Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]
After the initial rollout bugs are worked out I may buy one in .40 to match my FS early gen. Good looking pistol.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Guns are popping up now on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gun's are popping up now on gunbroker.
View Quote
My local shop got five in the other day so I grabbed one. With the political climate the way it is I don't think anyone is going to have a ton of trouble finding one of these.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#4]
What size mags does the 2.0 compact take? Are they proprietary to the new platform?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My local shop got five in the other day so I grabbed one. With the political climate the way it is I don't think anyone is going to have a ton of trouble finding one of these.
View Quote
Nope. I think you are correct about availability.

Nice to see companies announce a new model and have it shipped and on shelves in a matter of weeks too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What size mags does the 2.0 compact take? Are they proprietary to the new platform?
View Quote
They come with 15 round magazines but the 17 round magazines will work and stick out about an inch. Smith was even nice enough to give you two spacers with the compact for the 17 round magazines.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Does the spacer fix the overinsertion issue on the compact?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nice to see companies announce a new model and have it shipped and on shelves in a matter of weeks too.
View Quote
Smith also didn't build up any hype around these at all. They should have had these in Youtubers hands months ago and had this thing hyped up like the p10c. The p10c is a great gun but the internet would have had to thinking it was the next coming of Christ.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Smith also didn't build up any hype around these at all. They should have had these in Youtubers hands months ago and had this thing hyped up like the p10c. The p10c is a great gun but the internet would have had to thinking it was the next coming of Christ.
View Quote
Oh, yeah. It certainly wouldn't hurt to announce the gun and then ship a couple hundred out to bloggers and writers first. But I'm still glad to see the guns shipping shortly after release.

Maybe the old ways are gone.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I just posted a brief VIDEO REVIEW ON YOUTUBE.

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does the spacer fix the overinsertion issue on the compact?
As you can see in the video, I ran my brand new M&P9 2.0 Compact in a USPSA match yesterday. More than half the rounds fed out of a regular "1.0" magazine with TTI 140mm extended basepad (23-round capacity). I did several reloads from the 15-round mag to the 23-round mag. I had no problems with feeding or function, the magazines all work as expected. I did not experience over-insertion the one time I had to do a slide-lock reload. I just tried over-inserting a long magazine (no spacer) in the locked-open Compact and it did not travel significantly past the catch no matter how hard I hit it - indeed, it cannot because the top-left mag feedlip stops on the ejector. It fed the top round fine too, even when I was pushing up on the magazine while releasing the slide. I would say I am not worried about over-insertion.

As for the spacer, I think it is something cheap S&W could throw in the box, and I guess it might help some folks with large hands who want more to hang on to. IMHO it is just something else to go wrong, and I will definitely NOT be using one on my reload magazine.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

As you can see in the video, I ran my brand new M&P9 2.0 Compact in a USPSA match yesterday. More than half the rounds fed out of a regular "1.0" magazine with TTI 140mm extended basepad (23-round capacity). I did several reloads from the 15-round mag to the 23-round mag. I had no problems with feeding or function, the magazines all work as expected. I did not experience over-insertion the one time I had to do a slide-lock reload. I just tried over-inserting a long magazine (no spacer) in the locked-open Compact and it did not travel significantly past the catch no matter how hard I hit it - indeed, it cannot because the top-left mag feedlip stops on the ejector. It fed the top round fine too, even when I was pushing up on the magazine while releasing the slide. I would say I am not worried about over-insertion.

As for the spacer, I think it is something cheap S&W could throw in the box, and I guess it might help some folks with large hands who want more to hang on to. IMHO it is just something else to go wrong, and I will definitely NOT be using one on my reload magazine.
View Quote
I’m in a no fun state so I’m going to have to buy the gun and 10 round magazines separately unfortunately.

