Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2019 5:57:23 PM EDT
See 9/3 update on last post of page 1.

I had 2 of the regular P365 guns fail on me. One at about 400 rounds and the other at about 1200 rounds. The failures were trigger/spring related, not striker. Both issues rendered the guns dead and useless. Both guns were purchased at the end of 2018 and beginning of 2019. So I gave up on the regular P365 as my carry gun.

So the P365 XL comes out and I hear lots of good things about it. No primer drag, shoots like a bigger gun, still small, etc. So I buy one. Today I took it to the range for the first time.

I cleaned and lubricated it prior to firing round one. I put 250 rounds of Fiochhi 124gr., Winchester White box 115gr., Speer 124gr. Gold Dot, Federal 124gr. HST. Almost every magazine fired had stoppages where the gun wouldn't go into battery. I had to hit the back of the slide and it would then go into battery and fire the round. Some magazines yielded 2 or 3 stoppages. Some mags experienced 6 or more stoppages.  I tried both magazines with the same results. Things did not get better with more rounds through the gun. Obviously this is unacceptable for a carry gun so I am going to return it to SIG for service.

On the plus side, the gun shoots fantastic and is really accurate. The trigger is really nice.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am really trying to love these guns from Sig, but right now I am not sure they have their shit together.

I will patiently wait for my 3rd P365 variant to come back from service so I can try it again. Very frustrating and disappointing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Have a 365 from 9/2018 that has been perfect so far. Little over 500 rounds of assorted so far.

365XL coming monday. I've read that there is a piece of scrap plastic in the striker channel on a lot of guns. Once that's out, seems to work ok.
I'll be checking mine prior to firing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have a 365 from 9/2018 that has been perfect so far. Little over 500 rounds of assorted so far.

365XL coming monday. I've read that there is a piece of scrap plastic in the striker channel on a lot of guns. Once that's out, seems to work ok.
I'll be checking mine prior to firing.
View Quote
Is that piece of plastic supposed to affect the gun going into battery? I doubt that would be associated with the issue I'm having. I checked mine and there is no plastic there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#4]
That sucks.

I had some FTE with used mags of unknown background with my regular 365, but it’s been solid with all magazines I have purchased new myself.

I installed the factory flat trigger in mine and finally took it out this week. I only had time to put about 50 rounds through it, but it ran great. I was breaking in the new 15 round mag, too.

Hope everything works out. I’m not that interested in the XL at this time.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
This is disappointing.  I had thoughts about this gun (even though I don't think 9mm is adequate) as a carry piece when more concealment was necessary.

I have a question about this statement:

I had to hit the back of the slide and it would then go into battery and fire the round.
View Quote
Did you mean what you typed, that the gun would fire as the slide went into battery?  Or did you mean; I had to hit the back of the slide and it would then go into battery, and the round would fire when the trigger was pulled.

If it's the former I'm even more worried.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is disappointing.  I had thoughts about this gun (even though I don't think 9mm is adequate) as a carry piece when more concealment was necessary.

I have a question about this statement:

Did you mean what you typed, that the gun would fire as the slide went into battery?  Or did you mean; I had to hit the back of the slide and it would then go into battery, and the round would fire when the trigger was pulled.

If it's the former I'm even more worried.
View Quote
Sorry I was not more clear.  I had to hit the back of the slide and it would then go into battery, and the round would fire when the trigger was pulled. 

If I hit the back of the slide and the round went off I would have stopped much sooner than 250 rounds.

ETA: I am seeing similar stories in other forums about the XL. For some folks it stopped after lots more rounds. For others it continued with all types of ammo even after a lot of rounds. With others it only worked with specific types of ammo.

If this is my carry gun, it had better work with just about anything I put through it. I'm coming from Glocks and M&P's and both will feed and fire damn near everything with boring reliability.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Take a look on sigtalk, there are instances where
a small cylindrical piece of plastic has been found
loose in the striker with no obvious use or explanation...
guns seem to run fine with it removed ?
I'm curious, my 365 has run flawlessly so far, over 2000rd's
I'm gonna pick up an XL after they get shaken out a little more,
look forward to your update.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#8]
My 365 was doing that, I found it to be the extreme magazine pressure seemed to be slowing the slide down. I left the mags loaded for a while and eventually all mags were running 100%. I also did a tiny bit of polishing to the center bar inside the slide, it had some machining marks on it that could cause a little drag.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#9]
No excuses for poor performing guns these days.  Get rid of it.  Sig has a record of bad performance at this point.  I do believe sig to be a good company but some recent offerings just dont stack up.  I dont care what the fix may be or how simple it is, in the end it will not be worth it.  I like sig but guns that malfunction like this are not an option.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Jesus.

