hipoint.  About like a 1911 with arched mainspring housing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, the grip angle is intentionally different than stock Glock.

To me, the PF940s point "normally", meaning like most of the other handguns I own and shoot.

A stock Glock requires me to awkwardly bend my wrists down to get the correct sight pic.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Went home last night to compare grip angles and pointing reference, etc. I even pulled out a couple 1911's to compare. The Poly80 DEFINITELY points different and as others have already said, it's more akin to a 1911 grip angle. At least that's how I'd describe it. I like it better to be honest and through the limited shooting Iv'e done with it, going back and forth between my OEM Glock and the Poly, I prefer the poly and it feels more natural, points better and I feel like I get better groups. Not to say that there is anything wrong with my stock Glock, I LOVE those ladies, I am just having an affair right now with Poly80.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 2:19:49 AM EDT
[#10]

PF940c. All stock Glock parts (17 lower parts kit, 19 (trimmed) slide lock spring, 19 upper parts kit), Olight PL-mini, Swenson slide/barrel.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8f4CxVrss4
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:40:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Still waiting on some gray Vickers mag floor plates, but otherwise this is done.

P80c in gray.  $120 shipped/sale
Heavy Armory Division stainless beadblasted slide and barrel $340 shipped heavyarmorydivision.com/ebay
Overwatch TAC trigger in gunmetal gray w/black safety $125 shipped ebay
Truglo fiber optic sights $47 shipped ebay
"Ghost" pacman rear plate $13 shipped ebay
Satin stainless p80 pin set $15 shipped ebay
Satin chrome slide stop lever $20 shipped ebay
Vickers Tango Down extended magazine release in gray $18 shipped ebay
Glock OEM upper slide parts kit $93 shipped ebay ($70 sale before shipping from Midway but was on B/O, didn't want to wait)
Ghost 3.5 lb connector $11 shipped ebay
Trigger spring, magazine release spring, trigger housing, slide lock and spring: $44 shipped ebay (probably should have bought another lower kit off Midway for $45 + shipping, but oh well)

$846 as pictured if my math is correct.  Could have done it for around $600 if I'd used all OEM parts, but still kept aftermarket slide and barrel and used take-off sights.  Haven't taken it to the range yet, as a couple pieces just showed up yesterday.  I had hoped the trigger was going to be more of a gray and match the rest of the build idea, but even in their own pictures, the Overwatch triggers seem to vary in color.  If I'd known ahead of time, I might have went with either a different trigger that was more gray, or used black pins and extended slide stop. I thought about using black pins and painting the ends to match the gray frame.  I almost bought the polished extractor from, can't recall if it was Lonewolf or Apex, but wanted to use OEM internals for starters to see how it works. It would have been primarily to match/coordinate with the barrel.  I think I should have gone ahead and bought the Gen4 ejector.  Seems a lot of the P80 builds work better with that change. I also shaved off the back end of the bump/ramp/chevron under the slide stop.  P80 needs to move that back a milimeter or 2.  Doesn't really affect function, just looks bad when it doesn't line up well.  Decided to go with the fiber optic sights as I have not used any in the past.  I'm a Trijicon guy, but since this isn't really going to get used for anything other than a range gun or conversation starter, I didn't want to spend the extra money.  I like how they look/work though.  They aren't too big so as to detract from the look of the build I wanted.  Same with the trigger.  Had not tried a flat trigger yet and wanted something different for this build.  So far I like it, though I won't be spending that kind of money to convert any of my others over.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

When I ordered the frame, I wasn't sure I was even going to build it.  Wanted to see how the frame felt.  It feels good.  Not perfect, but good.  I had ordered the slide and barrel before it arrived, figuring if I didn't like the P80, I could use the slide on the new Gen3 frame I had picked up.  Once it arrived though, I planned out the rest of the Gray Ghost Gun build.  Pretty happy with the way it turned out.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice looking build. I like the Heavy Armor Division slide and the grey frame looks great with it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:44:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks!  Gray floor plates showed up today.  Sacrificed one and shaved the sides down so it more closely resembles a factory base plate instead of the oval shaped Vicker's.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Phone didn't reset the contrast from the last time I took pics.  Sunlight washed everything out.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:19:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Some great looking guns
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've seen few of the 19 slides on a frame that was cut to a 26, but Polymer80 is releasing a G26/G27 frame in the very near future. Seems a good reason to hold out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But would the 26 frame fit a 19 slide?  That's what I want.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, LoneWolf makes a filler for the slide gap.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I've finally got around to building one of my Polymer80 PF940v1.5 frames.   I was patient, using various sales to slowly gather up the parts to complete.

I haven't shot it yet.  It does function check.  The hardest part was fitting the rear rails to the slide.  Worst experience was dealing with 21 Sports Tactical's poor quality of work.  This was my first time stippling a handgun.  Even after using a ruler to mark my borders, I was still sloppier then I like.

Overall, I enjoyed the build.  Looking forward to building more 80% polymer pistols.