Just trying to figure out what mags would fit (flush) in the M2.0 compact.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know where to pick up extra magazines?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I took delivery of mine yesterday. Out the box ran it 2000 rounds. Ran no issues and more accurate than my g5 19. Love this m&p and all my 19 Glocks are on Armslist for sale. This is the Glock killer. Love the ergonomics and for some reason concealed better.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Your voice sounds just like Mark Steyn's

Steyn: Hillary is like 'O.J. looking for real killers'
]
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, I'm glad they did it how they did.  B/c it would have went one of two ways, ala P10C and everyone rushes to get one and it's overhyped, or some reviewer somewhere would have had an issue with one, then everyone would start repeating it and it would kill sales.  The way they did it is good in my book and I'm in for at least two of them.  Justin Opinion posted his vid just a bit ago.  He is not a bad shooter by any means and is not a great shooter either (better than me though) and he was shooting lights out with it.  So much so I think he impressed himself.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I took delivery of mine yesterday. Out the box ran it 2000 rounds. Ran no issues and more accurate than my g5 19. Love this m&p and all my 19 Glocks are on Armslist for sale. This is the Glock killer. Love the ergonomics and for some reason concealed better.
View Quote
Holy crap, you ran 2000 rounds in it the first day!?!?!  That's awesome.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone know where to pick up extra magazines?
View Quote
I haven't seen any in stock. I did pre-order some from Quantico Tactical though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I ran 250 rounds thru mine without a hiccup. It's a good shooter and is reliable so far.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Dammit just paid 479 from them last week.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry, but maybe you could post some links to those 19 Glocks you put on Armlist  

19 Glocks and 2,000 rounds?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
call and bitch
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:23:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Wonder if these will go for under $400. May pick one up and get rid of the fulltime 9
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone see the ambi safety model anywhere for sale yet?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
ESR Tactical in Jeffersonville Indiana had one yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 4:50:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
There are some on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bought one from Whittakers Saturday for $420.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Boo I paid $470+ tax locally.

I still feel it is worth that and I needed to give my local guy some business anyways. Right now sales are in the toilet compared to the last eight years so the small guys need all the business they can get.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#30]
I love the gun, shoots great....however, it carried it this week and the rough 2.0 texture is terrible against my skin even with an undershirt.  I switched back to my 1.0 M&P's for carry.  It is the large backstrap more than anything because it protrudes from the main grip frame more than anything else with that sandpaper texture.  I will likely wrap it in Brooke's A Grip (velvet like texture) which I have done on some other pistols I have.  The texture is awesome for shooting, but for carry it is uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I love the gun, shoots great....however, it carried it this week and the rough 2.0 texture is terrible against my skin even with an undershirt.  I switched back to my 1.0 M&P's for carry.  It is the large backstrap more than anything because it protrudes from the main grip frame more than anything else with that sandpaper texture.  I will likely wrap it in Brooke's A Grip (velvet like texture) which I have done on some other pistols I have.  The texture is awesome for shooting, but for carry it is uncomfortable.
View Quote
I emailed Talon and they said they will have one in a couple weeks and will be releasing grips for them. With an undershirt the m2.0 texture is fine but I don't wear an undershirt that often and I don't want to change that. I carried my m2.0c again today and the texture is too much for bare skin. I am either going to add Talon grips or take sand paper to it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I just picked one up tonight. I am normally a Glock 19 and BHP guy. This is my first M&P. Shot around 200 rounds through it tonight. I gotta say, I really like it so far. Fits my hand well with the small grip, big easy to see sights, nice trigger.

The grip is very rough I agree. I took some 1500 grit sandpaper to it when I go home and it feels much better now and you can't even tell. Probably could achieve the same thing just by shooting it with gloves for a while.

I got the version with the safety. I am used to both without a safety on my Glock and riding the safety on my BHP. This safety is great, I can ride it with my thumb no problem. Love that I can load and rack with the safety on!

Only bad thing is I can't find extra mags anywhere! If anyone has a lead I would appreciate a where to find some.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#33]
I got to handle a 2.0 compact at a nearby gun store. The texture is very nice in hand but agree that it would be uncomfortable if it rides against the skin.

I found the trigger to be lighter than my Shield but the audible/tactile reset was quite a step backwards at the same time.