Every time I'm about to purchase one for CC, I see a thread like this.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I own several Sig firearms. P239, P226, P228, P220. They are all reliable. My experience with their polymer micro offerings has been just the opposite.

For a CCW gun with the price tag of a 365 or 365XL I should not have to remove plastic, polish metal, work on magazines and try 10 different SD rounds to find one that will work reliably.

I am amazed that some folks with this problem on another forum found one SD round that seemed to work reliably so they are content to carry that way.

I, on the other hand am willing to give up 2 rounds to carry something that will go bang every time the trigger is pulled. I'm pretty sure I don't have to say which brands make those.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#12]
In my pursuit of my wanting to keep this gun, I have decided to clean and lube it again (according to the manual), leave the mags loaded for a few days, and make doubly sure I don't have the plastic remnant in the striker channel. I will not polish anything on this gun for fear of  negating the warranty.  I will take it out next week and try a variety of ammo again. It had better feed, fire and eject either the Sig, Gold Dot or HST SD ammo reliably or it will be going back to SIG, and then likley on the auction block. I will post here what my results are.

In the meantime I will carry either my Shield or 43X when I need a small gun.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 !
Might not be a bad idea to take
the mags apart and clean em,
just to rule that out as well.
Really hopes that works out...
I want one, maybe with a RDS.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In my pursuit of my wanting to keep this gun, I have decided to clean and lube it again (according to the manual), leave the mags loaded for a few days, and make doubly sure I don't have the plastic remnant in the striker channel. I will not polish anything on this gun for fear of  negating the warranty.  I will take it out next week and try a variety of ammo again. It had better feed, fire and eject either the Sig, Gold Dot or HST SD ammo reliably or it will be going back to SIG, and then likley on the auction block. I will post here what my results are.

In the meantime I will carry either my Shield or 43X when I need a small gun.
View Quote
My regular P365 did the same thing. Did not go into battery twice in ~100 rounds.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#15]
A co-worker bought a 365 based upon my recommendation. He took it to the range and was not happy. The slide would not fully close after about every 2 to 3 rounds. Out of about 100 rounds, he said he could not get more than 3 to fire before he had a malfunction. The gun was made early 2019 and he was using good quality ammo.

So he bought it to work so I could take a look at it. I asked him if he had cleaned it before shooting it, "no" was the answer I got. I have a 365 with over 1200 rounds now. All my ammo was either 115gr cheap range ammo or federal HST 147gr. It had been about half and half and the gun has been put though it paces. It's even been dropped tested-by accident-and I was pissed when I did it. I've only had my gun not go bang once and it was a primer that did not ignite in the first 50 rounds. When I bought my gun, it was dripping wet with oil. I have never opened up a new SIG and found so much oil on it. Most of my SIGs either came with a sticky packaging grease or very little oil. I have always cleaned my guns before the first range trip but I did not with the 365. I kind of wanted to test it to see what would happen. My gun just plain worked.

So back to my co-workers gun. We broke it down and I was surprised to find almost no lube on it of any kind. The rails looked to have never had any lube on them. I was a little surprised by the find after my experience. I compared his gun to mine and did not see anything that I thought would be causing his issue. So the gun was cleaned and then it was oiled. I made sure the rails and a good coat of oil. I then took it to the range and fired off a little over a 100 rounds. Not a single malfunction.