Swenson slide with free barrel
Lonewolf lightened striker
wolf reduced striker spring
JP extended/paddle mag catch
25 cent trigger job
Glock lower parts kit
Glock upper parts kit
Glock OEM sights

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Can I make this with a 80% 19 frame or are the rails in the same place as on the OEM 19 frame?
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can I make this with a 80% 19 frame or are the rails in the same place as on the OEM 19 frame?
https://s9.postimg.org/4e8bkub1b/IMG_0045.jpg
View Quote
No, the dust cover isn't cut for a dual recoil spring.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a poly80 g17 and I am hanging an issue with it.  
Poly80 frame
Swanson  slide and barrel
Flock lower parts kiglock upper parts kit
1 magpul and one flock 17 magazine
My issues:
Every once in a while the slide will lock back like the magazine is empty  but still have rounds left.  I just hit the slide release and it goes right in to battery.
I did notice  the slide stop had a lot of side to side travel.  The sppring seamed to be right.  
Today I used vice grips and squeeze  the slide stop together and this took out all the side to side  play.  I have  not shot it since I adjusted the slide stop.   Could this side to side  slop be the cause of the slide stop to. Engage  on its own?

I tried to put a plug in the  hole in the grip but the one I ordered didn't fit in the hole.  Is there any plug that can fill the one in the poly80 frame?

I am. Noticing  that the poly80 frame isn't exactly the same as the glock
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Is there a middle texture between the "aggressive" one brownells sells and the ready mod?
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is there a middle texture between the "aggressive" one brownells sells and the ready mod?
View Quote
Yes, the regular texture.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Just finished my frame tonight. Borrowed a slide from one of my other 19s while I wait for the Swenson to arrive.

Swenson slide, upper parts kit, and lower parts kit should be here middle next week. Have a factory Glock threaded barrel that will be going in it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Family photo:

Top is my compact which I have talked about in various threads. Almost 3K rounds with zero problems at all. 100% stock Glock parts
Middle is my sons G17 clone using a Swensen slide otherwise everything else is stock Glock. 16 year old son did all the work  - milling and drilling plus assembly. App 500 rounds fired again with zero issues
Bottom is my G22 clone using a parts kit from Center fire systems. Only 100 rounds fired but ran just like my others. (BTW - great kit. My slide looked as new and came with Glock night sights that glow bright enough to see across my shop with the lights off)

The V2 frames were bought at different times and thru different sellers. We did not experience any of the rear rail issues other have found. Front rails were tight, but pressed right in.

Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#28]
PF940v2 frame, Stock G22 slide and lpk. With 1 mag, total costs was $470.

Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^^^^This is correct.
Even though the standard Poly80 texture (black frame below) is actually coarser than the Brownells aggressive texture (FDE frame below), the high points of the texture are sharper on the Brownells, giving it a much 'stickier' feel. It is hard to get a picture of it but you can see the sharp high points on the Brownells frame at back strap area of the grip in the first picture.

Personal preference- I like the Brownells better but there is nothing wrong with the standard texture.

Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Thank you for those pics.  I had been wondering, that the Brownells, looked more fine/consistant on the sides, how they were claiming the more aggressive texture.  Now I know.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#32]
In Green with a G22 parts Kit.

Trimmed the trigger guard and the beavertail a little to make it look less blocky.

Techrep
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In Green with a G22 parts Kit.

https://s26.postimg.org/lavnma7u1/20180204_221938.jpg

Trimmed the trigger guard and the beavertail a little to make it look less blocky.

Techrep
View Quote
Ok - I like that mod to the trigger guard. Well done
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#34]
https://i.imgur.com/dd6x0fa

imgur doesn't work here I guess. anyways I tried
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
It should, copy the direct link from imgur and paste the link into the image button(the one with the mountain).
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Either use the image button or tags.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Lower is done, I’ll get the slide finished one day.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#38]
I have Glock.

20180215_081530 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr

20180215_081457 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Either use the image button or tags.
View Quote
I'm new to imgur. explain?
theres several links they offer. I copy but it refuses to let me "paste" in arfcom post. I have to manualy type it. and still doesn't show up. tried other links
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#40]
First attempt.  Put it together from sales over the last couple months;
P80c - $127 shipped
Lone Wolf LPK - $53
Brownells Slide - $150
SilencerCo Barrel - $125
Upper Completion Kit - $70
Sights - $70
So, right around $600

So far I don't like the trigger....hoping it smooths out with use.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:31:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Following a fair share of barrel fitment issues, it's done.
Range time tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Just a few of mine.  This is addicting!

Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I like the Robin's Egg.  I'm probably going to build one for my wife, she loves the color.  Is that a factory Glock slide?  What finish is on it?

Quoted:
Just a few of mine.  This is addicting!

http://i.imgur.com/4V1vC8I.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9VXxg0T.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#44]
No great pics, but just built my first. Already ordered another G19, and a G17 version.

Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone have experience with the CMC drop-in triggers in the poly-80's?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I like the Robin's Egg.  I'm probably going to build one for my wife, she loves the color.  Is that a factory Glock slide?  What finish is on it?
View Quote
I always use factory Glock slides all factory Glock internals.  They are cheaper and far more reliable then most of the aftermarket parts and just plain work.  I've experienced NONE of the issues that a lot of folks seem to be having.  The slide is done in Satin Aluminum Cerakote.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I played around with top ends on my new toy.  I like them.  They definitely feel different than a Glock.  No flex issues in the magwell or accessory rail either, very firm, some mag rattle.

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Trimmed the trigger guard so it would fit this holster properly.
20180220_161227 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
It's a V-Hawk for a 26...but it was $28 dollars and I can deal with a 1/4" of gun sticking out if it.

The difference is pretty subtle.

IMG_20180220_202411 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
20180220_161652 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:50:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Very interested in this, did the AA upper drop right in without additional modifications?
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top