I'll probably still end up buying one because of the aftermarket support and it's a very good complement to my Shield. I'm still entertaining the P10c as an option too.

I wish I had so many Glock 19-sized choices 9 years ago when I first got my CCW.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#34]
FWIW, my LGS has this in .40 with no thumb safety for $429
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Just put 250 fmj and 100 HST rounds through my new 2.0 Compact. Gun is very accurate and was without fault. I'm gonna send it off to get an rmr on it. When it is back it will be replacing my rmrd G19.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's back up to $479 now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#37]
when will it get covered by the rebate?  perhaps after the current rebate ends?

I am also thinking the compact will be an issue due to the texture, still deciding between it and the VPSK for my OWB HD w/light CCW gun...

based on MAC's reliability tests, the M&P M2.0 is definitely the more rugged serious gun, but for CCW it doesn't really matter.  I have the fullsize M2.0 and Glocks for the end times...
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I am also thinking the compact will be an issue due to the texture, still deciding between it and the VPSK for my OWB HD w/light CCW gun...

based on MAC's reliability tests, the M&P M2.0 is definitely the more rugged serious gun, but for CCW it doesn't really matter.  I have the fullsize M2.0 and Glocks for the end times...
View Quote
If the texture is an issue you can always sand it down to your desired feel. @Quake_Guy
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's covered right now.  Print it out and mail it in.  They just haven't updated their online system to cover the 2.0 compacts.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:13:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Anyone got a line yet on extra mags?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone got a line yet on extra mags?
View Quote
Given the way that S&W rolled out the Shield (Holster makers, accessories, SPARE MAGS) it is disappointing that they weren't prepared to meet that part of the demand.  LOVE the gun, but it is hard to give up the G19 without better logistical support.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Given the way that S&W rolled out the Shield (Holster makers, accessories, SPARE MAGS) it is disappointing that they weren't prepared to meet that part of the demand.  LOVE the gun, but it is hard to give up the G19 without better logistical support.
View Quote
It shouldn't be that hard to turn the magazine machine on.  Or buy a couple extra boxes from Mec-Gar if that's an option.

But they'll get there eventually.  I guess I shouldn't be complaining as fast as they've been rolling out the pistols.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#44]
My LGS can't keep the 9mm with safety model in stock. He said they sold 5 just on Saturday.

He made a good point, he said us old timers love our G19s and may be hard to convert but for the newbies he sells too, side by side the M&P 2.0 in his opinion will often come out on top.

I think this is a going to be a huge win for S&W as long as no big issues pop up. I have 750 rounds though my two with 0 issues.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#45]
This pistol will replace my G19. I just sent it off to have an rmr installed on it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My LGS can't keep the 9mm with safety model in stock. He said they sold 5 just on Saturday.

He made a good point, he said us old timers love our G19s and may be hard to convert but for the newbies he sells too, side by side the M&P 2.0 in his opinion will often come out on top.

I think this is a going to be a huge win for S&W as long as no big issues pop up. I have 750 rounds though my two with 0 issues.
View Quote
The local range/shop has at least 1 2.0C in.  It's at full MSRP $569. Yikes, no thanks.

I see it listed on another shop's distributor's site that has it for $470 which isn't so bad.

See it's on sale at iammo and I'm not sure if it's correct or not.  But 3 mags with night sights for $450+shipping+FFL fee seems like a pretty good bargain.  But when I search that model # from iammo's site, it doesn't have the 3rd mag or night sights on any other website.  Not sure what the deal is.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#47]
What do we have for holster options?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What do we have for holster options?
View Quote
Some pics of my Bravo a few threads down.

I have a JMC on order, they have it listed on their site. Not sure when it will ship though. Milt Sparks will also take order for it now but are 10-16 weeks out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#49]
It's not confusing. I'm sure all 2.0 compact magazine production at this time is going towards new guns. When gun sales slow down, as they always do, mags will become more readily available.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#50]
I've been carrying mine in a Galco meant for the M&P 9mm full size. It works okay but is a wee bit too long.

Probably the best course of action is to wet it and form the end to better fit the muzzle.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top