My suggestion to anybody who is having slide not closing or cycling issues is make sure your gun has some oil on the rails. I'm not talking a little drop but a good coating. I'm aware of the whole grease vs oil debate with SIGs. If your 365 is running fine and you use grease, then good. If you are having issues, then clean your rails and use oil on them. See if that fixes the issues.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Picked my 365xl up today. Dripping in oil.
Cleaned it all up, and took the firing pin assembly out, sure enough, the mystery piece of plastic came out of the channel.
Will shoot it tomorrow.
Loaded both mags and let them sit.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Pic of mystery firing pin channel plastic?
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I feel like I'm leading a charmed life: new 365 owner, now up to about 550 flawless rounds.  And don't think I wasn't expecting problems. In contrast, not even one failure. I should add that the first 200 rounds were through a gun straight from the box without any initial cleaning.
I am really more of a Walter fan, but I have to grudgingly say this is a pretty impressive pistol.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I have decided not to mess with the P365XL any more. I am mailing it back to SIG this week. I've already put 250 rounds through it and have done all of the suggested fixes. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it back. I really like it and want it to work out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Out of curiosity, why does the gun need to be cleaned prior to shooting it? Is it packed in grease or are there filings/scrap inside the pistol? I really want to get one but don't understand what the deal with cleaning it prior does. I held one the other day at my ffl dealer and could not get over how nice it felt.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#22]
People say clean but we really mean properly lube.  I see officers a work all the time show up to qualify with their new off duty gun and take it brand new straight out of the box and start shooting.  Then they are surprised when they have a feed malfunction.  The preservative most manufacturers put on a firearm to ship is not sufficient lube.  A small gun it is operating on a fine line anyway.  Add the extremely tight mag springs and a dry gun and it doesn't take much friction to cause a stoppage.  The fail to return to battery is what I see most with a dry small gun.  There is just not enough enertia in the small light weight slide to overcome the metal to metal friction when a new gun has stiff springs and not enough lube.  David
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
People say clean but we really mean properly lube.  I see officers a work all the time show up to qualify with their new off duty gun and take it brand new straight out of the box and start shooting.  Then they are surprised when they have a feed malfunction.  The preservative most manufacturers put on a firearm to ship is not sufficient lube.  A small gun it is operating on a fine line anyway.  Add the extremely tight mag springs and a dry gun and it doesn't take much friction to cause a stoppage.  The fail to return to battery is what I see most with a dry small gun.  There is just not enough enertia in the small light weight slide to overcome the metal to metal friction when a new gun has stiff springs and not enough lube.  David
View Quote
This kind of surprises me. I don't by any means recommend running your guns completely dry, but I have never had an issue running my small Glocks and M&P's right out of the box. I have gone through a few thousand rounds after general cleaning/lubrication and have not had any issues. I've never been so aware of cleaning and lubing as I have with the 365 and 365XL, and even then can't get the gun into battery. Back to Sig it went. When it comes back I'll give it a fair shake, but my CCW has to be reliable in a wide range of conditions and with a wide range of ammo. It's not reliable if it needs to be kept perfectly lubed and can only run the one kind of ammo it will reliably feed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#24]
My 365 has been fine, but I have read and heard enough from Sig guys to be done with this design. I am selling mine to get an X Compact
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My 365 has been fine, but I have read and heard enough from Sig guys to be done with this design. I am selling mine to get an X Compact
View Quote
The X Compact is on my short list. It looks like a fine firearm. The only reason I haven't bought one yet is because I am heavily invested in my Glock 19's with RMR's. I don't want to have to learn and invest in a new platform. Having said that I may just get one and see where it takes me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The X Compact is on my short list. It looks like a fine firearm. The only reason I haven't bought one yet is because I am heavily invested in my Glock 19's with RMR's. I don't want to have to learn and invest in a new platform. Having said that I may just get one and see where it takes me.
View Quote
I am invested in the 320 as my go to. Perhaps it was a mistake with the cost of mags, Sig being Sig and so on. Heck, I even have 3 Sig cans.

I was going to get a 365 XL, some 15 round mags, holsters, but I will just get X compact and toss a delta point on it
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#27]
My brother and I have 365s and have run close to 1k rounds each.
I let a friend try mine & had several failures like the op.
I told him I think he was limp wristing & try to hold tighter.
He had no more problems.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Personal experiences notwithstanding, I think it's foolish to run any piece of machinery when it isn't properly lubricated.

There is no machine anywhere in my house or at work that I would ever say, "It works just fine without cleaning and lubrication" and just go with it.

I never understood why people would accept such a condition for a handgun or rifle.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Personal experiences notwithstanding, I think it's foolish to run any piece of machinery when it isn't properly lubricated.

There is no machine anywhere in my house or at work that I would ever say, "It works just fine without cleaning and lubrication" and just go with it.

I never understood why people would accept such a condition for a handgun or rifle.
View Quote
I dont think anyone said "it works fine without cleaning and lubrication."

If I am on the ranch hunting or working, I can go several days or more where the firearm is exposed to dust and dirt, wind and rain. I need to know it's going to work regardless of condition. Did the firearm start out cleaned and lubricated? Yes. Was it like that after working several days? Probably not. I do know that with my Glocks they will still work. My 3 P365's? Nope, not yet anyway.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My brother and I have 365s and have run close to 1k rounds each.
I let a friend try mine & had several failures like the op.
I told him I think he was limp wristing & try to hold tighter.
He had no more problems.
View Quote
Yea, that must be it. I was limp wristing them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If I am on the ranch hunting or working, I can go several days or more where the firearm is exposed to dust and dirt, wind and rain. I need to know it's going to work regardless of condition. Did the firearm start out cleaned and lubricated? Yes. Was it like that after working several days? Probably not. I do know that with my Glocks they will still work. My 3 P365's? Nope, not yet anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it.  I was speaking to the more generalized expressions of people who insist a gun doesn't need to be lubricated.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I get it.  I was speaking to the more generalized expressions of people who insist a gun doesn't need to be lubricated.
View Quote
Agree. :-)
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a small farm, and do lots of work around the desert. I carry a Ruger Blackhawk 357 with snake shot as first round. My truck gun is Marlin 336 30-30. That is in case a steer charges.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I have a small farm, and do lots of work around the desert. I carry a Ruger Blackhawk 357 with snake shot as first round. My truck gun is Marlin 336 30-30. That is in case a steer charges.
View Quote
A revolver is a great choice for crappy conditions. I have a Blackhawk Bisley in .45 Colt that I carry sometimes. The 30-30 has probably taken more game than any other caliber. Both very good choices for field work.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Shot mine the other day 250 rounds no issues straight out of the box. Made june 30th. Love it! Then again mine also did not have the difficulty racking the slide when the trigger is pulled either.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Shot mine the other day 250 rounds no issues straight out of the box. Made june 30th. Love it! Then again mine also did not have the difficulty racking the slide when the trigger is pulled either.
View Quote
Hopefully you got a good one. Mine arrived at Sig today for repair.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Does Sig tell you what is issue is and what they did to fix it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what they say, but my experience has not been that way with Sig. My last two P365's came back with no indication of what was done.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I got an email from Sig yesterday saying they are shipping my P365XL back for delivery tomorrow (Wed.) No indication of what they did for repairs. That means the gun was at Sig for basically one day if you don't count the weekend. Received on Friday and shipped on Monday. I hope it's a new pistol, but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#40]
XL received back from Sig. They said they replaced the recoil spring.
I received it back with lots of oil in it. So much that it was pooling in the bag. I had to wipe it down with a rag before messing with it.
I hope that's not the key to making it run.

It will probably be a few days before I can take it out and run some rounds through it.
I am hoping it runs because I really love the way it handles.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#41]
My P365 has about 2.5K rounds though it now... no failues in the past 2.3K.

I'm seriously considering adding a 365XL, but perhaps I have a unicorn with my 'shorty'.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My P365 has about 2.5K rounds though it now... no failues in the past 2.3K.

I'm seriously considering adding a 365XL, but perhaps I have a unicorn with my 'shorty'.
View Quote
I gave up on the 365 after two units failing. I really want the XL to work, but refuse to carry anything that's not reliable.
I'll keep y'all updated.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
XL received back from Sig. They said they replaced the recoil spring.
I received it back with lots of oil in it. So much that it was pooling in the bag. I had to wipe it down with a rag before messing with it.
I hope that's not the key to making it run.

It will probably be a few days before I can take it out and run some rounds through it.
I am hoping it runs because I really love the way it handles.
View Quote
Recoil spring, that’s it? How does a new gun have a bad recoil spring? They probably use all that oil to prevent rust. All my Sigs came slathered in oil. Let us know how works. I really want to love the P365 lineup, but I might just stick with the P320
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Picked my 365xl up today. Dripping in oil.
Cleaned it all up, and took the firing pin assembly out, sure enough, the mystery piece of plastic came out of the channel.
View Quote
I picked up my XL yesterday and checked mine for the plastic piece. Mine didn't have one but I think I may know what it is and where it came from.

Instead of the piece holding the back plate being pushed forward  to remove the end cap, I had to push it toward the groove in the middle of the striker assembly. This piece of plastic is about the same size and shape as the piece you found. It seems to me this piece could broken off of the striker assembly.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#45]
With Sig products, you always have to wait about a year before you buy them so they work out the issues with their R&D/QA.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Today I had an opportunity to take the P365XL to the range. As mentioned previously it would not go into battery most of the time with all different kinds of ammo. I returned it to Sig and they replaced the recoil spring.

Today I shot 260 rounds of mostly handloads, steel case and defense ammo.  Ammo tried was 115 gr. plated RN, 124gr. plated FP, 115gr. cast RN, 124gr. cast FP, 124gr. WW Ranger-T +P, 124gr. Speer Gold Dot +P, 115gr. steel cased Tula.

I fired most of the rounds at 15 yards and fairly fast in order to get the gun nice and hot. This gun does get hot. I was pleased with the accuracy. It shoots better than I do.

Out of all the rounds fired I had zero return to battery issues. Zero FTF or FTE issues. I had one light primer strike on a steel cased round, but it fired the second time. The slide did not lock back several times on an empty mag, but it was my fault riding the slide lock.

At this point I feel fairly confident in adding this gun to my carry rotation. It's on my hip now in a Vedder light tuck. After my two previous P365's failing at ~400 and ~1200 rounds I won't be totally comfortable until I get considerably more rounds through it, but as of right now I am happy.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Okay.

So my 365XL exhibited this EXACT thing...BUT not nearly as often as yours.
I was shooting a mix of ammo (124 and some 115).  I couldn't narrow it down between mags or ammo.  It just happened now and then that the slide didn't go fully into battery (not a striker-channel issues).  My issue happened once every two mags...sometimes three mags.

HOWEVER, I've discovered:
1) The nice, long 365XL grip with the regular 365 SLIDE is 100% reliable with all ammo. This is my carry gun.
also
2) The 365XL SLIDE with the 365 grip is 100% reliable with all ammo and mags (though I only tested my 12 and one 15rd mags).

So I can carry the 365XL slide as long as I have it on a 365 grip....with the 12rd mag it's basically the same thing. I don't know why the RECOIL SPRING (on the Recoil Assembly) would work on the shorter 365 grip but not the 365XL grip, since they are the exact same length.

I wonder if SIG is doing something else but not saying anything....
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Okay.

So my 365XL exhibited this EXACT thing...BUT not nearly as often as yours.
I was shooting a mix of ammo (124 and some 115).  I couldn't narrow it down between mags or ammo.  It just happened now and then that the slide didn't go fully into battery (not a striker-channel issues).  My issue happened once every two mags...sometimes three mags.

HOWEVER, I've discovered:
1) The nice, long 365XL grip with the regular 365 SLIDE is 100% reliable with all ammo. This is my carry gun.
also
2) The 365XL SLIDE with the 365 grip is 100% reliable with all ammo and mags (though I only tested my 12 and one 15rd mags).

So I can carry the 365XL slide as long as I have it on a 365 grip....with the 12rd mag it's basically the same thing. I don't know why the RECOIL SPRING (on the Recoil Assembly) would work on the shorter 365 grip but not the 365XL grip, since they are the exact same length.

I wonder if SIG is doing something else but not saying anything....
View Quote
Interesting. I have no idea if they replaced the recoil spring or did something else. I can only go by their notes.  Does your 365 exhibit primer drag? Mine did pretty seriously. My XL does not at all. I like the idea of the 365 slide on the XL frame, kinda like a 365X, but I dont trust anything about the 365 after all my issues to buy a slide to go on my XL. For now I am happy with the XL. It shoots like a much larger gun. I will let you know what I think after I've had a chance to run a whole lot more rounds through it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Yes.  I was shocked that the XL shoots like 25% softer despite only being just a hair longer.  
I don’t mind having them split like this, but I’m hoping after it breaks in, it’ll work as it should.
** I may cal and ask for a stronger recoil spring assembly (that is, I wonder if there was a “rolling change” to something with an extra pound or two).

Note:  my original (12/2017) 365 had failures to return to battery that improved every time I took it to the range...but I sent it to sig and since I’ve gotten it back it’s been 100%.
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#50]
I took the 365XL to the range again today and practiced drawing from my Vedder Light Tuck IWB holster.

I fired 275 rounds consisting of 115gr. and 124 gr. cast and plated hand loads, 124gr. +P Speer Gold Dot, as well as some steel cased 115gr. Tula ammo.

I had zero malfunctions of any kind. That makes 535 rounds total now through the gun with zero malfunctions.

A couple of observations:

- This gun is very accurate. It shoots like a much larger gun IMO.
- The gun is very concealable even with a 12 round magazine. It is comfortable to carry in the Vedder Light Tuck IWB.
- The P365XL is softer shooting than the P365 but not as soft shooting as my G26.
- It ejects brass to almost the same place on the ground for each load type fired. No brass to the face either.
- This gun gets super hot. During my practice, the slide got so hot that it started to burn the thumb on my weak hand where it rides close to the slide.My G26 does not do this when running the same exercise.

Overall I am really pleased with the P365XL. I am comfortable enough to put it in my carry rotation along with my G26 and G19. If it continues to perform as it has, I may decide to try an optic on it in the near future.

I will update this post as I have an opportunity to run more rounds through it. So far, so good.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top